150 replies to this topic

#151 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Well, that's just a case of preference, and personally, I did like "this old man" for a way that he refers to himself.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com