#1 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

http://www.entertain...AA#.URIoKWfVGz4

i laugh at this, anybody wanna chuckle with me?

p.s. yes i hope i have to eat crow on making fun of that. i'd love to see them get that far up into the series.

#2 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JK60282AA#.URIoKWfVGz4

p.s. yes i hope i have to eat crow on making fun of that. i'd love to see them get that far up into the series.

I'm tired of Zombies. I want Aliens & Monsters.

#3 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Wow, and the date is November 2013. Seems unlikely, but you never know I guess. I'd also much rather see them do something different (monsters, aliens) than have it go quite that many series of zombies. But I'd probably still be buying them even at series 10.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#4 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

I'll keep buying if they keep making them. Cool to see the retail prices coming down too. I don't get the point of the blind packs anymore unless the ones coming up include chase figures and not just the ones you get doubles of between the 3 and 12 packs.

It would be nice to see another run of series 1 in the stores or online if they aren't giving up on them. The people in charge of the line have to know there is still a big demand for series 1.

#5 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

I'll keep buying if they keep making them. Cool to see the retail prices coming down too. I don't get the point of the blind packs anymore unless the ones coming up include chase figures and not just the ones you get doubles of between the 3 and 12 packs.

It would be nice to see another run of series 1 in the stores or online if they aren't giving up on them. The people in charge of the line have to know there is still a big demand for series 1.

I agree with everything you said.

I don't want random assortments UNLESS there are rare chase figures. Otherwise i hate the idea of buying TONS of doubles especially when i end up getting these online most of the time.

I have series 1 but i know lots of people who don't so a re-release would be great. There is no reason not to do it. People who have the first series and don't want it to come back out are just mean :lol:

#6 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I agree with everything you said.

I don't want random assortments UNLESS there are rare chase figures. Otherwise i hate the idea of buying TONS of doubles especially when i end up getting these online most of the time.

I have series 1 but i know lots of people who don't so a re-release would be great. There is no reason not to do it. People who have the first series and don't want it to come back out are just mean :lol:

i agree with everything both of you guys said. i honestly hate blind packs, but thought i was in the minority. i hate wasting dollars dollars dollars on doubles/triples...that's what has happened with the new gi joe micro force for me grrrrrr.

also, geez there's people that have series 1 that hopes it doesnt get rereleased? that is terrible. i have spares of wave 1, but they are parts of sets for me, but i wish everyday they'd come out with more, because i'm just idiot enough to like to build two more sets one day.

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

I have no interest in any more zombies. No more pigeon toed figures, please... Monsters and aliens, and please don't let them just mo9re more pop-culture pastiches.

#8 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

i agree with everything both of you guys said. i honestly hate blind packs, but thought i was in the minority. i hate wasting dollars dollars dollars on doubles/triples...that's what has happened with the new gi joe micro force for me grrrrrr.

also, geez there's people that have series 1 that hopes it doesnt get rereleased? that is terrible. i have spares of wave 1, but they are parts of sets for me, but i wish everyday they'd come out with more, because i'm just idiot enough to like to build two more sets one day.

I'll buy your GI Joe Micro Force doubles! Haven't been able to find these in stores in my area.

I've never seen blind bag SLUGS... only 3-packs and coffins and never Series 1. I'd love a re-issue of Series 1.

#9 JetEyeNight

JetEyeNight

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I have no interest in any more zombies. No more pigeon toed figures, please... Monsters and aliens, and please don't let them just mo9re more pop-culture pastiches.

How else do you expect zombies to walk? It would be cool if they made some crawling zombies though.

#10 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Agreed - I loved series 1 and I'm lucky enough to own a full set, but some of the later figures were ropey to say the least. They need to pull monsters out of the bag next, but what can they show us that MIMP hasn't ha :thumbsup:

#11 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Agreed - I loved series 1 and I'm lucky enough to own a full set, but some of the later figures were ropey to say the least. They need to pull monsters out of the bag next, but what can they show us that MIMP hasn't ha :thumbsup:

I think it would be interesting if the did some really cool original monster designs, not necessarily mythology-based. That would help make sure it doesn't come off as just a MIMP re-hash. And if they did do a monsters series I'd like to see them make each figure in at least a few different colors. I think that would add a bit more excitement to SLUG...I know green is pretty much the only color that made sense for zombies, but I'd hate to see them stick to all one color for monsters or aliens.

Of course, all wishful thinking at this point. :)

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

How else do you expect zombies to walk? It would be cool if they made some crawling zombies though.

Well there is the lumber, the Chaney leg drag... There are lots of variations of the zombie walk.

#13 JetEyeNight

JetEyeNight

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I think it would be interesting if the did some really cool original monster designs, not necessarily mythology-based. That would help make sure it doesn't come off as just a MIMP re-hash. And if they did do a monsters series I'd like to see them make each figure in at least a few different colors. I think that would add a bit more excitement to SLUG...I know green is pretty much the only color that made sense for zombies, but I'd hate to see them stick to all one color for monsters or aliens.

Of course, all wishful thinking at this point. :)

I wouldn't mind a MIMP re-hash to be honest. I wouldn't mind them experimenting with some different rubbers/plastics. Different colors would be great for sure.

#14 PlasticVisage

PlasticVisage

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:My wife, kids, art, movies, & anything else that interests me for more than ten seconds. I love action figures of all types & sizes. I grew up on Ninja Turtles (by Playmates), Batman (Kenner), Marvel (Toybiz), and I'm a product of the 80's & 90's. I am currently buying mostly 2 inch scale & some Marvel stuff in 3 3/4 or 6 inch. I am also a painter & sculptor when I need to pay for fun things like bills & food. Strange toys make me smile

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JK60282AA#.URIoKWfVGz4

I've been pestering Jakks & having everyone I know email them for Months and it seems like they listened. The first several Emails were ignored and then I was told that they would send my comments to the right people. Finally, they said they were continuing the line. Yay! My sons & friends will be pleased along with myself. Sweet! Persistence seems to have worked. They can't really promise the consumer 100 figures and then cancel...it's false advertising. I'm glad, because I love the nostalgia of these toys, but I also appreciate how well made they are. I am a sculptor myself and I appreciate the feel of the plastic and the intricate details. I really wanted McGrath, Popeye, and others for myself. My son eats Spinach because he's now three and he thinks Popeye is awesome. I want the tire Zombie, The Dead (The Dude from Big Labowski), and Charles Bronson, Ben Franklin, and all of them really. I wish I could find series 1. :( I want to find a full set for my sons to share, because they are good with toys and I mostly like the historical ones and the live hunters myself.

#15 resfirma

resfirma

Res Firma Mitescere Nescit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

I have to admit... I am so addicted to these. I love the pop culture references and the sculpts. I still need the 4 tough figures from series 1 and I will be right there for any more they make. :rolleyes:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com