2 replies to this topic

#1 jeditoonfox

jeditoonfox

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:03 AM

Hey everyone! I'm looking for Munch Bunch pencil toppers. These have been in circulation from the early 1970s through the '80s (at least) and come in a wide variety of different styles. For those who aren't familiar with them, they are plastic figures about an inch and a half tall, and look like different fruits and vegetables with faces, arms, legs and sometimes hats. There are different variations too; some have removable hats, some have green vegetation for 'hair', some have molded-on hats, short legs, long legs, etc.

I'm trying to find one in particular; a dark brown pineapple (see lower right of attached pic) with medium short legs and green vegetation on top (though I'd be happy with the removable hat as well). This one was made in the early '70s and is dark brown rather than the greenish brown variety that I often see, and is made in Hong Kong.

This is not a fancy collectible by any means. These figures are cheap, mass-produced pencil toppers. Some people collect them and ask astronomical prices, while others see them for what they are and charge accordingly. 

I'm not a collector; just a child of the '70s trying to find a toy I used to have that has some fond memories attached to it. If anyone has this item, or can find one for a reasonable price, contact me and we can work out a deal. (These exist on ebay for insane prices, but I won't pay an arm and a leg for an inch-tall piece of plastic). 

Thanks for reading!

Attached Files

Edited by jeditoonfox, 20 October 2020 - 02:04 AM.

#2 JB83

JB83

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:43 AM

I've got one for sale:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254552151854

#3 jeditoonfox

jeditoonfox

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:44 PM

I've got one for sale:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254552151854

Nice Apple, and good price! I love all these figures but the only one I really need is the Pineapple. For some reason that one keeps eluding me. But I'll keep at it. Thanks for the post!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vintage, 1970s, pencil toppers

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com