62 replies to this topic

#26 Hydra

Hydra

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

I wish someone knew how to speak Japanese and could contact the seller and somehow get him to join LRG. I know this guy has still got a load of stuff still. He still lists the regular BB all of the time. Can only wonder what else this guy stumbled on and has stashed in his garage :yes:

The seller didn't stumble on anything, he's the owner of one of the most well-known collectibles stores in Japan. As to what he has packed away in storage, though, I'm sure not even he knows.

#27 saleen123456

saleen123456

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

The guy told me that he is going to auction them off next week with no reserve if they dont sell by the end of this week.

#28 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

The guy told me that he is going to auction them off next week with no reserve if they dont sell by the end of this week.

Damn, the one I want is already sold. (Killer Fish)
--Dave

#29 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

Sorry I snagged the Carp! It's at my PO box as of now! Gotta get it in the morning! I too loves the killer fishes. :)

#30 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

I'm curious how everyone else's was shipped. Mine was simply in an envelope. The bubble looks like it took some damage.

The cardboard on these is a little strange. I don't think it's quite as thick as the regular double-pack card. So it feels kind of cheap. I wonder if that's an indication that the line was coming to an end and the manufacturer was trying to save on money.

#31 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

Got the Lion today. Packed well. In a small USPS box and that was in an envelope. Looks like he has a Fire rub.

#32 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Got the Lion today. Packed well. In a small USPS box and that was in an envelope. Looks like he has a Fire rub.

Same as above. Awesome.

#33 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

What happened to the sunburst emblem? It is clearly sunburst in the first photo. Seller must have pulled some Tom Foolery. You might even be able to "not as described" it and get a partial refund?

#34 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

What happened to the sunburst emblem? It is clearly sunburst in the first photo. Seller must have pulled some Tom Foolery. You might even be able to "not as described" it and get a partial refund?

I did not use the sellers photo.

#35 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

I never understood the hype for these. I am surprised they are selling for so much more now. I, too, remember several years ago when they would show up periodically and were not very expensive.

Can someone provide links to his ebay auctions? Did any of these not sell?

#36 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

I never understood the hype for these. I am surprised they are selling for so much more now. I, too, remember several years ago when they would show up periodically and were not very expensive.

Can someone provide links to his ebay auctions? Did any of these not sell?

Never understood the hype???? They were undiscovered BB pieces up until a year or so ago. Never before seen in the collecting community. Thats plenty O reason for hype in my book. But I guess you have to have a deep passion for the BB/LB Line anyways. What is the cheapest you have seen them sell for?

#37 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:10 AM

Never understood the hype???? They were undiscovered BB pieces up until a year or so ago. Never before seen in the collecting community. Thats plenty O reason for hype in my book. But I guess you have to have a deep passion for the BB/LB Line anyways. What is the cheapest you have seen them sell for?

These were on ebay at least 4 years ago, maybe longer ago. I believe they were mostly series 1, and they were selling for only a little more than regular boxed Japanese beasts. Maybe $20-$25 each? It was just the beginning of the time when I stopped collecting and let my collections just sit. Probably 2007/2008.

Sure there was hype when they were first discovered, just like Greek Battle Beasts. And, just like Greek Battle Beasts, people at first thought they were prototypes. But, just like Greek Battle Beasts, the prices quickly dropped.

Yes, these are the first I have seen on ebay in awhile, but I don't understand the hype because all they are is different packaging. There are probably many more of these out there than people realize. That's why I don't understand the hype.

#38 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

These were on ebay at least 4 years ago, maybe longer ago. I believe they were mostly series 1, and they were selling for only a little more than regular boxed Japanese beasts. Maybe $20-$25 each? It was just the beginning of the time when I stopped collecting and let my collections just sit. Probably 2007/2008.

Sure there was hype when they were first discovered, just like Greek Battle Beasts. And, just like Greek Battle Beasts, people at first thought they were prototypes. But, just like Greek Battle Beasts, the prices quickly dropped.

Yes, these are the first I have seen on ebay in awhile, but I don't understand the hype because all they are is different packaging. There are probably many more of these out there than people realize. That's why I don't understand the hype.

Are you sure??? I thought were just discovered in the last two years? This would be the first time I have seen them for sale on ebay. So far I have only seen them on Yahoo Japan. And I thought I kept pretty good tabs on ebay. Dont see how I could have missed these especially selling for $25 :confused: . Do you know any collectors that got these for that price? Did anyone here get theirs for $25? All of the sudden I feel like a fool if they were selling for that much. And I thought I got mine at decent prices around $150 compared to what they were selling for at $200-$300 :confused:

Can anyone else chime in on the subject?

#39 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

I've been collecting since pre 07/08 and these have never been on eBay until now. None of the previous generation of big collectors were ever aware of them either when they popped up on YJP last year so this must be just some incorrect recollection.
-Barry

#40 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

I could be mistaken.

#41 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

I've never seen them over the last 7 years of hardcore collecting. I paid $150, and that seemed about the lowest he'd let them go for. We offered/counter offered for 2 days till it finalized. I'm happy with it. They have the JP sticker under foot, the trading card, and a neat look. I'm stoked to have Killer Carp- my fav (one of them) this way.

Edited by JonnyPac, 24 June 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#42 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

Oh yeah, a great piece to add to the collection. Wouldn't mind getting a bat this way as well.

#43 PuertoricanLion

PuertoricanLion

All hail Lord MEGATRON !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast / Transformers G1/Vintage Gi jo.And wierd monster

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

I got the and the passion but not the money !! Battle beast are 2 inches tall and not rare ! And they sell between 4 or 12 depending on rub ,weapon and series ! But common ther to inches tall !!!! It's a bit excessive ! Rare lazer beast are selling 4 more money than a G1 boxed figure with a FAA grading of 90 ! That's crazy ! Battle beast is one of my love but i nead a lot more transformers G1 stuff first ! I still collect battle beast, but I don't spend that much on them can't ! Not until I'm done with my g1 collection ! It's all what's it's worth to u (te collector )!

#44 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

Yeah!

!

!

#45 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

The other 6 are now up for auction starting at $105.99.

#46 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

really, i'd dont see them. are they listed under beastformers~?

#47 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

really, i'd dont see them. are they listed under beastformers~?

No, under Battle Beasts. I just put my bid in on the Gator. Wish me luck guys? Anyone else planning to pick some of these up?

#48 PuertoricanLion

PuertoricanLion

All hail Lord MEGATRON !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast / Transformers G1/Vintage Gi jo.And wierd monster

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

Good luck ! ;) wish I could bid ! :(

#49 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

I'll take the Lizard for $60.
That's the most I would pay right now.

#50 roboticplanet

roboticplanet

Action Figure Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

At Botcon 2010 (the official Transformers convention), Bickmore and some Japanese sellers each had tons of these for I about $30 each. Little, if any, takers too.

This year only those same Japanese sellers had about 5 of them, asking $40 each, and I'm pretty sure I saw them unsold at the end of the con too.

Perhaps a TF con isn't the right platform for selling these, but based on those prices, the ones on eBay are quite ridiculous.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com