3 replies to this topic

#1 Gomess

Gomess

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 11:42 AM

Hello folks, I work as a Japanese-English translator and my favourite way of keeping sharp is to translate cute little pop culture artifacts like fandom magazine articles, video game manuals, and the like.

I picked up some Beastformers second-hand as a kid, but I had no idea they all had individual profile cards, or that there were magazines and catalogues with whole continuous story arcs. That's just my kind of stuff!

So, I was wondering if anyone here could direct me to scans or transcriptions of these JP materials, or if a translation project is already underway - I've seen a couple of fan translated Laser Beast profiles which looked excellent - I'd love to get involved.

Hoping I posted this in the right place (it's been a long time since I used a forum),

Cheers!

#2 MrJosephKennedy

MrJosephKennedy

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Beast Saga, Battle Beasts / Beastformers, MP Transformers, Diaclone, G.I. Joe, M.U.S.C.L.E Men, gatcha & claw games, Gundam, Macross, Metal Slug, Mega Man

Posted 08 February 2021 - 12:03 AM

Sure! I can scan some of the books and magazines from Takara Tomy I have.

I’m also working on a translation of the Beast Saga game: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=270086

#3 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 08 February 2021 - 10:44 AM

Hello folks, I work as a Japanese-English translator and my favourite way of keeping sharp is to translate cute little pop culture artifacts like fandom magazine articles, video game manuals, and the like.

I picked up some Beastformers second-hand as a kid, but I had no idea they all had individual profile cards, or that there were magazines and catalogues with whole continuous story arcs. That's just my kind of stuff!

So, I was wondering if anyone here could direct me to scans or transcriptions of these JP materials, or if a translation project is already underway - I've seen a couple of fan translated Laser Beast profiles which looked excellent - I'd love to get involved.

Hoping I posted this in the right place (it's been a long time since I used a forum),

Cheers!

I am currently 6 Pages away from finishing the Translation of the Beasformers Book. I would not mind bouncing the Country Names off of you. 

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#4 Gomess

Gomess

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 07:58 AM

Great, I'm happy to help! Bounce away!

I haven't been able to find many of the profile cards online, but I've translated those I have, and would like to do more so I can put them up somewhere for folks who are curious.

I notice the Transformers Wiki has some info from the profiles in their articles on the Beastformer characters, but I'd like to get it out there in the same format as the cards, rather than rewriting it with my own sense of humour, if you see what I mean.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com