• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#51 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

This seems like some of "The Martian Chronicles" by Bradbury I know some were produced in various programs over the years. Some of them haunt my memories too.

Maybe an offshoot interpretation of that, but the entry for IMDB shows that it had a rather large cast. The weird show I am thinking of had only one, maybe two actors throughout the series.

#52 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

I saw that film in it's 80's theatrical re-release, which is kind of surprising, since that is a movie that Disney has tried to quietly sweep under the rug, due to it's inherently racist portrayal of pre-civil war blacks.

There are bootleg copies available all over the net, the most common being a rip of a korean laserdisc. I have a VHS copy which was ripped from that source, and it is exactly the same as the original American version, though Korean subtitles appear during each musical number.

I also have a few of the late 70's/early 80's storybook records based on stories from that film, the one with the most offensive title is called The Story of Br'er Rabbit and Tar Baby.

Now I got Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder stuck in my head ty so much. I saw this in the theature as well either right before or right after the first transformers movie. Amazingly racist for a Disney film.
キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#53 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

Amazingly racist for a Disney film.

Was'nt Disney himself racist? :)

#54 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

This thread is reminding me of a PBS show that was 'educational' and was a library-education focused series that they showed when I was in Kindergarden. It featured a group of people and had a group of wild people they were hiding from that I think was called 'ravers,' though I'm not sure of it.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#55 Battlechaser7

Battlechaser7

Epicurian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

Was'nt Disney himself racist? :)

I believe he was anti Semitic but I don't know if that was the extent of his irrational hatred or not : )

Well you made me google it turns out he was an ass and a racist

http://www.businessw...49/b4012117.htm

Best,
Chris
キン肉マン

I buy toys, So I can sell toys, So I can buy more toys...

My Need toys link--Please check out for trades, updated as trades occur
need toys
My Available Trades
got toys

#56 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:18 AM

Anti-Semitic? I wonder if that's why Hitler loved Disney characters so much.

http://www.cracked.c...et-hobbies.html

#57 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

i have a definite possibility here!

was it by chance this? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080806/

"the golem"

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#58 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

There are quite a few films with that same name, my personal favorite being this one.

The one you suggested is not it, but my love for eastern European cinema has prompted me to add this to my collection!

I have been getting alot of suggestions from members of another message board, and alot of them involve a world that exists after a cataclysm of some sort, which is not the case with the one I am looking for.

The keys to the film I seek are:
*The surface world is completely normal, i.e. present day city (80's L.A.)
*The underground world is actually a sewer system or abandoned subway system, a structure made by surface dwellers but long in disuse.
*The bulk of the underground dwellers are human, non-mutant, homeless types.
*One of the peripheral underground-dwelling characters is a disc jockey, piping music and various comments about the action taking place in the film through loudspeakers which are seemingly all over the sewer system.
*Was made before 1991, maybe 1993 the very latest.

Alot of the suggestions I have gotten so far had one or more of those elements, but none, as far as I could tell, involved the DJ character. Somehow, I feel that he is the key to identifying this film.

#59 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

That DJ is very much like The Warriors.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#60 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:22 PM

Yeah, but this film is just two guys, not a gang, versus 1 gang, not several gangs, and aside from the first and last 10% of the film, takes place entirely in a sewer.
The list goes on.
But most importantly, I have always known what The Warriors is, even since before I saw the mystery film.

#61 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:43 AM

I was commenting on the obvious antecedant, not suggesting the movie. I'll keep my mind open and watch the midnight movies when I can. Maybe we'll get lucky.

#62 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

hmm when i get time later i will try an experiment. i will pull up "warriors" on imdb and try to find "similar movies" and see if it pulls anything that sounds like the movie in question. it's an obsession now, i want to know what this movie is!!!

anyone else feel free to do so as well.

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#63 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

I wish there was this much interest when I was trying to find out the name of the 80's skin flick I remember seeing as a kid. :o

Posted Image

#64 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:16 AM

I wish there was this much interest when I was trying to find out the name of the 80's skin flick I remember seeing as a kid. :o

Bring it up again here.... people are interested in IDing films....

#65 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:23 AM

Bring it up again here.... people are interested in IDing films....

Right on. Chances are that I saw it as a kid as well, haha!

#66 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:10 AM

I'm still trying to find a copy of the old B-movie "Arena" for download or on DVD. I remember it being a live-action version of Street Fighter 2010 and loving it because of it.

#67 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

I have this one, if it is the one you are talking about.

#68 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

Okay ... Here are two movies I saw when I was younger, and I still can't remember their names ... Please help.

Movie #1: Not sure of the year, but I can say that I saw it on Pay Per View when I was in grade school (I graduated in '95). I don't remember if there are any known actors/actresses. The main character, I think, was a female. Pretty much all the characters wear black clothes/armor. It takes place in a Post-Apocalyptic desert, and the plot revolves around some sort of game they play, kinda like Rugby. But the ball is a skull, and the goal is to take it from one end of the arena to the other, and put it on a spike. At some point the characters go underground, but I don't remember anything else.

Movie #2: This was a cheesy horror flick. The main character was a man that had some sort of power glove. And it would take him to different crazy places. I only remember two of the places. 1 -- It was some sort of desert/rocky place ... When he gets there he ends up fighting a huge rock/pyramid/golem thing. 2 -- it's a frozen cave with statues of all of the horrible characters of the world. Dracula, Werewolf, Lizzy Borden (or maybe Bloody Mary), Jack the Ripper, Attila the Hun (I think). Then all of a sudden they all come alive at once and chase him.

Please, if you have any ideas on what these movies are, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance guys/gals!
If it weren't for the good guys, we'd all be BAD!

#69 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

#1 reminds me of Solarbabies, aside from the skull part. The combination of a post-apocalyptoc world and kids on rollers is actually a faitly common theme of western crap-cinema from the late 70's to the early 90's. Other titles that come to mind are Rollerball and Prayer of the Rollerboys, among others. I'll have to do some checking...

#2 definitely sounds like Ragewar, aka Dungeonmaster. It has seven writers, five directors, and features the 80's metal band W.A.S.P. How can you go wrong?

Edited by fuzzbuster, 03 October 2010 - 09:55 AM.

#70 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:04 PM

I remember posting some years back trying to remember the name of Arena. Have it on VHS now. I think Doc scored that ID for me.

As for this one. My Aunt brought it over thinking it was a comedy of some sort, as it had a National Lampoon style box cover. You know with the funny caricatures.

But the movie was about a suburban family that lived in a house. It was sort of like an extreme version of Married With Children. I recall a little brother and his older grown up sister. The Sister liked to be rebellious against her Dad and persistently sunbathed in the nude in front of the neighbors. She had an older boyfriend, and eventually there was a shower love scene...... Our folks walked in on this part, and then the "What the Crap are y'all watchin!" stuff happened, and suffice to say, we didn't get to finish the movie. For some reason this is most of what I can remember. :notme:

Posted Image

#71 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

#1 reminds me of Solarbabies, aside from the skull part. The combination of a post-apocalyptoc world and kids on rollers is actually a faitly common theme of western crap-cinema from the late 70's to the early 90's. Other titles that come to mind are Rollerball and Prayer of the Rollerboys, among others. I'll have to do some checking...

#2 definitely sounds like Ragewar, aka Dungeonmaster. It has seven writers, five directors, and features the 80's metal band W.A.S.P. How can you go wrong?

Thanks for the help, I am trying to DL Ragewar now. The plot on IMDB sounds about right, so only seeing the movie will make it certain.

It's funny, when I was writing out the description for the Arena movie ... I knew someone was going to think it was Solarbabies, which I have always liked. The movie I'm thinking of, doesn't involve roller-anything. All of the game parts were on foot.

I did just download Solarbabies and Prayer of the Rollerboys though. :notme:
If it weren't for the good guys, we'd all be BAD!

#72 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

A Boy and His Dog? Has both postapocalyptic and underground elements....
Posted Image

#73 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

Haha, yes, post-apocalyptic games instantly conjur up images of Solarbabies, my mistake!

Recently, I downloaded a ton of Corey Haim stuff, including A Boy and His Dog. It is pretty weird, but not as weird as Me, Myself and I!
Still, not the one that's driving me nuts...

#74 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Ok, I am fairly certain that Wrath1104 is talking about The Blood of Heroes, aka The Salute of the Jugger. Here is the trailer on youtube.

This looks pretty interesting, though listening to Joan Chen's voice generally makes me want to choke Joan Chen. If her character dies in the film, I may be compelled to watch it though!

And I have to admit, I love the tagline: "In a future ravaged by war, all eyes are on....Juggers."

Edited by fuzzbuster, 03 October 2010 - 07:13 PM.

#75 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

As for this one. My Aunt brought it over thinking it was a comedy of some sort, as it had a National Lampoon style box cover. You know with the funny caricatures.

But the movie was about a suburban family that lived in a house. It was sort of like an extreme version of Married With Children. I recall a little brother and his older grown up sister. The Sister liked to be rebellious against her Dad and persistently sunbathed in the nude in front of the neighbors. She had an older boyfriend, and eventually there was a shower love scene...... Our folks walked in on this part, and then the "What the Crap are y'all watchin!" stuff happened, and suffice to say, we didn't get to finish the movie. For some reason this is most of what I can remember. ;)

This may or may not be it, but your brief description is somewhat reminiscent of Wacko.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com