Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Japanese translator for Kinnikuman manga?

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#176 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

No worries. TeamKinniku has two hanging chads right now... the Ramenman fight and the Roots Island fight.

I think Roots Island is worth the wait, though. That Kunta, what a great distress girl.

After the Ramenman fight is a really long and boring match between Terryman and Robin Mask, which I'm not looking forward to.
Posted Image

#177 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:23 AM

Isn't that the one where Skullduggery tries to assassinate Kinnikuman and accidentally assassinates Terryman's knee?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#178 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, that happens after the Ramenman fight. (and yes, Roots Island is just so epic...for a kaijuu arc story :()

BTW: Sorry for the dissapearance: sort of lost track of things with how my life's been the last couple weeks...it's back on track...but sadly Kinnikuman has to wait now cause I'm back doing Bo-bobo! But I will keep you up to date and sort of hope once I get through what's left of Bo-bobo, I'll just get to vol. 4 and beyond.

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#179 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:44 AM

How much of Bobobobobobobo (err...) is left, and could you maybe try for one chapter of Kinn a month in the interrim? That's about what TW did at their median-speed.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#180 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

How much of Bobobobobobobo (err...) is left?

http://en.wikipedia...._manga_chapters

He's at 168.

Anyhow, it's good to have you around Ataru, even if you're not translating at the moment. Your random comments about it are always interesting to read.
Posted Image

#181 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:29 AM

U-ugh.. I'm so tired of doing SFX.. XD;; I'm wonder if after volume 2 I should stop..

#182 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

Well, if you don't enjoy them... noone's forcing you to do them. For some reason I thought you enjoyed it.

(though stopping halfway through a chapter would be a bit... odd.)

#183 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

I was for a while, now it's like.. Man, that's a lot of editing. I won't stop though until I finish chapter 23 and 27 though.

#184 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

Stecase King: Actually I'm at 169 of the original. (trust me: Sambaman appeared at the end of the last chapter...and it's probably one day after your comment)

Knuxie: Regarding SFX...I've been experimenting here and there about whether or not to use them. I do it cause I say "if it's written, it needs to be there". But since someones been scanslating Chagecha with my scripts without SFX, I decided not to use them with that series. If you want me to stop them with Kinnikuman too, I"ll do it.

theorgg: I'll try to start doing Kinnikuman on the weekends again but I'm trying to concentrate so I get through the original Bo-bobo. Once through that, I"ll be doing Shinsetsu on weekends and be more active on weekdays with Kinnikuman again.

Posted Image

#185 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:30 AM

That reminds me, I've still got four chapters I've been putting off, don't I? I'd better get to work on those...

Kinnikuman chapter 38: That chapter where Terryman's leg gets shot.

http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=KZRRCZGF

I must say, it's amazing how quickly the series can go from Kinnikuman pooping his pants to Kinnikuman being awesome to Terryman struggling with his injuries in a single chapter.

...and did we really NEED to see Meat washing Kinnikuman's dirty pants on Baba's chest like that?

Edited by fuzzbuster, 25 January 2012 - 06:27 AM.

Posted Image

#186 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:41 AM

Waah. Terryman. Oh no, the next chapter is where he punches Natsuko in the gut. What a loving couple. <3

Finally finished chapter 27. I'll start working on chapter 23 soon. And then 25, since I totally forgot about that one.

http://www.mediafire...kxi/Kin0227.zip

Edit: Also, Tosh, what's the name of the fontface you use?

Edited by KnuxieChan, 12 October 2008 - 09:26 AM.

#187 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

Waah. Terryman. Oh no, the next chapter is where he punches Natsuko in the gut. What a loving couple. <3

Finally finished chapter 27. I'll start working on chapter 23 soon. And then 25, since I totally forgot about that one.

http://www.mediafire...kxi/Kin0227.zip

Edit: Also, Tosh, what's the name of the fontface you use?

Cooper std, although I plan to switch to a more standard font after the first Chojin Olympics.

EDIT: I'd also like to take a second to thank Knuxie, Orgg, and most importantly, Ataru. After several long years, volume 2 is finally completely released.

Edited by Stecase King, 12 October 2008 - 09:44 AM.

Posted Image

#188 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:58 PM

EDIT: I'd also like to take a second to thank Knuxie, Orgg, and most importantly, Ataru. After several long years, volume 2 is finally completely released.

Thanks for the thanks. Well outside the short bit after the America arc (which will probably be the next major arc I do after I get restarted and through the remaining Choujin Olympic chapters at the start of vol. 4), there really too much further Kaijuu storyline. Somehow the arc was a great bit of parody with weird moments here or there and definately shows more of the story most don't realize outside "they're wrestlers who fight to save the universe from other wrestlers". Somehow though I had a weird comparison to a more recent Jump series even if it's not as strong as them: If Choujin = Shinigami, Kaijuu = Hollows. (though somehow that makes me imagine the Akuma Choujin and Perfect Choujin as the Arrancar :lol:)

Posted Image

#189 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:12 AM

Finished 23 and working on 25 now!

#190 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hey Ataru, just to confirm, "Terry" is your personal shorthand and not what the characters call him, right?

Chapter 39: I bet this chapter wasn't nearly as cliche back in 1980.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=AF9WLQ8C

One thing I like about this series is how it doesn't let cliffhangers last for weeks at a time. Last time, Terryman was shot; this week we find out the effects of that. It seems like a lot of modern Shonen suffer from too much foreshadowing, so it's difficult to enjoy what's going on because you're too busy worrying about the various loose ends that haven't been resolved yet. Can you imagine how much of a chore Kinnikuman vs. Ramenman would have been to read if Terryman were shot before the match, and they didn't show him again until afterward? It would have been like "That's nice, now hurry up and show us if Terryman is alright!". For that matter, all of Kinnikuman's arcs are more-or-less self contained. There's no mention of the American circuit right now, Buffaloman didn't pop up during the second Chojin Olympics, and there are no random off-hand comments about the hospital fire in chapter 3. It's very good at keeping the reader interested in what's going on now, instead of worrying about the future.

I bring this up because it seems like every week whenever a new chapter of a random manga comes out, half of the comments on it are "This storyline isn't bad, but I hope it finishes up soon so that we can see _____".

EDIT:

Chapter 40: Terryman disgraces America
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=HTO1WGV9
Once again, it's a real shame Toriyama's World skipped these chapters. This chapter really fleshes out Terryman's character a lot. (I believe it's followed up during the American Tour arc, too) It also explains why Robin Mask is suddenly so pissed off when he fights Kinnikuman in the finals.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 25 January 2012 - 06:27 AM.

Posted Image

#191 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:25 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I don't like to put more than two update in a single post.

Chapter 41: Kinnikuman is a douche.

http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=O6JTK6BT

Although I just said something similar a few days ago, thanks to everyone who made volume 3 possible. Thanks to Knuxie for the SFX stuff, and putting the site together. Thanks to TheOrgg for doing Root Islands, as I'd have gone nuts if I had to do any more Kaijuu stories (the jokes are a pain to rework). Most importantly, thanks once again to StrangerAtaru, because it takes a lot of talent to do what you do. Keep working hard on Bobobo.

I hope nobody minds the detailed credits on the last page. There was a blank page with nothing but a picture of Meat on it at the end of the volume, so I decided I might as well put something on it. I normally avoid credit pages, but I figure there was no harm in it this once

Edited by fuzzbuster, 25 January 2012 - 06:28 AM.

Posted Image

#192 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

Okay. Uplaoded all those chapters and the full third volume is up for download! Sorry I haven't gotten around to finishing chapter 25. >__< First week of work and it's taken a lot out of me.

#193 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

Wow, great to finally see vol. 3 done. Sort of wish I could get back to vol. 4 but with Bo-bobo and the other stuff going on, it's really hard for me to do so. However I am getting really far with Bo-bobo: I am four chapters from finally surpassing the anime and essentially have five volumes left of the original. (and since I'll probably do Shinsetsu on weekends, I'll be free to do all Kinnikuman once that's complete)

While I didn't like Terryman/Robin Mask when I translated it, the chapter does build on both characters and their evolution through this arc and their eventual evolution that would come for the rest of the series. For Terry, it's more about just facing his own darkness and starting to pacify the wild nature he had from the beginning when he was shooting Kaijuu for fun and profit. For Robin Mask, we see the honor within him but he's so bound by his decency and sportsmanship he is blinded by it. And Suguru...well, he still has a long way to go.

Edited by SoldierAtaru, 15 October 2008 - 06:24 PM.

Posted Image

#194 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:56 AM

...and Skullduggery's still an aasshole. That doesn't change much, does it?

Even though I did very little, having the third volume now translated really makes me feel like I have a sense of accomplishment...

weird, eh?

#195 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

...and Skullduggery's still an aasshole. That doesn't change much, does it?

Even though I did very little, having the third volume now translated really makes me feel like I have a sense of accomplishment...

weird, eh?

I'm sure you'd have helped a lot more if you could have. Maybe by the time the translations start up again, you'll have more free time.

Speaking of which, we really need to use this down time to unify ourselves a bit. You can tell that the chapters I did and the chapters you did were done by completely different people, and that's not good for the readers. >_<

First of all, either get photoshop or GIMP for Windows. GIMP's a bit less user friendly, but it's free. It has almost all of the features of Photoshop, though. It'll improve your overall image quality.

More importantly, we need to start using the same font. I like CooperSTD myself, because I really think it compliments the art style. I was going to switch to TW's font for the sake of consistency, but it turns out that TW actually switched fonts later in the series, so there's no real consistency to keep. >_> Do you have any thoughts on the matter?

Edited by Stecase King, 16 October 2008 - 04:35 PM.

Posted Image

#196 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

Doesn't matter to me about the font face.

Nrggh, still need to work on chapter 25..

#197 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:59 AM

STD is fine with me...

err...

#198 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

FINALLY finished chapter 25. Sorry it took so long. My new job has me unmotivated to do anything once I get home.

Chapter 25: http://www.mediafire...yan/Kin0225.zip

Which means all of volume 2 is finally up for download!

Volume 2: http://www.mediafire...KinVolume02.zip

#199 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

FINALLY finished chapter 25. Sorry it took so long. My new job has me unmotivated to do anything once I get home.

Chapter 25: http://www.mediafire...yan/Kin0225.zip

Which means all of volume 2 is finally up for download!

Volume 2: http://www.mediafire...KinVolume02.zip

Good work, as always.

Btw, if you get a chance, drop a hit counter on the site. I'm slightly curious as to how many people are reading Kinnikuman. (no hurry, since there won't be any new chapters for a few months) I doubt there are many, but it would be nice to know.
Posted Image

#200 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:45 PM

Btw, if you get a chance, drop a hit counter on the site. I'm slightly curious as to how many people are reading Kinnikuman. (no hurry, since there won't be any new chapters for a few months) I doubt there are many, but it would be nice to know.

Well, you can count me amongst those who are reading it. I suppose this is VERY delayed, but I greatly appreciate the work that all of you have put into these releases. And I know I'm not the only one. ;)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com