KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:23 AM

Original Topic Here
Team Kinniku's Website

Woo. New topic. There's links on the TK website to the onemanga and mangafox Kinnikuman archives.

Regarding the discussion in the last thread, I could always proof read the scripts as well and fix up things, since all I do is rename files, upload to our mediafire account, then update the site. XD Not all that difficult..

I'll be uploading Chapter 51-53 onto the site ASAP.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 07 January 2009 - 04:24 AM.

#2 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:13 AM

Original Topic Here
Team Kinniku's Website

Woo. New topic. There's links on the TK website to the onemanga and mangafox Kinnikuman archives.

Regarding the discussion in the last thread, I could always proof read the scripts as well and fix up things, since all I do is rename files, upload to our mediafire account, then update the site. XD Not all that difficult..

I'll be uploading Chapter 51-53 onto the site ASAP.

I think picking up where the last thread left off:

The reason I made the joke about "Choujin" and "Supermen" is that it's just so interchangable in the America arc. The "S" in all of these organizations is obviously "Supermen", yet the Japanese has it written as "Choujin". But of course, since this is America (where they speak...some sort of English...even if it's all written as Japanese since that's what the audience is), it's supposed to be "Supermen". But it feels awkward to go all this way with "Choujin" and go forward with "Choujin" and yet for one arc just ignore that term and go with "Supermen" because it's America and all of the American Choujin organizations use "S" for their abbreviations instead of "C". I mean sure, the whole "Choujin" aspect is essentially superheroes who wrestle and fight Kaijuu instead of fighting crime, but they are still "somewhat" superheroes and thus "supermen"...even if they're Choujin.

As for the Kamehame/Malva situation, I sort of get it now...but it still makes little sense. It still sounds like someone had 999 wins going for 1000, but I can't tell who anymore. If it's Kamehame, then how could he suddenly go for his 1000th straight if somehow he gave it up to Malva? (unless it's not "consquetive" anymore and just "his 1000th win") And if it's Malva, then how long has he been champ and how long has Kamehame worked for him?

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#3 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:57 AM

The reason I made the joke about "Choujin" and "Supermen" is that it's just so interchangable in the America arc. The "S" in all of these organizations is obviously "Supermen", yet the Japanese has it written as "Choujin". But of course, since this is America (where they speak...some sort of English...even if it's all written as Japanese since that's what the audience is), it's supposed to be "Supermen". But it feels awkward to go all this way with "Choujin" and go forward with "Choujin" and yet for one arc just ignore that term and go with "Supermen" because it's America and all of the American Choujin organizations use "S" for their abbreviations instead of "C". I mean sure, the whole "Choujin" aspect is essentially superheroes who wrestle and fight Kaijuu instead of fighting crime, but they are still "somewhat" superheroes and thus "supermen"...even if they're Choujin.

The way I see it, they're just names of organizations, so they can have the word "Supermen" in their name without affecting the fact that they're called Chojin. That's my line of thinking, anyway.

God this arc is a pain.

Edited by Stecase King, 07 January 2009 - 07:09 AM.

Posted Image

#4 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:50 AM

But essentially Choujin in America are Supermen. We may call them Choujin, even 4Kids may call them Choujin, but to Doro Phreas (and perhaps to the minds of Yudetamago when they came up with this arc), everyone who steps on American soil is called a "Superman". I just really don't want to have to write that warning before every chapter in this arc. (besides, compared to all of the weird and amazing Choujin in the other arcs, nearly every Choujin in this arc is just some wrestler...well Terry is a toss-up)

Posted Image

#5 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

Why not put a small note in the boarders of one of the chapters and note that "Superman" is the literal definition of Choujin, then go with "Choujin" unless it's a group's name that has an abbriviation?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#6 Kaba Kaba Fruit

Kaba Kaba Fruit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:57 AM

I was the one who started the Onemanga thread on scanlated Kinnikuman manga a while back. Maybe both threads can merge?

Anyways, I'm up to chapter 48 in the scanlations and the manga is getting more and more addicting by the chapter. The pacing of the fights are fantastic. ;)

I should probably also mention that chapters 42-50 are now available.
Did you eat your fruit today?

#7 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:37 AM

But essentially Choujin in America are Supermen. We may call them Choujin, even 4Kids may call them Choujin, but to Doro Phreas (and perhaps to the minds of Yudetamago when they came up with this arc), everyone who steps on American soil is called a "Superman". I just really don't want to have to write that warning before every chapter in this arc. (besides, compared to all of the weird and amazing Choujin in the other arcs, nearly every Choujin in this arc is just some wrestler...well Terry is a toss-up)

If you really feel that it should be changed to "WCA", I'll go back and do it, but I'd rather keep it "WSA" so that I don't have to redraw all of the things that say "WSA" on them. (like all of the championship belts)

Edited by Stecase King, 07 January 2009 - 09:43 AM.

Posted Image

#8 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

I think we have to note in the first chapter of the arc that "since this is America, the abbreviations all include "S" which is "Supermen". But since "Supermen" and "Choujin" are the same thing, we will be using Choujin but keep the abbreviations with the S." Hopefully that will prevent the nonsense from growing.

On the other hand: I finished the latest chapter but won't put it up until later due to system problems. But one major complaint: where's my secret Choujin HQ under the Gateway Arch!?

Posted Image

#9 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

I think we have to note in the first chapter of the arc that "since this is America, the abbreviations all include "S" which is "Supermen". But since "Supermen" and "Choujin" are the same thing, we will be using Choujin but keep the abbreviations with the S." Hopefully that will prevent the nonsense from growing.

On the other hand: I finished the latest chapter but won't put it up until later due to system problems. But one major complaint: where's my secret Choujin HQ under the Gateway Arch!?

No problem, I already added a note like that before you said anything.

Here's whatever chapter I just did (50-something):
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=6LN6MDG3

It's also really nice to not only have a clean topic for this (it always felt like we were just using a second-hand thread), but we're no longer cleaning up TW's half-finished arcs! It really feels like we're accomplishing something now.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

#10 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

It's also really nice to not only have a clean topic for this (it always felt like we were just using a second-hand thread), but we're no longer cleaning up TW's half-finished arcs! It really feels like we're accomplishing something now.

It's great we're actually doing our own arc for once but it's still somewhat a bridge. Once we're done with the America arc (and the remaining stuff in vol. 7 such as the "Magnificent Seven" arc), then we're back to TW for the second Choujin Olympics and the 7 Akuma Choujin arc. But hey...after we get through that, we just move on right into completely untreaded waters for the rest of the series.

Posted Image

#11 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

... fhdagjsg. I think I got the chapters messed up AGAIN. *grumbles about stupid TW jumping around too much*

Does TW's American chapter start at 54 or 55? If I'm lucky and it's 55.. I can just upload all the old files I have on CD and not have to worry about renaming them all again.

#12 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

... fhdagjsg. I think I got the chapters messed up AGAIN. *grumbles about stupid TW jumping around too much*

Does TW's American chapter start at 54 or 55? If I'm lucky and it's 55.. I can just upload all the old files I have on CD and not have to worry about renaming them all again.

I did 51, 52, 53, and 58. (although 58 is labeled as "54" due to an oversight on my part)
Posted Image

#13 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

Sort of hope we get the numbering figured out before it screws up other sources like Onemanga.

-Chp. 59: It's like Six Flags St. Louis...only with Choujin: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8317

Posted Image

#14 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

I did 51, 52, 53, and 58. (although 58 is labeled as "54" due to an oversight on my part)

Okay, I THOUGHT that might be it.. but wasn't sure. I was worried there for a second. Yay! No renaming thousands of files again. 8D

#15 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

You may need to rename another thing though: the chapter after the end of Suguru/Robin is "Who's the Companion?" The title refers to Suguru's offer of having a companion come with on his world tour...thus why.

Posted Image

#16 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:12 AM

Sort of hope we get the numbering figured out before it screws up other sources like Onemanga.

-Chp. 59: It's like Six Flags St. Louis...only with Choujin: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8317

Since One Manga has so many series to keep track of, they use Manga Updates to tell when a series has new chapters out. After Knuxie adds them to the site, I drop an update there when I can. As long as the numbering problems are fixed before I can put an update there, it won't mess up Onemanga's numbering.

Edited by Stecase King, 08 January 2009 - 03:14 AM.

Posted Image

#17 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:11 AM

Since One Manga has so many series to keep track of, they use Manga Updates to tell when a series has new chapters out. After Knuxie adds them to the site, I drop an update there when I can. As long as the numbering problems are fixed before I can put an update there, it won't mess up Onemanga's numbering.

I seriously never knew that. Most of the time I sort of just go in and out of reading manga so I really don't need someplace like MU but it is a worthwile link to have for those keeping track of the zillions of scanslations out there.

Posted Image

#18 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:26 AM

You guys are Effing Monsters!

This is rediculous, this pace here!

I could NEVER keep up with this kind of pace-- I think at its heyday that TW was doing four chapters a MONTH.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#19 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

You guys are Effing Monsters!

This is rediculous, this pace here!

I could NEVER keep up with this kind of pace-- I think at its heyday that TW was doing four chapters a MONTH.

And im SO damn appreciative :D What you guys are doing is more important than you might realize . Thanks again !
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#20 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

It wasn't our chapters that got messed up, it was TW's because they jumped around so much. I had to look at the raws to see how many chapters there were inbetween. It was quite annoying.

But.. huh, so that's mangaupdates.. I could probably post there after I update the site. Seems easy enough.

#21 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

It wasn't our chapters that got messed up, it was TW's because they jumped around so much. I had to look at the raws to see how many chapters there were inbetween. It was quite annoying.

But.. huh, so that's mangaupdates.. I could probably post there after I update the site. Seems easy enough.

Just make sure you link to the site instead of the file when they ask you for a link to the chapter. You're supposed to give a direct link, but linking to the site is more effective.
Posted Image

#22 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

Either we're monsters or we're just bored...besides, a lot of the chapters really don't need too much translation at first and are rather short...but somehow by the point when the chapters get longer and wordier, I fear what could happen (though I had a few snags today).

I got three chapters done today diving deep into the America arc and sort of only got two things on my mind:

1. I doubt the whole blackface bit Suguru was forced to use would fly today even in Japan.
2. It feels weird to see a so-called homage to Hulk Hogan back when he was a rising star in '80...when we're a few years away from Hulkamania...and more importantly, Neptuneman. (then again, considering that Beauty Rhodes seems a bit like Andre the Giant and the two were fighting even back then, I guess that's why they did it)

Posted Image

#23 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

Either we're monsters or we're just bored...

Closer to the first one in my case. I have to set aside a lot of time each day to work on this. It just seems like a waste to have the translations coming out so quickly if nobody's going to put them into a format that most people can enjoy.

Although I can't say Bobobo is one of my favorite series, it was depressing to see someone put out translations so quickly, yet the scanlations are so slow. I bet there are tons of fans of the series who wish it was scanlated, and almost anyone could do it due to the fact that it's all translated, but instead of 3-4 groups working together to do it quickly, one group gives it a average-to-slow release. It feels like a huge waste that I cann't allow to happen with Kinnikuman.

Chapter 59"
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=NUY7S6M7

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

#24 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

Quick question about mangaupdates. Did you make a seperate account or a TK account there?

#25 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

Quick question about mangaupdates. Did you make a seperate account or a TK account there?

Anyone can add any release. Just make an account, go to the user CP, "add release", then fill in the information.

Edited by Stecase King, 08 January 2009 - 03:37 PM.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com