Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:53 AM

This was advertised in the latest Preiviews (the comic shop pre-order book).
Attached File  sighting.jpg   93.07K   108 downloads

Looks like LRG might get another upswing in activity in feb

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#2 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:55 AM

The renaissance continues!
Posted Image

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:18 AM

Awesome!

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:20 PM

Oh Goody! I love it when muscles get a spotlight. :huh: And it looks like whoever wrote the article thinks they are cool. I may have to get that issue.

Posted Image

#5 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

shweet

it'll be my first MUSCLE interest resurgance since joining the community. :-D

#6 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:56 PM

It looks like the article will delve into Kinnikuman as well as it talks about the toys that never made it over here. I wonder who's writing the article/where they're getting their material from? Anyone from the board involved or been contacted?
-Barry

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:03 PM

I'll pick up the issue, but I wouldn't be suprised to see a paragraph long article, only gabbing minimally about nostalgia.
Unless somebody's bringing it back, which is unlikely....

#8 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

Happily stuck in the past

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

Yes, it will be nice to read an article about M.U.S.C.L.E. that doesn't include insults and jabs about the toyline!

#9 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:20 PM

Yes, it will be nice to read an article about M.U.S.C.L.E. that doesn't include insults and jabs about the toyline!

Are you being sarcastic?
That's exactly what Toyfare does.
It's pretty annoying actually.

#10 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:20 PM

Which I do not understand for the life of me!
Pick on a toyline, that doesn't have small parts, or lead paint on it?
Or how about picking on a toyline that doesn't break easily, or is fairly easy to mass produce?
Let's not get near the originality of the line, especially held against the licensing storm that is today's toy market... Geesh.

#11 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

Hopefully Matt from X-Entertainment is writing the article since I enjoyed his Battle Beast one.

Perhaps it is just because I'm more familiar with his humor so I know he kids because he loves.

#12 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for posting this. :yucky:
Been a while since i bought me a ToyFare mag,Guess that will change.

Will this be the 5th time ToyFare has m.u.s.c.l.e in their mag?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:41 AM

Does X-E's Matt write for Toyfare nowdays? I was wondering why his site stagnated.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#14 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:25 PM

A quick X-E search reveals Matt wrote articles at least for issues 94(family guy trivia), 100(something about G.I. Joe), 117(Battle Beasts), and 124(Gobots).
Theres a good chance he might have wrote more. I know the only issue I own of Toyfare was because I heard X-E and Battle Beasts in the same section.

Yeah, like you, from the sounds of your post, don't really check X-E like I used to when it seemed a new He-Man article could be just around the corner.

Edited by mrjayberry, 04 December 2007 - 02:35 PM.

#15 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

Happily stuck in the past

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:42 PM

Are you being sarcastic?
That's exactly what Toyfare does.

Judging from the blurb mentioning how Awesome the toys were, I was assuming the article might be positive this time around. However, it wouldn't surprise me if they were to walk all over the hobby given their actions in the past. I guess it all comes down to who writes the article.

#16 KinnikuZach

KinnikuZach

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:25 PM

Sorry, but I just had to stop in and clear something up. The article will be entirely reverential, because I think MUSCLE kicks ass. Yes, our old letter-answerer Tom Root (now a Robot Chicken writer) hated MUSCLE, but I don't remember us ever criticizing MUSCLE aside from his occasional rants. (I may be wrong.) A man's entitled to his opinion, after all.

I myself have a big MUSCLE collection, plus a bunch of Romando Kinnikuman (and a ton of Battle Beasts, although that's beside the point). I have the Kinnikuman board game, a Kinnikuman poster and a Kinnikuman scarf made by my wife. I even read the Kinnikuman Nisei manga -- okay, looked at the pictures -- in Japanese, before the translations came over.

What I'm trying to say is, don't worry, the article will not make fun of MUSCLE. Matt Caracappa wrote it, and I was personally trying to get Yudetamago for an interview, but they've been hard to get a hold of.

- Zach Oat, ToyFare Editor

#17 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:58 PM

Sorry, but I just had to stop in and clear something up. The article will be entirely reverential, because I think MUSCLE kicks ass. Yes, our old letter-answerer Tom Root (now a Robot Chicken writer) hated MUSCLE, but I don't remember us ever criticizing MUSCLE aside from his occasional rants. (I may be wrong.) A man's entitled to his opinion, after all.

I myself have a big MUSCLE collection, plus a bunch of Romando Kinnikuman (and a ton of Battle Beasts, although that's beside the point). I have the Kinnikuman board game, a Kinnikuman poster and a Kinnikuman scarf made by my wife. I even read the Kinnikuman Nisei manga -- okay, looked at the pictures -- in Japanese, before the translations came over.

What I'm trying to say is, don't worry, the article will not make fun of MUSCLE. Matt Caracappa wrote it, and I was personally trying to get Yudetamago for an interview, but they've been hard to get a hold of.

Hey man, that's great to hear!! Thanks for stopping by.
By the way, I have every issue of Toyfare. No lie.

#18 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

Sorry, but I just had to stop in and clear something up. The article will be entirely reverential, because I think MUSCLE kicks ass.

Well, incidentally, the timing of your article couldn't have been better because Bandai and Yudetamago are preparing to celebrate Kinnikuman's 29th anniversary this February as well.

;)
Posted Image

#19 KinnikuZach

KinnikuZach

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

I had no idea! No wonder I can't get them on the phone! (Addendum: Never mind, I just found out that the PR guy who was helping me has left the company. THAT'S probably why.)

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is the significance of 29? Is it from the mythos, or is it just a random number, because they wanted to re-issue it this year?

- Z

#20 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is the significance of 29? Is it from the mythos, or is it just a random number, because they wanted to re-issue it this year?

Not an ignorant question at all. It had all of us baffled until a Japanese collector/fan filled us in:

Feb.29 2008 will be Kinnikuman day! Did you get it?

29th is going to be Friday. In Japanese language,

KIN = Friday

NI=2

KU=9

From now on, every Friday the 29th of any month will be an official KINNIKUMAN day.

Pretty clever.

;)
Posted Image

#21 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:08 PM

IAt the risk of sounding ignorant, what is the significance of 29? Is it from the mythos, or is it just a random number, because they wanted to re-issue it this year?
- Z

Japanese-----English
Kin--------------Friday
Ni---------------2
Ku--------------9
Kinniku = Friday 29

Edit: Oh man, Soups, you beat me. Haha!

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 11 December 2007 - 03:10 PM.

#22 KinnikuZach

KinnikuZach

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

The Japanese language is a strange and fascinating thing.

- Z

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for the heads up Zach!

BTW, guys, the IP addy checks out. It's from Wizard/Toyfair

#24 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:24 PM

Good to hear! I can't wait to pick me up a copy of this issue.

Posted Image

#25 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

Great peice of information there! Rejuvenating!

With the Comic Con Fair B)
http://www.javitscen...asp?116c5f19f7e
& the toy fair(which I have a opportunity to see) my schedule being the only question :D
http://www.javitscen...asp?10db30bceb3
I first thought I picked the right year to go. Since it seemed it will not happen here in the U.S., my hopes of stumbling upon some ancient Japanese man with a set of disapproved "new" M.U.S.C.L.E. figures is now destroyed. Hopefully he will be so upset, he will just bring the set anyway and give me the set. Its wishful thinking, but at least you know I will be keeping another eye out there for M.U.S.C.L.E.s. :D
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com