222 replies to this topic

#76 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:43 AM

One problem is that you had very little emotional response.

The Ulalalala's! should've been actually yelled, not just spoken. Ramenman's "sneaky" voice worked, as it was much like that in the second gen 'toons.

The only thing you didn't need any "changeup" on was Warsman, other than stripping any fake accents you used. It sounded like you were trying to mimick a chinese/japanese/asian accent, and you should drop that and just use the same amount of effect as you did for 'version three' of the sample. I think that effect coupled with clear dialog will work just fine for Warsman.

Attached Files

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#77 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:05 AM

I downloaded the Orgg's mp3's and thought they were great.

I am going to try and get a few voices recorded in the next couple days.
Not for any certain charcters. I will leave that up you guys.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#78 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:22 AM

Here's a quick back and forth (no major editing yet) between the Seigi Chojin from Movie 6. It should help a few folks with their tryouts. If you need a refresher on what these guys sounded like in UM feel free to ask and I'll try getting a few sound bites up from the show.

A quick setup for the scene in question:

The Seigi Chojin are gathered befor a ball game in Yankee Stadium being cheered on by all the fans as thanks for saving the earth.(My translator says this should have happened after the Failed invasion of Posieden/Neptune King's henchmen in the Dream Tag Saga. But they don't really say.We can change that if we want ^^)

Ramenman: It is a true honor to have such festivities held in our names.

Brocken Jr: Indeed, heir Ramenman. But, I vonder vhy, Kinnikuman hasn't shown up yet?
(a bunch of Fan girls cheer for the Seigi Chojins)
Ezpecially viz all ze' pretty fraulines about, no?

Terryman- Oh, y'all know how ol',Suguru can be. He prolly just over slept or sumthin'. Heh, heh, you'll see. He's gonna be kickin' himself fer months if he misses out on all o' this.
(fans cry out for Kinnikuman)
That remin's me, I reckon we should start callin' him King Muscle now instead of Kinnikuman. Whaddya think, Robin?

Robin Mask- Shorry if I don't share your shentimentsh, Terryman. But I acknowledge no man ash a King unlesh he's been officially crowned as one.

Terryman- Awww, lighten' up Robin. Your actin like yer best cow's milk went sour. There's no need to be such a stick in the mud on a night like this.

Sosumi- Terryman is correct, Robin.

Beetlebomb- Right, you should try to enjoy your time in the lime light a little more, Robin. You've earned it.

Robin Mask-....... hmmm....

Well thats what I got so far. I have more from select scenes but I have to make sense of it and maybe add some kind of dialect to them as a guide for those reading.
Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#79 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:19 PM

One problem is that you had very little emotional response.

The Ulalalala's! should've been actually yelled, not just spoken.  Ramenman's "sneaky" voice worked, as it was much like that in the second gen 'toons.

The only thing you didn't need any "changeup" on was Warsman, other than stripping any fake accents you used.  It sounded like you were trying to mimick a chinese/japanese/asian accent, and you should drop that and just use the same amount of effect as you did for 'version three' of the sample.  I think that effect coupled with clear dialog will work just fine for Warsman.

Well, most of the Urararas were shouted, but seeing as how I've been doing other voices loudly (and that throuty Akuma Shogun voice), you can see what I mean. Also, I had to close my ears to adjust my voices. I only had one hand for each ear, and nothing to hold up the microphone. :(
And I wasn't trying to do an accent with Warsman. Just trying to do a low toned voice. I'm glad you liked the Ramenman voice, though I don't know what you mean by "sneaky".

And I'll try that script tomorrow, even try Brocken (somebody at college said I can do a German accent when I was trying to do a Scottish one. :woot: )

Edited by Frobman, 05 April 2006 - 12:22 PM.

#80 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:50 PM

Close your ears? Uhm... o...k...

As for the scrypt, Ah'm on it!

Also, should we ask Jonny for a private forum for this project?

Also Also, should we promote this to people whom might not otherwise see it?

EDIT--My lines:

http://rapidshare.de...Terry1.zip.html

I couldn't figure out the best take for the "stick in the mud" line, so I just normalized it a bit and kept all three takes. The third seems to be best, but it might not fit. That's for the director, though.

Edited by theorgg, 05 April 2006 - 01:11 PM.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#81 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:22 PM

Once we get a set cast and scrypt we can go for a private forum but for now seeing as we still need recruites I'd prefer to keep this as available to the public community as possible.

I see no problem w/ promoting this to others outside the Akia community. Still a bit to early to mention anything about a Fan dubbed episode of Kinnikuman w/o the actual finished product. But if you meant in regards to getting others to maybe help us with the effort then I say, make it so.

EDIT-

Just checked out Theorggs latest Terryman reads. You've got the right attitude and emphasis on the dialogue. However some phrases do get lost in the reads. This can be easily remedied by either slowing down your pace on some of the sentences or its simply a sound quality issue in which case the final reads wont have that problem ^^. Other than that I think you nailed the Terryman persona once again.

Edited by Sooperkreep, 05 April 2006 - 01:32 PM.

-Checkmate

#82 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:49 PM

What was lost?

I just spoke the lines as I'd normally say 'em. You're hearing my voice flat-- no attempt at anything. I just read the lines.

Anything specific?

#83 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:02 PM

@ theorgg-

"Stick in the mud"line came in low and was read through a little fast. I noticed the same thing when you come close to ending your sentance in the 1st Terryman line. Again its tuff for me to figure if it's the sound bite itself or the read.

It's a small detail one way or the other one that will be fixed when you get a full read thats both been timed to the animation and paced w/ the other V.A.'s
Remeber this is a dry run to see if you can sound like a good Terryman and the most important aspects of that are the attitude and the accent. Which I believe you nailed both with these reads.

-Checkmate

#84 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:46 PM

Here is a quick take I did.

It's in wave format and it was my first try. Baby got upset after this and didn't have time to give it another try.

Will try again later tonight or tomorrow.

http://rapidshare.de...5/haha.wav.html
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#85 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 04:14 PM

VERY well done, Adamantiumwulf!

You hit like half of these characters' UM versions dead on! Terryman sounded more like a coleminer. But that particular Voice may work well for Skullduggery or even the US version of Mac Metaphor(there are American Counterparts of Doc and Mac in Movie 6^^).

Honestly Brocken sounded awesome, Ramenman awesome, Robin Mask AWESOME! Sosumi and Beetlebomb cut out on me but from what I could hear from Sosumi sounded danm close to what I was imagining for the charcter.

I think between You, Frobman, and Theorgg we may have our entire Seigi Chojin cast or if you like for the Dub "Justice Chojin". :woot:

-Checkmate

#86 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

@ theorgg-

"Stick in the mud"line came in low and was read through a little fast. I noticed the same thing when you come close to ending your sentance in the 1st Terryman line. Again its tuff for me to figure if it's the sound bite itself or the read.

It's a small detail one way or the other one that will be fixed when you get a full read thats both been timed to the animation and paced w/ the other V.A.'s
Remeber this is a dry run to see if you can sound like a good Terryman and the most important aspects of that are the attitude and the accent. Which I believe you nailed both with these reads.

:woot:

The third take of 'stick in the mud' is as clear as you're going to get ANY southerner to say it. "stick in a'mud" is southern. "snakes in a plane" sounds the same as "snakes in the plane."-- "Snakes inna plane!"

Timing and Pacing ain't my forte-- that's the audio editor's job. I'll snip out the screwups and give you the best submission I can (unless it's difficult to say, such as the three takes of "stick in the mud" that might fit or not), but pacing and timing are just time shifting problems. (pitch/time shift, with 'pitch' setting off)

Oh, wait... Dry run? Argh. Looks like that hard work an' hours's worth of editing down the drain... Heh.

#87 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

Here is a quick take I did.

It's in wave format and it was my first try. Baby got upset after this and didn't have time to give it another try.

Will try again later tonight or tomorrow.

http://rapidshare.de...5/haha.wav.html

Again, I'm going to be critical, as constructive critisism can make a project more concrete. If I just come across as a tactless :woot:, please tell me.

Ramenman was excellent.

Brocken Junior was acceptable

Robin was PERFECT.

Sosumi sounded like Ramenman, or at least the bit I heard. So it goes.

Terryman... sounded forced and stoned. Being a southerner, of course, it was easy to tell it was a faked accent, but even taking away that, the character seemed, well, ninty. It sounded like the old hound dog in the Disney movie The Fox and Hound. There ~MAY~ be a use for it, but I don't think it works for anyone with more than half a dozen lines.

#88 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:16 AM

No tactlessness detected hehe.

In order to make this work anyone who offers the voice is going to need to work a bit. No one will get it right the first try.

I am going to try and get another try or two down tonight or tomorrow with some different voices and maybe some more of the same.

#89 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

I've been keeping an eye on this topic, and it sounds kind of interesting. How do I get in on this? I talk to myself alot when I'm alone, so in my ring of subconcious persona's I'm known as the man with a million voices. I've never seen any of the Kinnikuman series, and only a few Ultimate Mucsle episodes, so I have no Idea of how the voice actors depicted the characters voices.

Posted Image

#90 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:59 PM

That's fine. We're not trying to be perfect, just to find a suitable voice for characters.

#91 Maz Medias

Maz Medias

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:46 PM

Reporting for duty. Let me read over and whatnot and I'll see if I can get a clip together tonight.

#92 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:18 PM

Well, there's a small scene translated. Right now, we're trying to get several people whom can do several different voices.

Basically, if you don't know anything about the characters, give a bunch of examples of how you sound, MP3-it, and post it via rapidshare.de

I described a few of the stereotypes in the post that lead you here, Maz.

#93 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:11 AM

Sorry this is a LONG post:

Here are a few lines of exchange between Akuma Shogun, Kinnikuman, Meat, Mayumi, Vance McMadd, Mac Metaphor and Doc Nakano from Movie 6.

Akuma Shogun: Interesting...

(Suguru trembling in pain struggles to stand up. Moments ago he was hit with the Calf Brander.)

Suguru: Hu..uhn? Wh-what are you blubbering about now, Shogun?!

Akuma Shogun: Not only do I have the powers of all the Seigi Chojin, Kinnikuman. I also have access to all their memories and they tell me you are soon to be crowned king!

(Shogun moves faster than eyes can register him. He lifts Suguru up on to his shoulders.)

Akuma Shogun/Robin Mask (in tandem): Tower Bridge!!!

Suguru: Uwwhaaaaa!!!!

Mac Metaphor: Ooh! The Shogun tortures, Kinnikuman with a terrorizing Tower Bridge!

Doc Nakano: You said it, Mac. That’s a Mask Family signature move, usually leading to a painfully gruesome end for their opponents, and high chiropractic bills for months. Things aren’t looking so good for the would- be- King of Muscle Planet.

Meat: Be strong, Prince!

Mayumi Muscle: Hang in there, Suguru!!!

Vance McMadd: What are ya' senile as well as stupid? The kid's had it, he's through.

Mayumi Muscle: Shut it, you old nag! What would you know about it anyway?!

Vance McMadd: Old Nag?! Why you old, hairball!!

Mayumi Muscle: Hairball?! That's it!!

(Mayumi and Vance jump on each other creating a big dust cloud and continue the cursing.)

Mayumi Muscle: Give it up Vance I'm younger than you are!

Vance McMadd: You wish!!

Meat: Will you two quit it?! The Prince is in really deep trouble!

(Back in the ring)
Akuma Shogun: Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha! To think, I returned from beyond the void to exact my revenge on a warrior...

(Shogun Launches Suguru into the air ...)

But instead I will have conquered a King!!!

(leaps after Suguru)

Meat: Oh no, that's...!

Mayumi: huh?!

Vance :
whu?!

Doc & Mac: ahhhhg!

Akuma Shogun: Hell's Guillotine!!!!!

EDIT: I don't know the actual perfect translation for Shogun's finisher so I went with the PS2's translation of it. If the true name for it is better or the same let me know. - SK :huh:

EDIT #2: Thanks again Frobman info like that is always a big help! (I KNEW the PS2 Translation seemed rushed and incorrect!)

Edited by Sooperkreep, 10 April 2006 - 09:27 PM.

-Checkmate

#94 FATty ACid

FATty ACid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:08 PM

I may be able to help do some voicing...

Can anyone give me an idea of the unfilled spots' personalities so I could figure out how I should sound for them?

#95 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:06 PM

Does anybody have any sound bites of the Japanese voices for each character, or can they get them, and if so can they post them here?

Posted Image

#96 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:21 PM

http://www.youtube.c...e=search_videos here are some video clips from Kinnikuman Generations of the PS2 in Japanese. I'll use the voice clips from the character theme songs I got and put 'em together sometime tomorrow. You can also pick up some character traits like Ramenman's "Achiaaa" attacking grunt and Ashuraman's "Ka-Kakaka!" laugh, which I've tried to do.

Also, Akuma Shogun's super move is called Hell's Guilletine. Meat refers Kinnikuman as Prince [Ouji-san], and King Mayumi always calls him Suguru.

#97 FATty ACid

FATty ACid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:38 PM

Another thing is any body that has sound mixing experience may need to re create or remix some of the background music.  It will be necessary to remove the full audio tracks at some points in the anime when our voice's over lap the existing audio, which will happen a lot.

Depends on what sorts of music you're looking at... I deal with lots of electronic music and have several good music-making programs.

pre-post edit: upon seeing the youtube vids... If I'm going to be making music, I can garuntee you it won't be that happy. =/

Frobman,

Record a voice saying a sentance into MSsound Recorder.  Not any fancy program-- Sound Recorder.

Then save it, and note how long it is.  Then use the "Increase speed 100%" action about ten times, or until the sound is about .5 seconds long (for a full sentance).  Then use the opposite "Decrease Speed" until it's back to the right speed.  Play it.  Nice and robotic, eh?  If it doesn't sound right then, try decreasing it one more time.  That might be what you want.

Good Idea?

Using some of the programs I've got, I can do a really really good robotic voice... Several of them, actually, male, female, all sorts of pitch controls to make it sound semi-natural, whatever you want.

#98 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:13 PM

You could tell me the name of the program or I send you the voice clips to edit, seeing as how Warsman is the only decent voice I have, and I'd rather keep the role if all others that I've done are taken.

#99 FATty ACid

FATty ACid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

The free one is called Audacity. It might take a little screwing around to figure it out, but yeah. It can make just about anyone have the voice for anything. :kid:

#100 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:33 PM

I would love to do a voice, but I'm UBER shy and have a hard time recording myself for voice clips. XD;

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com