Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Eight Unidentified Japanese Keshis

Best Answer s279 , 12 July 2020 - 05:48 AM

I've managed to identify these now, so thought I'd post my findings in case they cropped up again.  Spotted them in a Jauce Auction lot where they were identified as Battle Fever J (a Super Sentai TV series), which would put them at 1979/80 (which fits in with them being Popy too).

Looks like it's a set of 18 (according to the auction listing anyway)

Managed to identify all the characters from this great resource site for the show: https://www.grnrngr....on/battlefeverj

And this is who I've got:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 s279

s279

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:09 AM

Recently picked up these guys mixed in with some mini Ultraman Keshis and wondering if anyone recognises any of them?

Most seem to have copyright stamps, but they're really unclear and Japanese. 

Guessing that the translucent robot is probably a Gundam?

D,E,G and H all have a "P" in a circle under their foot, so I guess they go together?

Attached File  Unidentified.jpg   74.67K   39 downloads

Edited by s279, 02 May 2020 - 07:15 AM.

#2 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:04 AM

B is a Guntank from Gundam.

C also appears to be a Gundam of some designation.

Thank you

#3 s279

s279

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:15 AM

Perfect, thankyou.

There was some katakana underneath B that I was trying to read, but with it being small and a bit worn it was hard to make out the characters.  But now you've said Guntank, it's definitely ガンタンク  (gantanku) I had the middle タ down as another ク and nothing was coming up in searches for gankunku!

Edited by s279, 02 May 2020 - 11:22 AM.

#4 Amass.Horde.Repeat

Amass.Horde.Repeat

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Keshi, M.U.S.C.L.E, Gegege no kitaro, Dr.Slump, monsters, ghouls, goblins, star wars and the list goes on

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:12 AM

The P in the circle is the symbol for Popy, a manufacturer that was owned by Bandai. A lot of early keshi have a P on the back, also the B logo is for Bandai

#5 s279

s279

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:23 PM

Thanks, I was wondering if that was the case - unfortunately doesn't help narrow them down too much, but at least it dates them to pre-1983.

Gonna have to dig out a magnifying glass and identify that kanji!

#6 Amass.Horde.Repeat

Amass.Horde.Repeat

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Keshi, M.U.S.C.L.E, Gegege no kitaro, Dr.Slump, monsters, ghouls, goblins, star wars and the list goes on

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

H- May be Shinkaioh from the Japanese Spider Man series

#7 s279

s279

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:13 PM

Dug out the magnifying glass, and I think that D, E, G and H all have 東映 on them which is Toei Company, along with the circled P for Popy.

So I think that must mean that they're from a Toei TV show before Popy merged with Bandai (1983)???

I wouldn't be surprised if A and F go with them too, as they all came together and look as though they belong, but they have no markings on at all that I can see (that said, the other ones are hard to read due to being worn down, but looking at them all together I'm pretty sure they're Toei which would make sense).

Just trawling through Wikipedia's page on Toei now, looking up each show hoping at least one of these guys reveals themself, but just wondered if adding Toei to the mix helped anyone here recognise them?

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:14 PM

Would make sense, they certainly look like toku villains, but I don’t recognize them offhand. The ammonite-looking one seems familiar, might have been identified on the forum before?

#9 s279

s279

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:48 AM   Best Answer

I've managed to identify these now, so thought I'd post my findings in case they cropped up again.  Spotted them in a Jauce Auction lot where they were identified as Battle Fever J (a Super Sentai TV series), which would put them at 1979/80 (which fits in with them being Popy too).

Looks like it's a set of 18 (according to the auction listing anyway)

Managed to identify all the characters from this great resource site for the show: https://www.grnrngr....on/battlefeverj

And this is who I've got:

Attached File  BattleFeverJ.png   1.48MB   8 downloads

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com