259 replies to this topic

#201 Ralph

Ralph

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

your thread is like the best custom thread ever! always in awe when you post a new TMNT custom and also a kick in my ass not doing some customs as well!

#202 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

man...this is like the never ending page!

here's a few new minis :)

they are available for sale in the Got Toys section:
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=161740

A Winner is You!
Posted Image

here are some customized m.u.s.c.l.e. figures from the 80's that i made in the likeness of one of my all time favorite NES games, Pro Wrestling! in this lot all seven characters are here.
King Slender
Kin Corn Karn
Giant Panther
The Amazon
Fighter Hayabusa
Star Man
and the End Boss, Great Puma

you can find more info on this awesome game here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Wrestling_(Nintendo_Entertainment_System)

here is a customized TMNT Leatherhead (or just a cool little alligator if you're not into TMNT). i trimmed off some un needed parts and sculpted a new snout and little scale trail down his back.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

your thread is like the best custom thread ever! always in awe when you post a new TMNT custom and also a kick in my ass not doing some customs as well!

yay, FINALLY on page 9!!! man is page 8 looooong.

wow, thanks for the vote of confidence man! those are really kind words. i have another TMNT custom coming in the next week or two so check back :)
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#203 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

just finished up a m.u.s.c.l.e. style Goro from Mortal Kombat :) i sculpted his little pony tail. he's also available if anyone wants him.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#204 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

that's awesome!

#205 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

That's way too cool! Mega mad points on that one.

#206 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

thanks guys :D

#207 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

out of all the artists who've worked the IDW turtles, Andy Kuhn's rendition has been by far the most stylized. some like his style and some do not, but because of it's uniqueness, it will easily be one of the most remembered.

personally, i dig his style. the flesh heavy wrists and ankles along with his chiseled inking style, comes together for a really cool look. not to mention that he has a knack for laying out fantastic action scenes! this custom was really a lot of fun to make. thanks for looking :)

Andy Kuhn style Donatello
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

reference
Posted Image

wips
Posted Image
Posted Image

#208 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

A while back on DeviantArt I saw a really cool TMNT redesign.  I liked it so much that I commissioned the guy for a TMNT drawing.  This guy is fantastic!  Not only did he blow my commission out of the water, but he is currently running full art duties on a hot new comic from Dark Horse called, Amala's Blade*.   His Name is Mike Dialynas and he is a major talent who hails from Greece.  I was so inspired by his work that I decided to make a Mikey figure in his style :)

Mike Dialynas style Mikey
md1_zps562787b8.jpg
md4_zps17010d5f.jpg
md3_zpsd3226252.jpg
md6_zpsfd8071d9.jpg
md5_zps6b8c8b23.jpg

Ref
Reference_zpse26f50a5.png

Wips
wip1-6_zps2a8eb863.jpg
wip2-3_zps60a4c314.jpg

*I picked up the first couple of issues of Amala's Blade and loved everything about it!  If steampunk, techpunk, ghosts, pirates, and sword slaying action sounds cool to you, than you gotta check out this book!
http://www.darkhorse...-Dialynas-cover

#209 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

I know many of you probably dont really care too much about the Ninja Turtles, but I'll keep posting my work here anyway incase anyone is actually interested in checking it out.  i'll have some more minis up sooner or later...i promis:P 

IDW just launched a new arch in the TMNT series entitled "City Fall".  Well if the following issues are as exciting as the last than we are in for an epic treat!  Mateus Santolouco is running art duties on City Fall and is killing it!  He recently revealed the final cover art for one of the books which shows a redesigned Leo.  That Leo was so gnarly looking that I had to put in action figure form.  This was my longest custom to date.  It took me about 22 man hours from start to finish.  Sooooo many accessories...took me longer than I thought, but it was fun :)

Props to Tom Waltz and Kevin Eastman for a truly fantastic story!  It's going to be epic!

dl1_zps47abf3a2.jpg
dl2_zpsdafac3a1.jpg
dl3_zpsb079cb30.jpg
dl4_zps360bbcd6.jpg
dl5_zpse6ce4941.jpg
dl6_zpscb04e811.jpg

ref
darkleo1_zps8835294e.jpg

wips
wip2-3_zps91794c25.jpg
wip3-2_zps8e9413bb.jpg

#210 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

wow. loving these tmnt!!!! 

#211 Er0k26

Er0k26

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

I know many of you probably dont really care too much about the Ninja Turtles, but I'll keep posting my work here anyway incase anyone is actually interested in checking it out. i'll have some more minis up sooner or later...i promis:P IDW just launched a new arch in the TMNT series entitled "City Fall". Well if the following issues are as exciting as the last than we are in for an epic treat! Mateus Santolouco is running art duties on City Fall and is killing it! He recently revealed the final cover art for one of the books which shows a redesigned Leo. That Leo was so gnarly looking that I had to put in action figure form. This was my longest custom to date. It took me about 22 man hours from start to finish. Sooooo many accessories...took me longer than I thought, but it was fun :)Props to Tom Waltz and Kevin Eastman for a truly fantastic story! It's going to be epic!dl1_zps47abf3a2.jpgdl2_zpsdafac3a1.jpgdl3_zpsb079cb30.jpgdl4_zps360bbcd6.jpgdl5_zpse6ce4941.jpgdl6_zpscb04e811.jpgrefdarkleo1_zps8835294e.jpgwipswip2-3_zps91794c25.jpgwip3-2_zps8e9413bb.jpg

So Awesome!!!

Edited by Er0k26, 07 June 2013 - 06:25 AM.

#212 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Little Pieces of Art by PlasticPlayhouse

Some of you might already know I'm a great fan of Rick's work and that I've done a couple of projects with him. His skills are so impressive that if I'd had to choose I'd even let my rarest LB go in favor of those little pieces of art made by PlasticPlayhouse, think that says it all. To be honest I've never been a real big fan of customs but with skilled people out here who can give damaged or worn figures a complete new look its just the magical twist that does it.

I've promissed Rick a couple of times to make him some good pics of the customs he did for me but since some have been stored in the US for a while I wanted to await with this so I could picture them all at once.

Here are some pieces of Art made by PlasticPlayhouse that belong to my personal collection;

killer-whale.gif

atlantic-puffin.gif

snow-panther.gif

seahorse.gif

So far these figures are not part of any additional project yet but I still have some plans. Rick did another project with me as well including a couple more customs but since these are still part of a project that's still running I can't say or show much more of them for now.

To me this is what BB art looks like and I hope I'll get the chance to add some more PlasticPlayhouse made customs to my personal collection.

Thanks Rick!

Edited by GJNL, 13 June 2013 - 03:16 PM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#213 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Those are beautiful!

#214 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Wow... Simply, wow. Some of the best customs around!

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#215 ersico

ersico

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

wow.   stunning work as usual.  love all the details! :) 

#216 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

thanks for the kind words everyone :D  wow GJ, those rotating photos are great!  I wish I could take photos like that.  both my camera and my photo taking skills suck.  i'm happy you like all of your stuff.  it was fun making them :)

#217 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Beautiful stuff plastic!

#218 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Brilliant Rick!! I love the arcade, I found a guy who makes those perfect size and they fit most figures perfect!!

#219 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

That is a sexy ass seahorse.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#220 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

thanks for all the kind words guys :D

here is a fully sculpted Utrom (TMNT) that i made.  it's about 1" x 1"  i'm having a bunch of flesh casts made of it so i can display them with my NECA TMNT  and have my own Utrom army :D

IMAG0419_zps70ef5b95.jpg
IMAG0420_zps2d317afe.jpg

this one's a little older.  i've been super swamped over the past few months so i havent been posting all that much :(

Charles P. Wilson III style Splinter

this was without a doubt the most challenging tmnt custom yet.  maybe because it's my first attempt at splinter or maybe because Charles' style was just a tough one to try and mimic.  in the end i think it turned out ok.  i modeled it after the sketch he provided me.  splinter's look in the comic varied from cover to interior and the profile was a little inconsistent with the other perspectives; many of them being angled which made it difficult to translate to the third dimension.  i love CPWIII's style and i really hope he gets to grace us with more of his fantastic art :)

s6-1_zps9ebdca9c.jpg
s9_zps6f5b4578.jpg
s8-1_zps339aa0f8.jpg
s11_zps7b84e064.jpg
s3-1_zps2da981c6.jpg
s2-1_zps46325ea7.jpg

reference
ref_zpsedf0be45.jpg

wips
wip2_zps710a703d.jpg
wip3_zpsb0e9bcc0.jpg

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 23 September 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#221 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

Angela (AKA AMP, Meadowknight)

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Those are all looking very pro :)...now I'm tempted to paint some muscles & battle Beasts too...ugg..not enough time in the day! I'll never understand how anyone can ever get bored, lol.

#222 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

thanks angela :)

here is a commission that i've been working on for a while now.  finally had the chance to finish it up :)  while it's not every NFL team, its all but a few.

bears, panthers, cardinals, redskins, steelers
nfl5_zps9cbff20d.jpg

dolphins away, dolphins home, eagles, ravens
nfl1_zpsb1542384.jpg

raiders, texans, colts, jetts
nfl2_zpsd46419e0.jpg

bills, browns, rams, seahawks
nfl3_zpsc79267f7.jpg

packers, bengals, lions, 49rs
nfl4_zps8bdd9401.jpg

#223 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

some recent commissions...

roy bot, split kit, and valerie vomit

RoyBotSplitKitValVomit1_zpsbb966946.jpg

RoyBotSplitKitValVomit2_zps7cedad04.jpg

some keshi

keshi1_zps4bedeb60.jpg

keshi3_zpsf16c3e1d.jpg

Hun (IDW style TMNT) 7" action figure

h6_zps48927a64.jpg

h3_zps32468f83.jpg

h1_zpse8890214.jpg

Cyborg Donatello

cd1_zps8ef5f10e.jpg

cd2_zpsd2cee6b9.jpg

cd3_zpsafceb418.jpg

krang #1

U1_zps94b33474.jpg

krang #2 (Eric Talbot style) 1 inch big.

u4_zpsd43a9cee.jpg

#224 Er0k26

Er0k26

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Simply beautiful!

#225 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

thanks Er0k26!

here's a couple more.  kinnikuman was a commission, the others were just for fun :)

kinnikuman_zpsf5ef94cd.jpg

these little guys are available for $15 each (Turbo has sold) or $20 for both + $3 shipping.  international shipping will be more. 

GalacticGauntlet_zps1dd1f1eb.jpg

GalacticGauntlet2_zpsdc5c1f0c.jpg

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 12 November 2013 - 08:14 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com