• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 Peikko

Peikko

Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:horror movies, comics, The Shadow (comics & old time radio), My Little Pony, Sonic the Hedgehog, Monster High, insects (esp beetles and cockroaches), clowns, The Phantom of the Opera, giraffes, trolls

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

And who could forget Inferno? Constant comic relief, what with only referring to Megatron as, "My Queen!" (His beast mode is an ant).

no_thank_you_by_annmonster-d4hkti3_zpsf2

ANYWAY... 

My two favorites were Dr. Robotnik from Sonic the Hedgehog and Chairface Chippendale from The Tick. 

Facebook: Art Page | Facebook: Personal Profile | Twitter | Instagram | Storenvy Shop

#27 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

no_thank_you_by_annmonster-d4hkti3_zpsf2

ANYWAY... 

My two favorites were Dr. Robotnik from Sonic the Hedgehog and Chairface Chippendale from The Tick. 

I did-ant see that coming. But Inferno probably did. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#28 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

He didn't play a big giant role in GI Joe, but he's always been my favorite, gotta love a paranoid firebug who doesn't want anyone to see his face.

Firefly_%28RAH%29_01.jpg

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#29 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

He didn't play a big giant role in GI Joe, but he's always been my favorite, gotta love a paranoid firebug who doesn't want anyone to see his face.

Firefly_%28RAH%29_01.jpg

Firefly is my favorite GI Joe character, hands down. Good call.

#30 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

I love Beast Wars. For me Tarantulas was the top bad guy on that show. He always made Megatron look stupid. 

As much as Tarantulas schemed and wove his webs of deceit, BW Megatron was amazing for his flexibility, foresight, and for playing the long game. Plus, let's not forget no matter how bullcrap you may or may not find the show to be, ultimately he won. Megatron had all of Cybertron under his thumb in Beast Machines, and even got a few of the Maximals while he was at it. He was a bit crazier by then and a bit of a fanatic, sure, but he never lost that edge and it took a big sacrifice to stop him for good and restore Cybertron.

Why did 90s cartoons have such amazing villains!

#31 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

Megatron had all of Cybertron under his thumb in Beast Machines

Alternate time-line, bro. The original ending to Beast Wars has the maximals winning.

Docs: http://en.wikipedia....t_Wars_episodes

The problem with ANY Megatron is his blatant arrogance in regards to his own strength. Every Megatron ever always wants to play the long game, thinking that they have the upper-hand in strength, (almost always true), but yet always waits too long to act. If Starscream wasn't such a blundering idiot, he'd make a better leader in G1.

However, if you haven't already seen Transformers Prime, Prime Megatron is probably the best incarnation yet.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#32 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:58 PM

Alternate time-line, bro. The original ending to Beast Wars has the maximals winning.

I know how Beast Wars ends, I was there as it aired. :p I think we have different definitions of what constitutes a sequel versus an alternate timeline, even if the show is never 100% clear on how Megatron escaped, because it's not as if BM pretended the last episode didn't end that way and Megatron came back home with the Nemesis or something crazy that totally ignores him being strapped to the back of that shuttle. Nothing in your Wikipedia link has anything to do with invalidating BM as a BW sequel either. It was merely an... embarrassing setback. Yeeeesssssss.

I'm a big enough Transformers fan to follow all the shows, even if I don't collect the toys like I once did, and I've seen all of Prime. That Megatron is definitely one of the strongest in the franchise, but I will continue to give the edge to BW Megatron because he did it all with style too. And a rubber ducky.

#33 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:23 AM

And a rubber ducky.

I just re-watched the show not all that long ago with my oldest daughter. And I was surprised that I didn't remember the ducky sooner.

Goddamn that is funny.

Also, according to the TF wiki it is a direct sequel:

http://tfwiki.net/wi...:_Transformers_(cartoon)

I never liked Beast Machines growing up, and somewhere along the line somebody told me it was an alternate universe, and I just believed them.

My whole life is a lie.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#34 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

Glad to see Xanatos on the list. A very well written character. 

Kinda surprised to see the lack of love for Batman the Animated Series' Mr. Freeze.  BTAS gave him a slick origin story that made him a such a fleshed out character that his original origin in the comics has been retconned to match BTAS. 

#35 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

I never liked Beast Machines growing up, and somewhere along the line somebody told me it was an alternate universe, and I just believed them.

My whole life is a lie.

:lol:

Glad to see Xanatos on the list. A very well written character. 

Kinda surprised to see the lack of love for Batman the Animated Series' Mr. Freeze.  BTAS gave him a slick origin story that made him a such a fleshed out character that his original origin in the comics has been retconned to match BTAS. 

I went out of my way to not bring up BTAS myself because crap, that's such an easy way to pull in all sorts of characters because that show was magnificent all around. Even mindless thugs like Killer Croc got their moments of depth and nuance, others like Mr. Freeze or Clock King got new stories to make them unforgettable characters, some new characters like Harley Quinn and Renee Montoya were so good as to end up introduced in the comics, and then you had the perfection of Mark Hamill's Joker! Half the list of best cartoon villains could be filled out with Batman's rogues gallery from that series.

#36 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:11 PM

I went out of my way to not bring up BTAS myself because crap, that's such an easy way to pull in all sorts of characters because that show was magnificent all around. Even mindless thugs like Killer Croc got their moments of depth and nuance, others like Mr. Freeze or Clock King got new stories to make them unforgettable characters, some new characters like Harley Quinn and Renee Montoya were so good as to end up introduced in the comics, and then you had the perfection of Mark Hamill's Joker! Half the list of best cartoon villains could be filled out with Batman's rogues gallery from that series.

I mean, it's almost not fair. Batman:TAS has god-mode stats, and everything else is trying to keep up. There was not a single throw away episode in the entire series, and it really did change the way that cartoons were looked at here in the states.

#37 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

Almost no throw-away episodes. While I was doing some brief fact-checking I was reminded of Red Claw, whose entire existence I had forgotten. I'm sure there were some Catwoman moments of note in one or both of her first two episodes, but otherwise she was such a waste of Kate Mulgrew.

Otherwise you're so damn spot on it's not even funny.

Edited by BaltanII, 30 October 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#38 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Haha, I even liked the Red Claw episodes. 

Hell, they took Mr. Freeze from being a kitchy joke villain to being this tragic, almost Byronic character. When the cartoon is so good that they have to adjust the source material to keep up? You know you have a classic.

#39 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

:lol:

Fair point. Then I'll throw Quackerjack from Darkwing Duck in.  He creeped me out as a kid, and I don't have a clown phobia.

#40 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

Candlejack from Freakazoid was pretty bonkers, too.

#41 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

The Noid from Dominos

#42 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:11 PM

I try to pretend that Beast Machines never happened. I watched the first season of it and that was enough for me. No idea how it ended. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com