• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#26 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

Here is some feedback from my research with a gumball figure brand. WRESTLING MONSTERS

This also poses another question. Have they made bootlegs of the 29th anniversary set in Japan. hmmmmmm
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#27 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:54 AM

the pink one is a cosmix!

btw, color apart, there is a scheme about the stamps on their back to tell if a kinkeshi is the first run or the 29th anniversary reprint?

Edited by nanoFatato, 20 May 2010 - 01:57 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:33 AM

Although it is hard to tell the #95 is a lighter colored pink and seems to stand out when it is around other muscles because of the light color. Is this a very well made bootleg or a discolored muscle?

My gut says discolored MUSCLE, but what is the texture? If it feels like a MUSCLE, then you've probably got a MUSCLE. If not, then my guess would be a faded A or I.

#29 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:27 AM

My gut says discolored MUSCLE

I'm think it's a discolored muscle now too. I should have done this earlier but when I look at him from the bottom all of the downward facing areas are the true muscle color. I wonder if it was left in the sun and only the top and sides became discolored? So, I am officially starting with two bootlegs :D

Thanks nanoFatato for letting me know, I'll keep it set aside for now but maybe I'll add it in the set in the future?

Those Monster wrestlers are pretty sweet that Jamesullivan has. I scoured ebay last night for anything similar and didn't find much except for the already discovered $40 gumball cards with two muscle bootlegs, a little too pricey for me to justify paying for a couple of bootlegs though.

#30 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

I have a bootleg 141 that is available for trade if anybody wants it.

#31 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

i so want to see this happen. what a great project. i love how it has gotten several members together to work on it. brilliant. what a great way to celebrate "community"! congrats. sadly, all my muscle bootlegs are gone but hopefully i can enjoy this project vicariously thru you guys!

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#32 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:30 AM

I wanted to let you guys know that I've started building the archive. As of this minute, I have 16 figures. But I still need to finish with my pictures, plus the few that have been posted.

I also wanted to echo what stoney said. I think this is going to turn into a really fun thing for the people that see it, collect it, and/or submit pictures for it. I’m really looking forward to working on this with everyone! :lol:

#33 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

I wanted to let you guys know that I've started building the archive. As of this minute, I have 16 figures. But I still need to finish with my pictures, plus the few that have been posted.

I also wanted to echo what stoney said. I think this is going to turn into a really fun thing for the people that see it, collect it, and/or submit pictures for it. I’m really looking forward to working on this with everyone! :lol:

I can't wait to see the bootleg archive! I also must agree that this is turning into a very fun project. I especially like the way that everyone has come together so far to put this thing together!

I have posted my conditions and inventory of bootlegs (Only 2 so far) and intend to keep everyone updated as I come across bootlegs that are added to the list.

#34 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:toys, computers, games, reading

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

the pink one is a cosmix!

btw, color apart, there is a scheme about the stamps on their back to tell if a kinkeshi is the first run or the 29th anniversary reprint?

Original Muscles have: Y/S NT with a Circled B for Bandai
Original Keshi have: Y/S NT with a Circled B for Bandai
Original Parts 29, 91-1, 91-2 and 91-3: Y/S .N.T Non Circled B. for Bandai
29th anniversary have: Y/S T B.China
Re-Issues have: Y/S NT and a circled P for Popy
I also have Y/S.T on the back and then a B on the back of the left thigh and a dot on the back of the right thigh.
The reissue 3 pack: Y/S .N.T and a circled P for Popy.
Original Mini keshi witll also have the Y/S NT and Circled B for bandai
The Micro's or Chibi's will have the Y/S .N.T and a circled P for Popy

All of these are bootlegs and don't have anything on the backs of them (not for sale)
Attached File  PICT0163.JPG   844.39K   17 downloads

These all have Y/S NT on the back with nothing else, but I can't locate the source anywhere. they are not original heads:
Attached File  PICT0165.JPG   899.93K   7 downloads

And this one has the Y/S NT on the back and a circled B for bandai, but It is 2 1/2" tall
Attached File  PICT0164.JPG   818.42K   4 downloads

I do not have nor have I ever had a box of bootleg keshi.
Most of the bootlegs I have come across have either nothing on the back, chinese writing only, or just China on the backs.

Hope this helps!

Selling on Ebay as Kinnikumart

Check out my Ebay Auctions
HERE

My Store is now Closed!
Selling on Ebay and here on the Forum too!. Pm me or email me.

#35 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

I'm still tweaking, but I had to share a sneak peek:
Posted Image

This is going to be so much fun. :teehee:

#36 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

I'm still tweaking, but I had to share a sneak peek:

This is going to be so much fun. :teehee:

Agreed! Looks good! Are you going to integrate non-muscle/mashup/original sculpts into this in any way, or will that remain within your existing boot page?

#37 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

Very cool. I hope it can be done. :teehee:

#38 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

Are you going to integrate non-muscle/mashup/original sculpts into this in any way, or will that remain within your existing boot page?

I'll create a section/page/whatever for them, but it will be separate from the "233 Counterfeit Collection." As I said here, I think the entire Art 100 section needs to be reworked.

My guess is that there will be 4 sections:
1. 233 Counterfeit Collection
2. Mash-ups
3. Packaging
4. Types of Bootlegs – I think this would examine all the different qualities, markings, etc. I'm thinking it might be a resource to help people identify their bootlegs ("Oh, I've got a type B." Or whatever. :teehee: ).

#39 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

I'll create a section/page/whatever for them, but it will be separate from the "233 Counterfeit Collection." As I said here, I think the entire Art 100 section needs to be reworked.

My guess is that there will be 4 sections:
1. 233 Counterfeit Collection
2. Mash-ups
3. Packaging
4. Types of Bootlegs – I think this would examine all the different qualities, markings, etc. I'm thinking it might be a resource to help people identify their bootlegs ("Oh, I've got a type B." Or whatever. :teehee: ).

Ah, hadn't read that yet. Well I'm excited about this project, and I'm glad you and the U are on board. Do you have a preferred resolution for pictures to be sent?

#40 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

With all this bootleg collection on a rise. Prices for bootlegs will be on a rise.

#41 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

With all this bootleg collection on a rise. Prices for bootlegs will be on a rise.

Perhaps, but I think a number of us were already actively collecting them, just not talking about it as much. Still pretty niche, the market is probably way too small to do much predicting.

#42 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

Perhaps, but I think a number of us were already actively collecting them, just not talking about it as much. Still pretty niche, the market is probably way too small to do much predicting.

I have been collecting bootlegs for about a decade now. I have found that much like their legitimate counterparts, their prices fluctuate over time, varying between highs and lows several times each throughout a single year. Many factors are involved in this type of price fluctuation.

Often, they show up mixed into lots with other figures, so the price of that lot may rise due to most collector's focus on the other things they desire within the lot.
Most of the time people seem disappointed when they obtain them with their regular M.U.S.C.L.E.s and Kinkeshi, and are more than happy to trade or even give them away.

Even with a public interest being expressed in bootlegs, I think that most collectors of otherwise legit figures would only be interested in specific boots, rather than bootlegs in general; Such as obtaining bootlegs versions of their favorite sculpts, figures made of interesting materials, or the more unique-looking figures, such as mash-ups and other customized sculpts.
Such a situation does not necessarily make it any harder to attempt a full 233.

#43 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

Yeah I got a few with one of my first muscle lot purchases when someone got me sucked back into muscle. Here & there I'd get some, then I passively collected. Now I seek 'em out when I have loose change, trade when I can. I need to shoot mine as I told someone I would :teehee:

I can maybe go through mine & pull some doubles out & we might be able to work something out.

Hey Veers.... I have someone shooting some of my work for an upcoming project. When I find out how much that is costing :D would you want me to have my bootlegs shot for you or should I just do my old point & shoot for you?

#44 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

That would have been nice info like a week ago as I had an auction posted for several of them :teehee: hehee

Speaking of, Veers I didnt forget your pics, just have been busy.

#45 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

Yeah I tried to bid on that lot at the last second & forgot I wasn't signed into ebay :teehee:

#46 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

Here is my contribution to the project. Please note, most of these are being shipped off tomorrow and are not available for trade, I just wanted to help the picture archive.

Oh yeah and if we decide that the exogini are boots too I have a pretty large collection of those to share pics of.

These couple pics are off my site, old pics.

Attached Files

#47 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:31 AM

Original Muscles have: Y/S NT with a Circled B for Bandai
Original Keshi have: Y/S NT with a Circled B for Bandai
Original Parts 29, 91-1, 91-2 and 91-3: Y/S .N.T Non Circled B. for Bandai
29th anniversary have: Y/S T B.China
Re-Issues have: Y/S NT and a circled P for Popy
I also have Y/S.T on the back and then a B on the back of the left thigh and a dot on the back of the right thigh.
The reissue 3 pack: Y/S .N.T and a circled P for Popy.
Original Mini keshi witll also have the Y/S NT and Circled B for bandai
The Micro's or Chibi's will have the Y/S .N.T and a circled P for Popy

thanks Sherrie, now I can divide my kinkeshi much better now!

here is my contribution to the bootleg image archive (not to sell or trade sorry):

Attached File  P1010084.JPG   753.12K   24 downloads
first row: no marks
second row: faded 'YSNT' on the MUSCLE ones, '88' on the blue guy

Attached File  P1010085.JPG   315.67K   10 downloads
no marks

Attached File  P1010086.JPG   324.99K   8 downloads
'hong kong' on the back

Attached File  P1010087.JPG   325.24K   12 downloads
no marks

Attached File  P1010088.JPG   754.27K   12 downloads
'china' on the back

Edited by nanoFatato, 22 May 2010 - 04:02 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:52 AM

Here are my MUSCLE bootlegs side-by-side with the originals. They're not great pictures (they were taken a year or 2 ago) so Veers, if you want better pictures for your archive, just let me know. Also FYI, they're not for sale.
#16 Attached File  16.jpg   113.97K   4 downloads #58 Attached File  58.jpg   136.47K   3 downloads
#113Attached File  113.jpg   96.62K   4 downloads #228Attached File  228.jpg   119.9K   2 downloads

Edited by DaHumorist, 23 May 2010 - 12:57 AM.

#49 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:58 AM

The few gumball machine bootlegs I have.

#50 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:27 AM

Fuzzbuster brought up a question: Are cosmix and exogini considered bootlegs?

The definition of a bootleg is something made, reproduced, or sold illegally or without authorization.

Yeah, once I was aware that Exogini were unlicensed, I've considered them to be bootlegs, albeit high quality bootlegs (for the same reason Veers mentioned, because I'm a stickler for the rules).

Thus, on the same token, I place "customs" under the bootleg umbrella too. Quality has nothing to do with the label in my opinion. The figures that TGB, csmhoff, alterior motive, etc. make are arguably higher quality than the original figures they're made from. ;) The main reason I consider them bootlegs is because they are "exact" copies of original, factory-made figures - just like other bootlegs. They're made in the same way as well, by creating and using a mold from one of the originals.

Original sculpts that TGB and others have sculpted and cast I wouldn't, obviously, consider bootlegs. And to me, bootleg isn't a bad word. I love bootlegs and several bootlegs I own happen to be among my favorite pieces!

I think this project is awesome! I'm anxious to watch it develop. :)
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com