• 22184 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

Bump for URS.

#27 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, I remember him stopping by, but I guess I meant had anyone been contacted personally. Like Nate was when they wanted a pic of Satan Cross. :) Thanks for bumping the thread too.

Posted Image

#28 Deacon Kole

Deacon Kole

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

Well, this is completely cool. Toyfare is my favorite trade mag (despite recently being quoted in a Wizard cover feature), so I'm looking forward to seeing one of my favorite hobbies represented in it!

#29 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

Just got home with the latest issue of Toyfare and I was disappointed that there's no MUSCLE article. So I looked up this thread and noticed my mistake. It's next month's issue that will have the article. Oops.
Anyway, this months issue is great too.

#30 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:50 PM

so, i'm new to the community and just started winning a few auctions on ebay in hopes of accumulating a complete flesh set. after reading "price guides" and an ebay buyers guide, i noticed that in order to win an auction i'd have to pay $.50-.75 per figure instead of the recommended $.25-50 per figure. won't this toyfare article just inflate the prices of the figures more and thus we'll all have to scrimp and save all the more?..

damn my late band-wagon jumping ways..

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#31 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

so, i'm new to the community and just started winning a few auctions on ebay in hopes of accumulating a complete flesh set. after reading "price guides" and an ebay buyers guide, i noticed that in order to win an auction i'd have to pay $.50-.75 per figure instead of the recommended $.25-50 per figure. won't this toyfare article just inflate the prices of the figures more and thus we'll all have to scrimp and save all the more?..

damn my late band-wagon jumping ways..

Prices fluctuate constantly. They'll go up due to the article. Then after a few months, they'll go back down.

#32 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

So when the devil is this issue supposed to come out? I been looking everywhere, and I can't even find a Toyfare magazine. :lol: I may have to stop in at my comic shop for an issue.

Posted Image

#33 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

So when the devil is this issue supposed to come out? I been looking everywhere, and I can't even find a Toyfare magazine. :lol: I may have to stop in at my comic shop for an issue.

If i remember correctly it's not supposed to hit regular newsstands until the 25th. Comic shops get it a week or two earlier i think.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#34 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:50 AM

If i remember correctly it's not supposed to hit regular newsstands until the 25th. Comic shops get it a week or two earlier i think.

That is correct but the comic stores usually only get in enough issues for their regular customers and so they run out quick. When I had a subscription I would get it around the 12th, but now I can always find the new issue at Booksamillion after the 25th.

#35 SiberianSpecialForces

SiberianSpecialForces

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

i also looked through the Feb TF, too :thumbsup: the march issue(heroes figs on cover) says Feb 13th. i'll a be hittin' the shop for that one.
i picked up the March issue for the twisted theater, that was friggin great! also read the spartan vs. mario TTs......where do they think of that stuff!? :unknw:
Posted Image

#36 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

i picked up the March issue for the twisted theater, that was friggin great! also read the spartan vs. mario TTs......where do they think of that stuff!? :thumbsup:

I know! It's really great! Some of the original writers of Twisted Toyfare Theater went off to make that hillarious show, Robot Chicken. Could you imagine having either one of those as your career? That would be the greatest!

#37 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

Comes out tomorrow.
Early feedback is good!
http://wizardunivers...showtopic=19967

I am picking up a few extra issues for those of you who are out of the US and can't get a copy locally.

#38 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

Wow,that forum looks eerily familiar. Like some kinda alternate universe or something. :lol:

#39 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the Headsup Jkaris! I'll try to find me a copy. :) From that guys reaction, the article must be good!

Posted Image

#40 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

I am off tommorrow so I will hunt down a copy.
I hope they mention how Awesome my collection is. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#41 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

Did they link to LRG in the article?

#42 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

I got the mag, and they did not link LRG but they did link Nathan's MUSCLE PAGE, Soupie's MUSCLE Color Image Archive, and kinnikuman.com

Edited by DaHumorist, 13 February 2008 - 05:10 PM.

#43 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

I got the mag, and they did not link LRG but they did link Nathan's MUSCLE PAGE, Soupie's MUSCLE Color Image Archive, and kinnikuman.com

What do you mean they "linked" to our sites in the article? I'm just curious, because the address of the MCIA has my wife's old name in it. :woot:
Posted Image

#44 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

I didn't realize that they were going to link Kinnikuman.com. I havn't updated the news on that page in a long time, haha.

I just added a quick note about the article and a pointer to the boards. So if they hit the main site, they come here as well!

#45 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

What do you mean they "linked" to our sites in the article? I'm just curious, because the address of the MCIA has my wife's old name in it. :woot:

Not in the article itself, but in the price guide spotlight section. They have the full MCIA url in there.

#46 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

Not in the article itself, but in the price guide spotlight section. They have the full MCIA url in there.

The price guide section, eh? I do plan on getting a copy of the mag asap, but I wonder if they are encouraging the use of the MCIA to gauge price per specific figs? Was that how you interpreted it?

:woot:

Edited by Soupie, 13 February 2008 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image

#47 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

Well, I gotta be at Target in the morning, so hopefully they will have it in stock. :no: If not I'll stop by a couple places on the way home to try and find it. I'm so stoked. I only buy Toyfare once in a blue moon, but this should be pretty cool! I'm gonna read it like I havn't seen a muscle in 15 years, then I'm gonna be like "What are these links!? I've got to check them out and see whats up with these thing!" Then it will be like joining the Group all over again! ^_^ :woot:

Posted Image

#48 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:00 PM

i used to subscribe to toyfare, all it did was magnify my need for four jobs to pay for all the cool shizznit i wanted. i can't wait to get this new issue though. see what's changed in the past three or four years that i've been without tf.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#49 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

By the way, I have 5 extra issues for anyone who is unable to obtain one on their own.

#50 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:24 PM

The price guide section, eh? I do plan on getting a copy of the mag asap, but I wonder if they are encouraging the use of the MCIA to gauge price per specific figs? Was that how you interpreted it?

The exact quote is:

"This price guide only covers the first, all-pink wave, and we'd like to thank kinnikuman.com and nathansmusclepage.com for their help in compiling it. To see what other colors your favorite MUSCLE men came in (and how rare they are) visit home.comcast.net/~nicole.tarconish/MUSCLECIA.html pronto!"

So, I guess Soupie's wife's old name is immortalized in ToyFare! :D Anyway, it seems like they're implying rarity but not specifying a price.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com