#1 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

This popped up in the Battle Beasts facebook page that has a few guys on it. No idea if this is a true variant or not, but figured someone on here would know or would be willing to do the legwork to figure it out!

Attached File  bb variant.jpg   66.25K   34 downloads

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#2 Flashbax

Flashbax

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Head writer/editor for ToyRobot Magazine

Owner at Flashbax Toy Store

Transformers, Transforming robots, Godzilla, Dino Riders, D&D

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:59 AM

I would say sun faded; think I've seen several slight color variants over the years. hard to tell without seeing it in person.

Just a dude that loves collecting

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:16 AM

Seen this coming by as well the past week and most likely its a discoloration of some kind.

So easy way to tell is to pull the arms out and see if the pegs on the end of each arm are the same color as the whole arm, if not the discoloration issue is confirmed....

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:47 AM

sun faded; probably amplified in the photo by wonky white balance.

The only "variant" I know of on danger dog is the factory error with the missed yellow applications I saw somewhere. another "black faced gorilla", if you will.

Edited by bachamn, 06 February 2015 - 07:48 AM.

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

Looked into some of the Dog I have overhere and I also found out that there´s a more dark and lighter skin version of this dog, no discoloration just a shade difference of the skin color most likley causing the armor color to be a little different as well since its painted over a slightly different skin base color. Does this mean its a "variant" NOPE, at least not for me because we´ve been in discussions about variant Carps, Bison, etc... to often so I´m not starting this again. Slight shade differences are just common issues within a line that´s been sold and produced in several countries in the world so there´s nothing weird, stange or "variant" like about that. If you want you can find differences like these for every Battle Beast ever made so for those who tend to believe this is a true "variant" good luck with finding the others ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

The BDC Spanish dog has different colored bits, but this does not look like one. 

#7 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:39 AM

The BDC Spanish dog has different colored bits, but this does not look like one. 

This has nothing to do with the BDC and I think its an issue/topic that should be thrown on the big pile of slight shade differences that´ve been thought being variants.

For the record this is the color difference of the Dog I had over here, mentioned in a repy above.

Attached File  DSC_0112~2(1).jpg   96.92K   0 downloads

Is it a Variant? NO. Is it differen? YES. Is it different enough to consider it someting special and hold it back? MAYBE...... I actually had this one standing amongst the Dogs I had in stock so I obviously didn´t pay to much attention to it. 

The point is that when you start holding back figures like these simply because they´re slightly different than the normal ones your collection will instantly double if not triple itself due to all the slight variations that can be found amongst all Beasts out there. A complex topic that needs to be solved some day but for now its just a never ending story and we can wait for the next ´rare´ variant to show up soon....

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#8 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

Have you noticed that series 1 has a tone of these slight differences but 2 and 3 don't have many at all?

#9 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:18 AM

Why is this a complex topic though? Variance in manufacturing seems pretty straight-forward to me. I doubt we will ever get any more specific detail than that, unless an ex-Takara factory employee responsible for ordering and mixing the plastic dyes decides to join the board and fill us in. ;)

I'm more interested in what the reasoning was for the legitimate variants since the differences are so much more substantial.

Edited by bachamn, 15 February 2015 - 05:18 AM.

#10 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

Have you noticed that series 1 has a tone of these slight differences but 2 and 3 don't have many at all?

This is something that most likely has to do with the fact that Series 1 was the most wide spread and thus some might have been produced in other factories resulting in slight differences.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#11 ConPHuSioN

ConPHuSioN

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

I am the owner of this Danger Dog. I am new to the group. But I have 7 different photos of this dog INCLUDING a removed arm to prove its not sun faded. I may be new to this community but I've handled a few beasts. I do not know how to get the photos on here but I amore than happy to email photos or hit me up on IG @officialbsttlebeastsofig. It's intriguing none the less. The photo taken from my post was a room light nothing wonky. Cheers.

#12 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

If the color is consistant on the figure its probably not a sun fade, but I'd just chalk it up to production variations.

A variant figure, to me, suggests that the visual difference of the figure is the result of an intentional production decision to modify the color of the paint or plastic of a figure for a significant portion of the production run, meaning they may be rarer but there are still a lot of them and they are consistently colored. Varying hues like this are not uncommon, even though this is a drastic example, but most likely they are due to unintentional variations in paint mixing across factories and runs during production.

Also just wanted to make a note since I keep seeing mentions of what kind of light was used to take a photo...this alone ultimately doesn't really tell us anything. White balance and color saturation are controlled by the camera. A "room light" could be incandescent, fluorescent, halogen, etc., if you dont provide the temperature of the light its null. If you use "auto" white balance in addition to ommiting the light temp, then there's not a lot of certainty remaining at all. Even photos taken in "natural sunlight" can be incorrectly balanced. Not to say anything about this particular photo btw, it seems fine, just something to consider for other situations.

Edited by bachamn, 19 February 2015 - 11:00 PM.

#13 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

This popped up in the Battle Beasts facebook page that has a few guys on it. No idea if this is a true variant or not, but figured someone on here would know or would be willing to do the legwork to figure it out!
Real cool and real figure

bb variant.jpg

#14 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

My "blue danger dog variant" sold to me last week. Not altered or painted or any tampering.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com