12 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

Figured I'd ask if anybody here plays Wizkids Pirates CSG. One of my other internet activities is actively trading these little boats and moderating a site for them. Does anybody have any they want to get rid of or any they need to get ahold of etc etc....

#2 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:toys, computers, games, reading

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

I collect them! Right now I just have the POTC ships. Haven't ventured into the other Pirate ships yet. Still trying to finish the POTC first. I love old ships, I love mini's, so these fill both my collecting needs! lol

Haven't taken the time to learn the game either yet. Have the starter pack, but haven't really read through it.

Selling on Ebay as Kinnikumart

Check out my Ebay Auctions
HERE

My Store is now Closed!
Selling on Ebay and here on the Forum too!. Pm me or email me.

#3 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

I don't collect and the game didn't take off where I was at, but the game itself is excellently designed, curtesy of James Ernest of Cheapass Games. Matter of fact, it was so well recieved that he quit his Cheapass position and started just licensing rules out to companies. Kinda saddens me, but good for him.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#4 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

well NECA just picked up the rights to wizkids properties so we may see some more Pirates. They just announced the new heroclix line from NECA. anyways Sherrie I have a "boat"load of these things. Do you have intrest in more or additional variety? The carribbian set was one of the worst for a few reasons. The first being the rarity dispersal. Its all of one rarity in one pack. All rare or all common etc. My luck has only drawn common packs. I have traded for most the rest. The second reason is you're missing out on multiple game mechanics in the carribean set. Plus theres only two factions. IN the other Pirates sets theres quite a few. Theres also nautalis type subs, scorpian ships and giant ten mast junks, to name a few.

#5 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

And Santa Claus, too!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#6 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

I have gotten common to rare in a single pack, so maybe i was lucky. I have only bought 6 packs.

Yes I am interested in other ships, but not subs. Only old ships with lots of sails! lol

More interested in the ships than the game itself, so that doesn't worry me, plus I am also a POTC fan and I collect more than the ships in that area.

Yes I would be interested in more, but at the moment I am really strapped and cannot do any new buys, not even a 1.00. If you still have some to sell next month, let me know and I would be happy to look at them depending on my circumstances.

HERE

My Store is now Closed!

#7 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

I have gotten common to rare in a single pack, so maybe i was lucky. I have only bought 6 packs.

Yes I am interested in other ships, but not subs. Only old ships with lots of sails! lol

More interested in the ships than the game itself, so that doesn't worry me, plus I am also a POTC fan and I collect more than the ships in that area.

Yes I would be interested in more, but at the moment I am really strapped and cannot do any new buys, not even a 1.00. If you still have some to sell next month, let me know and I would be happy to look at them depending on my circumstances.

I try not to sell or buy. I like to trade. I'll keep my eyes on your lists as they appear in Got toys. LMK if theres any cards in particular you need to complete the carribian set maybe.

#8 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

If anybody is interested I have tons of doubles for these. I would be willing to cross trade them for what-have-you if at all interested.

Sherrie- I could send a crapload of the carribian expansion your way right now. BTW its one of the few expansions still available at liquidation prices at Target.

#9 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

I know I've bumped the site www.wk-pirates.be/forum in the shout box before and in here. But seriously any one interested in this game should join up. There was some issues with account verification but since I've been moved up from a mod to admin at the site a simple pm to me here will get you on the fast track to an active account there.
I don't know what jkaris deals with here but I get 4 bots a day trying to get on that site. They don't succeed but unfortunatly that makes it harder on the valid people trying to sign up.

#10 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

Did anybody here sign up for this? I suspect Captian Rubber is from here but theres no telling where people get their avatars from.

#11 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

What exactly is this for Omega? A game. I have never played any of these type of games so u have lost me on this one.

HERE

My Store is now Closed!

#12 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

What exactly is this for Omega? A game. I have never played any of these type of games so u have lost me on this one.

You lost me sherrie
You yourself collect these things as you stated earlier in the thread. I would hope you realise they're game pieces....
:blink:

Or are you wondering what the purpose of my Forums are for?
If thats the case, the forums I run are full of pertinant Pirates CSG info. We have a forum for many things just as LRG has multiple forums for its many facets of one hobby.

Currently theres some great Homegrown Pirates fiction in our Story Tellers Forum. One Author in particular has wrote 2 full short books on there and often includes members of the site etc in his stories. He posts them a chapter at a time and is quite fun to read. For example we have a dude named Bloodynipples. I spit whatever I was drinking out my nose when he managed to include "Bloodynipples" as an easter egg in his story. Hes been posting his third installment of the series right now.

We also have a general forum, news on the game forum etc.

Theres an active Trading forum with a reference system like ours here.

The Rules Forum is actively updated and answered by "Woelf" the official former wizkids rules arbitrator (This is priceless with wizkids defunct and baffled new players)

And last but not least we have an amateur design forum where we're currently working on a site exclusive Fan made expansion based on the first of RUSTYHOOK's fanfiction stories, "One Mans Journey"

Once again the site- http://www.wk-pirates.be/forum
and pm me here if you want a fast track to forum activation.

#13 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

Okay, got it. I was thinking that there was an actual game going on through the forum.
Yes, lol, I know it is a game, I just don't play it, yet. Wanting to learn so I can play with my grandson though.
pm coming. Went through the forum once I think, but didn't have time to really go through everything.
Thanks for the info!

HERE

My Store is now Closed!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com