• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:11 PM

https://www.ebay.com...an/164177019676

I bet a bunch of people have done the same, but just in case, maybe I can save you some trouble. I asked the seller if it was hard plastic or soft rubber and they replied almost immediately that it is rubbery.

Attached File  ebay.png   212.77K   20 downloads

Thank you

#2 atilary

atilary

Super spy wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Glyos, 80s and early 90s toys and cartoons, comics, reading, D&D

Posted 27 April 2020 - 08:51 PM

This guy's a piece of work. He clearly knows it's kinkeshi since he has other kinkeshi listed and identified as such.

#3 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 09:05 PM

I could tell it was a Keshi right away.

It sold already.

hope the buyer knew what they were buying.

Edited by Krangala, 27 April 2020 - 09:04 PM.

#4 atilary

atilary

Super spy wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Glyos, 80s and early 90s toys and cartoons, comics, reading, D&D

Posted 28 April 2020 - 06:03 AM

And he's back!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164177836335

Edited by atilary, 28 April 2020 - 06:03 AM.

#5 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:35 AM

For whatever it is worth:

When I saw the listing I sent a message asking if it was hard plastic or soft rubber. She answered very quickly that it was rubber. She asked what the difference was, so I sent an explanation of the distinction between kinkeshi and M.U.S.C.L.E. and some backstory on what makes BHS special. I was careful to state that BHS is only a big deal if it is made of M.U.S.C.L.E. material.

She thanked me and asked what she should price it at given the explanation I sent. She claimed that she inherited a bunch of MUSCLEs when her brother died and was trying to figure it all out.

I tried to give her some advice that included references to stuff sold on Japanese sites. I was very careful not to actually link to anything or say the wrong thing, given eBay's policies, but apparently I was not careful enough because eBay blocked my message.

I *think* she may have changed some of the titles of her auctions, because I don't remember them using the words "rubber" or "kinkeshi" before. I'm not certain though as I didn't look too hard at the others. As others have noted, she did use the word "kinnikuman" and knew the names of a couple of the characters, so there was some research done.

Thank you

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:02 AM

She messaged me on Instagram not too long ago... And wanted to know about some figures. I gave her a rundown on muscle and kinkeshi. She asked about certain figures and why certain ones were worth more.
She seemed to understand the difference after I talked to her.

She showed me pictures of other figures, a good XAR, as well as a lot of custom Gpk figures. Including some I casted up.

She said she inherited them from her brother who passed away.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com