• 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Merged topics and renamed the original one.

I can't wait to score one of the C2E2 beasts!

Arrgg Lucky! I wish I could go to C2E2 and grab one of these.

#77 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Arrgg Lucky! I wish I could go to C2E2 and grab one of these.

:lol:

Me, too.

I meant I'll be snagging one off of eBay as soon as they are available.

#78 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

:lol:

Me, too.

I meant I'll be snagging one off of eBay as soon as they are available.

Ha! Fooled me!

I'll be hunting one down on ebay also. Still....wish I could go to C2E2

#79 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Color me unimpressed. Which is sad.

#80 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Ugh. Still using the Mate base? No thanks.

So much for that.

#81 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Ugh. Still using the Mate base? No thanks.

So much for that.

I feel the same but at least there's still hope with the Japanese prototype.

#82 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

For anyone who hasn't clicked on the toys tab over there, there's a picture of the exclusive in bag.

http://battlebeasts....inery.com/toys/

Clear red, so presumably the mould will show up as a solid colour version with the main launch.
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#83 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

IDW Battle Beasts Comics ? YES

Battle Beasts built on *non rounded* minimate bucks? ehhh....ehhhh....

Judging the Ram shown individually....it has ...custom potential. Legs could be sculpted. You shouldnt have to do things like that right after purchase but at least it's an option. I've seen some amazing Mega Bloks custom figures so it's possible some fantastic creations could come out of this once in collectors hands after a bit of modification. Thank goodness the heads are sculpted.

I may snag the ram but if the figures start to trend towards the bulky gator design released prior to the Ram will be the only figure i acquire.

I'm really looking forward to that comic though!

Edited by Articulationnut, 11 April 2012 - 03:31 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#84 Preacher

Preacher

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

They will fight my Glyos guys.
I can't stand Haiku.
It's not clever OR funny.
And requires no skill.

#85 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

I wish the Ram wasn't in a bag or all red so we'd get a better look at it. As it is, it doesn't look that impressive, though the drawings of the figure look way better. Also, did they jump the gun a day early on the announcement?
Posted Image

#86 Edrixx

Edrixx

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

Am I the only one who was expecting more from the DST countdown? ?

#87 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

Am I the only one who was expecting more from the DST countdown? ?

I was expecting the launch of an official DST battle beasts website after the countdown. I guess it was just for the C2E2 annoucement.

**Nvm. I just found www.battlebeast.com I guess the countdown was for C2E2 after all.

Edited by Onyxiaphil, 13 April 2012 - 04:55 AM.

#88 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Clear red? Ugh.

#89 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

The first Clear Red 'Vorin' figure has already been sold on Ebay for $100.
It was only up for a few hours or even less, guess it came fresh from C2E2.
There are still some poster up of this new line as well from the same seller.

Battle Beasts C2E2 Poster

There's another one out there (or the $100 is relisted!?) for the people who'd be interested;

Exclusive C2E2 Battle Beast

Looking at the figure and these prices $100-$125..............
Were are we going!? If this is a figure that's supposed to be a trigger, I'd say DST is out already.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#90 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

The first one actually sold for an offer of $65. Not bad to the guy who probably picked up a handful of them for free at the convention. This same thing happened with the exclusives last year. Give it a few days after the show ends and these will settle at about $20-25 like all the rest did.
-Barry

#91 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Give it a few days after the show ends and these will settle at about $20-25 like all the rest did.
-Barry

What he said.

Here's a gray one.

I wonder how many of the gray's were put out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C2E2-2012-Minimates-Exclusive-BATTLE-BEASTS-VORIN-Ram-Grey-Dmnd-Rtlr-Smt-VHTF-/130680419940?

#92 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Sorry the countdown was a letdown for people. I thought the comic book announcement, a new promo figure, the ashcan comic giveaway, a new website (which WAS actually live a day early, due to a scheduling issue) AND an announcement of Series 1 with release date was worth a countdown. But I guess it just felt like more because I was helping make sure it all happened by the time the clock hit zero.

Also sorry you guys still aren't digging Minimates. I really think once you have them in your hands you'll enjoy the heck out of them. We did clear red for this promo because there wasn't time to do a painted version, and because we thought it would look cool. (See pic below, by youbastards over at the MMMV.) The grey version was to more clearly present the line concept to retailers attending the summit. But there will be new painted Beasts soon enough. Anyone attending the Minimates panel at C2E2 tomorrow will see some cool stuff. (No photos allowed, unfortunately.)

Posted Image

#93 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for this picture. This figure looks great. Like I already said I like your Battle Beasts Minimates a lot and even more now with the new direction you have chosen. This was the best thing you could make and I'm sure the line will be a success. The news has already invade the network. The collaboration with IDW is a hit too. I can't wait to read the whole story. I will try to get the new promos to review them on my french blog. But "no photos allowed"! Please no! How can we who lived oversea see the news if there is no photos.

#94 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for this picture. This figure looks great. Like I already said I like your Battle Beasts Minimates a lot and even more now with the new direction you have chosen. This was the best thing you could make and I'm sure the line will be a success. The news has already invade the network. The collaboration with IDW is a hit too. I can't wait to read the whole story. I will try to get the new promos to review them on my french blog. But "no photos allowed"! Please no! How can we who lived oversea see the news if there is no photos.

The promos should be on their way to you, lord. But the panel pics are still very early, and we don't want people rushing to judge us too quickly on them. When they're ready for wide dissemination, we'll send them out to everybody.

#95 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

The no photos rule is pretty standard for the earlier shows in the year. It's the same thing every year with the Hasbro panel at Botcon because they're going to be reusing the same powerpoint presentation at SDCC. I'd imagine that this is the case here as well.
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#96 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

The no photos rule is pretty standard for the earlier shows in the year. It's the same thing every year with the Hasbro panel at Botcon because they're going to be reusing the same powerpoint presentation at SDCC. I'd imagine that this is the case here as well.

No, I'll probably make an all new one for SDCC. In three months we'll have a lot more stuff, including all of BB Series 1, and half of the stuff in this slideshow will be out. In addition to BB, there are other things I don't want shot from other lines.

#97 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

As long as we get the whole series 1 this year I would be happy. I can wait 3 months before seing them. I have hoped for such a release for years so a ocuple of months in nothing. So a toy line then a comics. And next ? A cartoon, a movie, ...

#98 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

DSTzach..as someone that , generally speaking, bases my action figure purchases upon whether or not the figure in question has adequate articulation i want to say kudos to DST for these minimate Battle Beasts. They aren't exactly what i wanted from a Battle Beasts line but the fact that they allow for dynamic posing makes the drawbacks easier to stomach.

Not that i expect these suggested changes to take place but ..
* sculpted thighs would go a long way for me as a customer. A great example of this is Mega Bloks Marvel character assortment. The figures are cute and look closer to a "normal" figure than a lego or minimate figure. The Battle Beasts pictured above would benefit from having sculpted thighs

* DST utilizing a rounded torso for slip on sculpted chest pieces as opposed to the minimate square torso. This would reduce the chest bulk. The chest bulk and bulk in general of the gator minimate is precisely why i dont own one (the primary reason). A slightly sleeker profile would help.

The Ram above is a nice figure but it looks like, well, a custom made figure . I suppose in a manner of speaking it is considering it's built on a blank canvas minimate base. Ill be picking up one BB figure to see if the desire to customize one to reduce what i perceive as flaws might help but i would have bought many more without hesitation if the above issues had been addressed.

I'll be buying the comic no matter what though. HANDS DOWN.

Nice work DST and Zach :)
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#99 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

Love Battle Beasts, love Minimates, can't wait to see the rest of what's in store!
-Barry

#100 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

That figure is awesome!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com