#26 instant_karma

instant_karma

Scammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

yeti? which one is that? :ermm:

You know the yeti, kind of like big foot but white.

oops sorry, ur trying to say yeti as per normal beasts rite? not related to battle beasts character?

cus BB dunt have yeti character :)
INSTANT KARMA IS A SCAMMER!

#27 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

yeti? which one is that? :ermm:

That ain't a Battle Beast ya Goofball ! :)

#28 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:31 AM

yeti? which one is that? :)

I can't stand El Chupacabra, man what a lame beast. :ermm:

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 07 May 2007 - 08:31 AM.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#29 johnnyrockwell

johnnyrockwell

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Worst = http://www.beastform..._images/076.jpg

#30 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Worst = http://www.beastform..._images/076.jpg

Whaa?! You don't like Dr. Zaius? I love his color scheme, his weapon, his totally mechanical arm vs. the organic and his likeness.

If I had to pick a beast I hate, it would be Squire Squirrel. Other than that, there's few I dislike.

#31 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

I don't like quite a few, simply because they don't make for intimidating animals. The rabbit, the duck, the cow and pig. I don't like the dogs or the squirrel either. When I think of "battle beasts" I think of something fearsome of which none of the aforementioned really fit the bill.

I love all the lizards/reptiles/amphibians. I also love a lot of the ones people in here hate.

Also, I hate the purple/pink paint schemes on some of them. Who on earth decided that pink armour would strike fear into the hearts of the enemy?? Unless they designed those guys with the purpose of dying first.

Most importantly, I want to love the grizzly bear. But his stance makes him look like he's getting ready to drop a deuce and that makes it hard for me to take the figure seriously.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#32 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

Most importantly, I want to love the grizzly bear. But his stance makes him look like he's getting ready to drop a deuce and that makes it hard for me to take the figure seriously.

That's a good call. IMO he's the worst sculpt in the series. Bad stance, simplistic armor and a bad facial expression.

#33 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Run Amuck Duck......

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#34 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

For me, the gorilla is least favourite. That was the first one I ever got too, found discarded in the street, so someone else obviously didn't care for him either. It's not awful, just boring. Boring design, boring colour scheme.

How can anyone not like the duck, it's hilarious.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#35 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Its crazy how different our opinions can differ in this thread. Someone mentioned Delta Chameleon being their least favorite, and Coelcanth, you dislike Grizzly Bear. Both of those two are in my top five favorite battle beasts. Chameleon is my absolute favorite battle beast, and was my single favorite toy growing up. I love the head sculpt, and something about his armor design and stance always made him look very heroic. He seemed strong, yet quick and agile. I have always had him as the heroic, noble leader of my good BBs. It was only just 8 or 9 years ago when I realized that they intended him to be one of the main bad guys. I just ignored that, and have always kept him as my leader.

The bear I also really love, and he is second in command to Chameleon. He's a rough, northern warrior that is exceptionally loyal, but sometimes he can be too hotheaded, and he's quick to react violently to defend his homeland. I can admit that it's probably the in depth story for him that has me liking his figure so much. His sculpt does leave a bit to be desired. But I still love him. So much so, that I have been making other custom Bear battle beasts, as I am currently wanting to represent the main characters in his bear northlanders clan. I'll post some pics soon.

I'll admit that Triple Threat Snake is pretty goofy looking. My wife always makes fun of him. But I still love him, to the point that i have a massive army numbering over a hundred, multiple greek and mexican versions, custom casts, custom kitbashes, etc...

While I love all the beasts, even the goofy ones, there are certainly some that I perhaps don't like as much as others. Primarily some of the ones from Series 3. It looked like they were trying to push the limits of the basic design of a Battle Beast, and were trying to make some of them a bit different, with varying results.

Diving Duckbill - I love the idea of him having a snorkle and goggles, but the rest of the figure just feels odd to me. That second hand that's not a hand just doesn't feel right to me.

Zealot Zebra - He just feels like a random collection of armor parts. Neither of his arms match the body or each other. And each leg is slightly different. When I would play with my battle beasts when we were kids, if one our favorite battle beasts would lose an arm, we would borrow an arm from a less liked battle beast to make our favorite more complete again. That's what looks like happened to Zebra. His arms were broken, and someone had an extra arm from one beast and another from a completely different beast. Yet that's the way they meant for him to look. Baffling.

Ossified Orangutang - This one's a tough one. Because I actually LOVE his torso sculpt. I think the armor he wears and his heft makes him look like a smart but formidable warrior. It's just the arms for me. Man I hate those arms. I just don't like the idea of the skinny, unarmored arm combined with the completely robotic left arm. Because of this, he sort of feels like how I feel about Zebra's arms. On an extra Orangutang that I had with out arms, I put Ferocious Tiger's arms on him, and now I love the figure.

#36 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Eager Beaver. Hate it.

Ironic cause I'm Canadian.

#37 Edrixx

Edrixx

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Series 2 always gets a bad wrap. I actually remember series 2 the most from my childhood so I'm a fan of all of them.

I'd say my least favorite are:
Frenzied Flamingo
Ardent Aardvark
Ossified Orangutan

#38 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I don't like the horse, because really, he's just boring and unnecessary. The zebra is up there too, mostly because I always felt that one of his arms was under-sized. The bear is one I avoided buying, just because its an animal with so much potential and it was completely wasted on this figure. Otherwise I really loved most of the designs on these guys, although I definitely favored the early figures that came in the two-packs.
And I pretty much think all of the LB figures look like crap, with the exception of a couple. They just always looked like knock off figures to me and didn't have the same quality as the BB. And the giant rifles are stupid. That could have a little to do with nostalgia and the fact that I never bought any as a kid, but I just really don't like them.

#39 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

For me, with my OCD, I always hated the beasts that didn't make sense. A white lion, a white gator, a purple elephant, a black turtle, an unspotted giraffe, a all white zebra.

So when my friend needed money, I had him paint them up to correct them. Can't say there was a beast i hated (although if I had to I'd say Tyrant). But the colors of the animals and lack of attention to detail drove me nuts. I was convinced since I was a kid that a purple elephant had to exist.

#40 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

My most hated Battle Beasts are not made by Hasbro or Takara.

I think they might be made by Lego, because they kind of look like that.

#41 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

And I pretty much think all of the LB figures look like crap, with the exception of a couple. They just always looked like knock off figures to me and didn't have the same quality as the BB. And the giant rifles are stupid. That could have a little to do with nostalgia and the fact that I never bought any as a kid, but I just really don't like them.

Blasphemy!!!! :aggressive:

#42 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

I was waiting for that! I know its definitely an unpopular opinion around here but as much as I tried to like them I just can't. I can't really describe it, and I imagine nostalgia may play a part since I never owned LB as a kid, but something about them seems off to me. But hey, more for the rest of you, right?! :lol:

#43 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I can't stand the skunk. I could never figure out why he would wear a gas mask for his own stink? The platypus was really goofy looking and I never really liked the pirate lion as a kid.

#44 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

I cant say any have bugged me or that ive hated any. But i do think the Flamingo is ridiculous.

#45 Edrixx

Edrixx

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

"Blasphemy," haha. I'd say that 'most of the first 12 LB's look like crap' is a fair statement.

#46 salazar4id

salazar4id

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Around for any RARE Laser Beasts.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Orangutan sucked sorry pretty dumb beast unless he was the smart scientist/ engineer.

Worst Battle beast of all is the Flamingo... No muscle stupid Ear muffs and aren't his boots what Greeks use to wear back in the day.?

#47 2focusd

2focusd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I think my least favorites are:

Pixelated Pointer (looks like a poor design/color scheme)
Musky Ox (the Donald Trump of Battle Beasts)
Frenzied Flamingo (lame, plus he's dwarfed by the others)

And I think my favorites are:

Pirate Lion (the only thing cooler than a random lion is a random white lion wearing an eyepatch that's called a pirate, haha)
Crusty Crab (just an awesome sculpt to me)
Icky Iguana (I love the color scheme and always have)
Octillion Octopus (another absolutely awesome sculpt)
Cutthroat Cuttlefish (probably my favorite BB name of all, plus it's just a sweet looking character)
Slasher Seahorse (another great name/color scheme greatness combo)

There are quite a few others that I like, but I wouldn't call them my favorites, but overall there are much more that I like versus ones that I don't like. I don't even remember Laser Beasts when I was a kid and had no intention of buying them because most of them just don't look that exciting to me, but of course I've just managed to score Spark Shark in a lot of about 5 others that only cost me $20 for the set, so now I fear that I'll have to eventually nab the rest of them too, haha.

-Brian

#48 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Least favorite beasts:
Colonel bird is a turd.
The turtle with a capital TURDle - just cuz I've tried and tried to find one with good paint.,they all suck.
The pillaging polar bear , he doesent look like he could pillage anything , let alone survive in the wild.
Skunk - because he's not even skunk colored . Wtf
Zebra - same reason , needed to be stripped like a real zebra with armor.
And this last one I actually like.. But the b.s. surrounding the weapon makes me hate him.. The penguin. Did he come with both weapons? Or is there a weapon varient? I'm about to paint a toothpick and call it good ..
Brown chicken , brown cow

#49 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Colonel Bird doesn't stand up so I hate him. I know it is against the rules to say, but the laser beasts could have been better. Even the names I'm not fond of on the LB. Still not stopping me from chasing a whole set though!

#50 PuertoricanLion

PuertoricanLion

All hail Lord MEGATRON !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast / Transformers G1/Vintage Gi jo.And wierd monster

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

Haha I dont hate or even dislike any ,I imagine that the Battle beast like transformers before the great war on cybertron Almost non of the transformers were warriors .I imagine the same on planet beast i like to think that the beast had regular lives Before Aligatortron Wen all Decepticon on the planet.U now the flamingo an artist the pig and cow farmers .The rino head of the army,and the lions iner council Bird tiger and deer .Id love to make a comic about that.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com