60 replies to this topic

#1 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hi guys I am selling a number of Mail away posters on here and Ebay.
Many people are asking if they are authentic so I am attaching the poster display and original packaging I have.
This is not for sale but hopefully will prove the authenticity and integrity of my posters.
Thanks for looking guys :)

Attached Files

BANNED!

#2 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

2 questions: Where did you get that cardboard poster dispenser? Can we get some more detailed pictures of the dispenser?

Edited by Biffard, 14 October 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#3 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Well there. I never knew they gave them away in stores like that.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#4 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Got it in an auction from an old toy store, pretty cool.
I have three grades of poster for sale, all are mint other than the bottom left corner,
The corners all have some white paper stuck on them which may carefully removed to leave a great minty fresh poster.
A few have some small tares.
I will sell them at:

£20 the best posters with small amount of white paper stuck to them.
£10 for the ones with slightly more stuck white paper.
£7.50 for the torn ones.

All are very small amounts of defects and none of the figure photos are affected.
Postage will be:
£14.99 tracked in a tube.
£9.99 tracked and folded in a envelope.
£9.99 untracked in a tube (Paypal gift only)
£6.99 untracked folded in an envelope (Paypal gift only)

These are selling quick so if you want one let me know ASAP as once they are gone that's it!!!

Thanks guys :)

Edited by wolforrest, 14 October 2013 - 02:01 PM.

BANNED!

#5 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

I recommend you put that poster dispenser up for auction.  Nice piece.

#6 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Wow!!!

I had no idea this even existed. That artwork needs to be on a t-shirt.... Any chance of getting a scan?
Posted Image

#7 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

yeah t-shirt idea is cool, but the art might be too wide, but that is a rare piece indeed.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#8 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Scale to fit bro, scale to fit.
Posted Image

#9 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Not sure how I would scan it as it is pretty big, cheers for the interest guys. Still have some posters left for sale if anyone wants one? Everything has a price and I could be tempted for a sale on the dispenser but from what I have seen it is the only one known to exist so it would have to be a very nice offer indeed to tempt me in to letting it go ;)
BANNED!

#10 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

I may be interested, but could you post some more detailed pics?

#11 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Same as Biffard really. I may be interested in one of the better condition ones, but I need to see a picture if I was going to shell out that kind of money on anything.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#12 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Not sure how I would scan it as it is pretty big, cheers for the interest guys. Still have some posters left for sale if anyone wants one? Everything has a price and I could be tempted for a sale on the dispenser but from what I have seen it is the only one known to exist so it would have to be a very nice offer indeed to tempt me in to letting it go ;)

Get with Jkaris or any Council member about setting up an auction on this site.  I guarantee you'll get a pretty penny for it.  Go ahead and check what the shipping to the U.S. would be too.

Edited by walker13.1, 15 October 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#13 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

It's quite late here now, I will put a photo of one of the better posters up tomorrow.

Cheers.
BANNED!

#14 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

By the way, I am looking for a wrestling ring box which I would trade a couple of posters for in return if anyone has one. You could keep one poster and sell the other! Let me know if anyone has a spare box and is interested.

Thanks W
BANNED!

#15 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

It's quite late here now, I will put a photo of one of the better posters up tomorrow.

Cheers.

I was actually referring to pics of the Dispenser if you could?

#16 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

I was replying to Strontium Dog.
I will put some more pictures up of the dispenser when I get time.
I'm not looking to sell it unless I get a really good offer.
BANNED!

#17 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'm not looking to sell it unless I get a really good offer.

Put the poster up for auction on this sight, and watch the bids go up.  This is the only poster dispenser this sight has seen, so you'll going to get bank on it.  How much, I don't know, but many people to include myself will not make you an offer through private message.  I don't like the idea of "well so and so is offering this, so are you going to top that" talk through private message.  Not saying you would do that, but I don't like "private messaging auctions."  On top of that, you're new to the board here. 

If you set up an auction here:

1.  Set it up to end at a good time.  Don't end it at midnight any standard time.  End it so it makes sense from east coast to west coast U.S.  Most of the bidders will be coming from that area.

2.  Put an anti sniper rule on it.  Say it ends at 6pm EST, and a bidder jumps in at 5:59pm.  To prevent this, you should make a rule like if someone bids in the last 10 minutes of the auction then the auction automatically gets another 10 minutes added to it.

3.  Be sure to post very detailed pictures of the dispenser. 

**If you go ahead and take someone's offer through a private message I guarantee you'll LOSE money.  :yes:

Edited by walker13.1, 15 October 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#18 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

Here's another photo of one of th posters which are going fast so if you do want one act quick. I am still on two minds on what to do with the dispenser as It displays great and I love it. I am taking private messages regarding a possible sale and cannot guarantee I will not sell it if the right offer comes in (it is my prerogative after All).
As for the auction idea, it all seems a bit complicated as I am new to the site and i live in the UK, GMT time zone.
I would hate to put it up and do something wrong so it goes for peanuts.
Thanks again for all the interest guys.

If you are serious about a poster act quick as I am selling them first come first serve and have a lot of interest already.

Many thanks guys :)

Attached Files

BANNED!

#19 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

Here's another photo of one of th posters which are going fast so if you do want one act quick. I am still on two minds on what to do with the dispenser as It displays great and I love it. I am taking private messages regarding a possible sale and cannot guarantee I will not sell it if the right offer comes in (it is my prerogative after All).
As for the auction idea, it all seems a bit complicated as I am new to the site and i live in the UK, GMT time zone.
I would hate to put it up and do something wrong so it goes for peanuts.
Thanks again for all the interest guys.

If you are serious about a poster act quick as I am selling them first come first serve and have a lot of interest already.

Many thanks guys :)

The dispenser will NOT go for peanuts if you put it up for auction.  It's really not complicated.  Create a thread, copy and paste the rules I gave you, have the auction run a week or two, and end it at 5pm Eastern Standard Time on a Saturday.  Again, if you take a private message offer you will LOSE money. 

Let's say you do decide on auction.  Start the auction at your current highest bid that you received from private message.  The second the auction starts you no longer accept private message offers.  A collector who had a Super Rare M.U.S.C.LE. figure did that, started it at $500 (because that was the highest offer he received through private message), was smart enough to know he'll get more, put it up for auction, and watched it reach $1770. If that isn't incentive enough to put your dispenser up for auction I don't know what else to tell you.  People who are making you offers through private message are most likely low balling you.  :yes: You won't get its full value unless you put it up for auction, I guarantee you that. :yes:

Edited by walker13.1, 16 October 2013 - 03:05 AM.

#20 jmckinnon316

jmckinnon316

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Do what you feel's right - don't let anyone try to railroad you into anything simply because that's what they'd do.

I am sure you have the common sense to know what's a fair offer.

Don't know how anyone can say he'd be low-balled. Who knows what this thing might be worth?

I am a collector but I am certainly not even slightly interested in the dispenser - I wouldn't pay $10 for it!!

Make your own mind up, now that you've been presented with a couple of differing viewpoints....

J

My NEEDS List: HERE
My Collection: WORKING ON IT!

#21 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Don't know how anyone can say he'd be low-balled. Who knows what this thing might be worth?

I say low-balled because everybody and their cousin knows full well he'll get more through an auction.  Jmckinnon316, I'm not trying to railroad him into any decision.  I'm trying to protect him from making a bad decision, feeling rushed into a decision, and losing money.  Do people who make offers through private message usually want to pay full retail price of item's worth?  Nope. 

Give you another perfect example:  The school tube that was spotted a year or so ago.  It was on Ebay until the seller took it off, and I imagine because someone made an offer.  We all know the real bidding doesn't start until the last few minutes and seconds of any auction.  Everything before that is child's play.

Put this dispenser up for auction if you want its full worth.  Go ahead and take a private message offer if you want to sell it quickly, get it off your hands, and lose money.

Edited by walker13.1, 16 October 2013 - 04:21 AM.

#22 jmckinnon316

jmckinnon316

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

I say low-balled because everybody and their cousin knows full well he'll get more through an auction.  Do people who make offers through private message usually want to pay full retail price of item's worth?  Nope. 

Missing the point there.

How do you know how much this is worth? How do I know? How does anyone know?

He might have been offered $250 by PM, which might be a decent price when postage etc is considered.

Maybe someone makes a fair offer on PM, which happens to be their max and also more than anyone else will pay.

Doesn't equal a low-ball offer..

John

#23 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

Missing the point there.

How do you know how much this is worth? How do I know? How does anyone know?

He might have been offered $250 by PM, which might be a decent price when postage etc is considered.

Maybe someone makes a fair offer on PM, which happens to be their max and also more than anyone else will pay.

Doesn't equal a low-ball offer..

John

I'm not missing the point.  You want to take a vote and see which one wins on which will it go for more:  1.  Auction  2.  Private message.  ????  I'll give you a hint on which one will win.  I'm not making a private message offer.  How can you say it's a fair offer when we haven't seen one end through auction?  Also, $1770 (auction) is much greater than $500 (private message).  You know and I know REAL bidders don't come out until the end of an auction.

Edited by walker13.1, 16 October 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#24 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Cool thanks for the advice guys I really do appreciate it.
I didn't really want to sell it as it is the jewel in my collection.
I am currently paying my attention on selling the posters but will consider PM offers on the dispenser.
I have a price in mind which I will sell at and I will not tell you what that price is so please do not ask.
If I do not get offered the price in my mind between now and selling all the posters I may well put it in to auction with a reserve price.
That said if someone out there really wants it PM me with your best offer as it may not reach auction if I get the right price.

Cheers guys, great forum by the way :)
BANNED!

#25 jmckinnon316

jmckinnon316

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

I agree with you that an auction is definitely the way to go on this item. That's clear.

However, it's the low-balling that I can't get my head around. Don't think we can decide what a low-ball offer is since one has not been sold before.

Only certain collectors will be interested in this - it's not like a figure, where almost every collector would be interested in a rare one.

If this item goes to board auction and sells for $1000 then that's fine. But I believe that if someone has already offered the guy $100 yesterday on this item, he cannot be accused of low-balling. Since there's no known history for this item, nothing to compare against.

However - if another one appears in 6 months time, and the same person offers $100 then yes, it will be a low-ball offer...

Just my opinion.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com