4 replies to this topic

#1 YodaOnNos

YodaOnNos

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

]Picked these up in a mixed 80's toy collection. They're not transformers, but the following parts are removable: head, arms, torso, legs, backpack, and weapons. Can anyone tell me who made them, did they come out of gumball machines? What are they worth?

Thanks,

Armand

Update: There's also this gray non transforming robot as well to the far right.

Posted Image

Edited by YodaOnNos, 17 February 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#2 DrBo

DrBo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

The Mecha design are from Dougram.
Posted Image
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dougram

Original design are from the Anime Fang of the Sun Dougram. In the US and Europe the same design have been marketed as Robotech Defenders by Revell (no link to the Anime of the same name) based on Takara model kits from Dougram. Takara, original japaense makers of the Tranformers, made a bunch of toys based on these.

If I remeber well some design also have been vampirised in the first editions of Battletech.
EDIT: Yep, they were (from Wikipedia): In the mid-1980s, American gaming company FASA Corporation used the vehicle designs of the show for its Battletech miniature wargame and role-playing game. The first edition, then named BattleDroids, actually included two Japanese 1/144 model kits from Dougram. FASA was later sued by Playmates Toys and Harmony Gold USA for using designs from Macross (for example, Valkyrie fighters renamed Stinger, Wasp and Phoenix Hawk). The lawsuit was settled, and as a result post-lawsuit Battletech products no longer feature the designs taken from Macross. However in the years since, the designs from Macross, Dougram and Crusher Joe have since been re-introduced, Albeit with completely original artwork. The Dougram tabletop battling game also came out in 1984, the same year Battletech (Battledroids) was released in America.

Those are likely k-o from gumball machine or candy counter surprise bags. I remember having some as a kid (or very similar ones), they came in blind bags.

Edited by DrBo, 18 February 2013 - 07:45 AM.

- Dr Bo,
Man of Kitsch, robot and glamour

Ebay user: bdbonhomme

#3 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

I still have something similar, all vending machine toys. Attached File  HPIM2044 - Copy (640x477).jpg   217.78K   42 downloads
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#4 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

These are the figures I came back to try to ID.

#5 PuertoricanLion

PuertoricanLion

All hail Lord MEGATRON !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast / Transformers G1/Vintage Gi jo.And wierd monster

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

Omg iv been looking for these forever .The were sold in PR in brow envelope with candy .

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com