Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Mini Hong Kong Cavemen

Best Answer dixiebull , 24 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

What you have here are Tim Mee figures; they were a Sinclair gas station premium from the 60's and included some small dinosaurs too. I have one caveman and two of the dinos. I think they are pretty neat! Wish I had found them!

Here is a picture of the whole series together.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Randommaddness

Randommaddness

Titleless One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Quicker to list the things i don't collect.

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:16 AM

Picked these up last weekend, and the only 2 examples on ebay sold for like 5$ plus shipping. That sound right? What are they?

A little over a inch tall, with hong kong stamped on back.

Attached Files

Edited by Randommaddness, 24 February 2017 - 02:42 AM.

#2 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

Those guys were often given out as arcade and carnival prizes in the 80s and 90s. I am not sure if they have any specific name or origin beyond that. I have some translucent neon ones I've had since I was a kid.

7458700858_1a54b1fef7.jpg

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#3 Randommaddness

Randommaddness

Titleless One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the info, one of the listings said they were marx from the 60's and that didnt feel right.

#4 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:47 PM   Best Answer

What you have here are Tim Mee figures; they were a Sinclair gas station premium from the 60's and included some small dinosaurs too. I have one caveman and two of the dinos. I think they are pretty neat! Wish I had found them!

Attached Files

Edited by dixiebull, 24 February 2017 - 02:48 PM.

#5 Randommaddness

Randommaddness

Titleless One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:14 AM

Wow, really cool. Thanks for that Dixie.

Makes me sad i didnt get any of the dinos, several of those sculpts were in the box.

I knew these were worth the 1$ i got charged, heres to hoping they are out again this weekend.

#6 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

Cool, I never realized those ones I posted were bootlegs of Tim Mee. I also have a bootleg of that pterosaur in translucent orange plastic.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#7 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

Wow, really cool. Thanks for that Dixie.

Makes me sad i didnt get any of the dinos, several of those sculpts were in the box.

I knew these were worth the 1$ i got charged, heres to hoping they are out again this weekend.

Good luck! I hope you do find them. They aren't super valuable but a nice lot/full set of them would pull in a few bucks for sure. I love the mini cavemen!

Cool, I never realized those ones I posted were bootlegs of Tim Mee. I also have a bootleg of that pterosaur in translucent orange plastic.

Yeah man, that pterosaur seems to be the most common one made from this line. I've found several of them, but they have all been larger. These figures are really quite small...I love your translucent ones!

#8 Randommaddness

Randommaddness

Titleless One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

She was there today, and still had the dinos.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com