• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Dr. Slump? You do realize that it crossed over with early Dragon Ball, and kind of set their power levels at roughly the Red Ribbon saga. Not the "blow up a glaaxy with a gesture" silliness that came later.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Dr. Slump? You do realize that it crossed over with early Dragon Ball, and kind of set their power levels at roughly the Red Ribbon saga. Not the "blow up a glaaxy with a gesture" silliness that came later.

I know. And while the Dr. Slump universe may not be as impressive in the "fireworks" department, Arale has everyone in the DragonBall universe beat in terms of sheer physical feats. One of her most impressive feats is that she cracked/split the planet earth in half with one punch (and casually at that). She punched someone all the way to another planet. She got smacked across the earth by a dude who just destroyed a moon with physical strength and returned in seconds. With blinding speed, she knocked someone from the earth to venus, the sun, and mercury. Subsequently, she then jumped and caused the planet earth to smash downward into Venus. Arale has quickly ran around the earth multiple times in less than 1 second. She's cracked the moon in half with a casual jab. The list goes on and on.

Yes, Dragon Ball characters are ridiculously powerful, but they really don't compare with Arale.

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I think there is a fundamental problem with even having this conversation, as all of their respective universes have vastly different laws of physics. You'd almost have to try to find the lowest common denominator, to even set the arena. Also, as mentioned before, which Superman are you talking about, even?
As for Arale, that entire series was hyperbolic, for comedic purposes. By that logic, Wyle E. Coyote trumps them all, because he's practically effing unkillable.

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Arale cracked the earth with a punch! Frieza vaporized whole planets with a finger, and by the end of the series everybody had outclassed him so much that the kids could take him down with one punch. Broly vaporized a galaxy instantly, and he ended up outclassed well before the endgame, too.

It's not fair to compare Dragon Ball Z to any other universe, because the whole point of it is that it's more over-the-top than anything else. It's like if a competant person had Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet (and didn't want to lose, like Thanos). It's just not a debate. You shrug, say "DBZ wins," and then cross it off from the list so you can compare universes that can compete with one another.

Edited by Ridureyu, 05 December 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Arale cracked the earth with a punch! Frieza vaporized whole planets with a finger, and by the end of the series everybody had outclassed him so much that the kids could take him down with one punch. Broly vaporized a galaxy instantly, and he ended up outclassed well before the endgame, too.

It's not fair to compare Dragon Ball Z to any other universe, because the whole point of it is that it's more over-the-top than anything else. It's like if a competant person had Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet (and didn't want to lose, like Thanos). It's just not a debate. You shrug, say "DBZ wins," and then cross it off from the list so you can compare universes that can compete with one another.

Yeah... I agree with this.

#6 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

As for Arale, that entire series was hyperbolic, for comedic purposes. By that logic, Wyle E. Coyote trumps them all, because he's practically effing unkillable.

It doesn't matter if Dr. Slump was exaggerated and comedic, the fact remains that those feats still stand because they actually happened. Wyle E. isn't a very good example here because while he may be a recurring villain that doesn't die, he hasn't encountered anything like what the aforementioned characters we're talking about can dish out.

#7 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

No it's not more over-the-top than anything else. I just provided you with examples on how Arale can waste the entire dragon ball cast. Before Frieza or whoever would try to even destroy the planet, Arale would already be in their faces and wipe the floor with them. Yes, her speed and power are that ridiculous to the point where DBZ characters are childs play for her. This has been discussed on other forums as well, and it's almost unanimously agreed on (I say almost because there are a few stubborn and ignorant DBZ fans that don't know about other universes) that Arale stomps the DBZ universe.

#8 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Broly effortlessly destroyed an entire galaxy at the beginning of one of the DBZ movies.

Show me where Arale topped that.

One of her most impressive feats is that she cracked/split the planet earth in half with one punch (and casually at that).

One of the weaker bad guys regulalry vaporizes planets with a single finger.

She punched someone all the way to another planet.

Weak child Goku sent people to the moon with a casual uppercut. Grownup goku (but still relatively weak compared to how he turned out in the end) easily tossed them into the sun.

She got smacked across the earth by a dude who just destroyed a moon with physical strength and returned in seconds.

DBZ people survive being on exploding planets fairly often, and on more than one occasion take attacks ot the face that "could destroy the whole solar system," and still stand.

With blinding speed, she knocked someone from the earth to venus, the sun, and mercury. Subsequently, she then jumped and caused the planet earth to smash downward into Venus.

Just like when Broly wiped out a whole galaxy with one quick attack!

Arale has quickly ran around the earth multiple times in less than 1 second. She's cracked the moon in half with a casual jab. The list goes on and on.

Goku can travel the length of the universe instantly due to one of his techniques. And the moon got blown up multiple times by weaklings.

Actually, wait, it's not worth arguing. You'll just say "DUIR DUR DUR SHE CRACKED DA PLANET ONCE" as proof that peopel who can vaproize galaxies are weaker, and back that up with "only stubborn and ignorant people disagree." Wow. Argument over.

Edited by Ridureyu, 05 December 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#9 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Broly effortlessly destroyed an entire galaxy at the beginning of one of the DBZ movies.

Actually, wait, it's not worth arguing. You'll just say "DUIR DUR DUR SHE CRACKED DA PLANET ONCE" as proof that peopel who can vaproize galaxies are weaker, and back that up with "only stubborn and ignorant people disagree." Wow. Argument over.

Broly isn't canon, so that shoots your example right out the window. Even if we account for his feats, he pales in comparison to DBZ's best which is still inferior to Dr. Slump's feats.

I don't know why you're throwing a fit over this. I can even show you scans of Dr. Slump with these ludicrous feats. And mind you Arale didn't even break a sweat with these feats; they were all casually done.

#10 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

How's come I never get to be the one to say "DUIR DUR DUR SHE CRACKED DA PLANET ONCE"?

And HOW DAREST THOU DISRESPECT THE WYLE E. COYOTE?

#11 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Arale was shown as being on par with characters in early-mid DBZ.... by the guy who created both series!

Now, show me where Akira Toriyama himself said that late-game DBZ, with those power levels, pales in comparison to the one little girl robot.... oh, WAIT! I remember her last cameo! She donated energy to GOku's final spirit bomb - and since the energy of ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY was needed to win, her contribution was viewed as no better than that of all the other random cameo appearances. If Arale were the most powerful character around, why didn't it go out of the way to show her contribution as meaning anything? She's cute and hilarious and really strong, but Dr. Slump was not designed with DBZ-excessiveness in mind.

#12 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

And HOW DAREST THOU DISRESPECT THE WYLE E. COYOTE?

I'm not disrespecting anyone. I'm just stating facts. Thank you.

#13 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Broly isn't canon, so that shoots your example right out the window. Even if we account for his feats, he pales in comparison to DBZ's best which is still inferior to Dr. Slump's feats.

I don't know why you're throwing a fit over this. I can even show you scans of Dr. Slump with these ludicrous feats. And mind you Arale didn't even break a sweat with these feats; they were all casually done.

#1. Wyle E. Coyote is effing immortal.
#2. You are fervently arguing about apples and oranges. It's silly, and caused me to giggle a bit.

#14 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

You haven't responded to any of the facts I states, so let me add another one:

Buu killed Arale.

Buu did the "Human Extinction Attack," which killed EVERY LIVING THING ON EARTH except:

A: People powerful enough to dodge it, and

B: Mr. Satan, because Buu liked him.

The only survivors of the attack were the people on Kami's lookout with Buu, Tenshinhan, and Mr. Satan. Period. everybody else died. This was directly stated.

Arale was not powerful enough to dodge the attack. Tenshinhan totally was.

#15 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Arale was shown as being on par with characters in early-mid DBZ.... by the guy who created both series!

Now, show me where Akira Toriyama himself said that late-game DBZ, with those power levels, pales in comparison to the one little girl robot.... oh, WAIT! I remember her last cameo! She donated energy to GOku's final spirit bomb - and since the energy of ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY was needed to win, her contribution was viewed as no better than that of all the other random cameo appearances. If Arale were the most powerful character around, why didn't it go out of the way to show her contribution as meaning anything? She's cute and hilarious and really strong, but Dr. Slump was not designed with DBZ-excessiveness in mind.

So making a cameo at a certain point in a series is indicative of that character's strength relative to the others much later on? That's gotta be some of the worst logic I've ever read. I expected better from you, Ridureyu. The author doesn't have to outright say these things (not that they would care to anyways) for us to understand something. You do know that NOT ALL of the energy was expended from every single being, right? You do know that Mystic Gohan, the strongest unfused character in the series, contributed only part of his energy to Goku's spirit bomb, right? It doesn't matter, anyways. Goku wouldn't have any time to produce his spirit bomb against Arale. And you're using this technique as an example as if it's within Goku's capabilities alone. He NEEDS the energy of other beings to unleash the spirit bomb; he himself doesn't have the capacity/power output to unleash something so powerful himself. For Arale, none of this is an issue.

#16 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm not disrespecting anyone. I'm just stating facts. Thank you.

It was a joke dude. Take a breath.

#17 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

So making a cameo at a certain point in a series is indicative of that character's strength relative to the others much later on? That's gotta be some of the worst logic I've ever read. I expected better from you, Ridureyu. The author doesn't have to outright say these things (not that they would care to anyways) for us to understand something. You do know that NOT ALL of the energy was expended from every single being, right? You do know that Mystic Gohan, the strongest unfused character in the series, contributed only part of his energy to Goku's spirit bomb, right? It doesn't matter, anyways. Goku wouldn't have any time to produce his spirit bomb against Arale. And you're using this technique as an example as if it's within Goku's capabilities alone. He NEEDS the energy of other beings to unleash the spirit bomb; he himself doesn't have the capacity/power output to unleash something so powerful himself. For Arale, none of this is an issue.

Buu killed Arale without any trouble, using an attack that even Tenshinhan and Chaozu could avoid. I've noticed you just ignore arguments that prove you wrong, as if they will suddenly go away.

#18 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

#1. Wyle E. Coyote is effing immortal.
#2. You are fervently arguing about apples and oranges. It's silly, and caused me to giggle a bit.

Immortal doesn't equal most powerful, I'm afraid. We're not arguing apples and oranges. Just because both universes are different doesn't mean we can't compare them. If you find it silly, don't reply or just ignore it. No one's forcing you to take part.

#19 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Buu killed Arale without any trouble, using an attack that even Tenshinhan and Chaozu could avoid. I've noticed you just ignore arguments that prove you wrong, as if they will suddenly go away.

So you're using survival as an indicator of strength now? You're grasping at straws, my friend. That's not how it works all the time. If you honestly believe Tien and Chaozu are stronger than Arale even after having been told of Arale's monstrous feats, well, I can't take you seriously then. I haven't ignored any of your arguments. They're facts, but so are my arguments. DBZ characters haven't replicated feats of speed and power on par with Arale. It's that simple. It's funny how I'm the only Arale advocate here. If we were on another forum, the flak you'd get would be immense to say the least.

#20 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Immortal doesn't equal most powerful, I'm afraid. We're not arguing apples and oranges. Just because both universes are different doesn't mean we can't compare them. If you find it silly, don't reply or just ignore it. No one's forcing you to take part.

Oh, I would find a Goku vs Superman or Kinnikuman vs Superman (which was the initial drive of the post, mind you)....
But in order to have that conversation, you first have to recognize that the universes that they exist in are different. The writers (or editors, in DC's case) have given their respective universes a set of laws to abide by. Marvel and DC have different laws, Kinnikuman and DBZ have different physics, and you can bet your ass that none of the four examples line up with each other. In order to have this debate, you have to be willing to lay some fairplay/ground rules. You clearly are not.
You would rather argue ad infinitum, to support a property that wasn't even suggested in the initial post.

#21 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

It was a joke dude. Take a breath.

I know you were being facetious. I was just stating facts. I don't take these debates to heart.

#22 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I just gave you facts. And one of the big indicators of strength is, "Wow, he survived that attack! He has a high power level!" Consistently, someone who is more powerful can survive attacks from a weaker person. Every time.

Those are facts. Now you're claiming that, even though Arale dies against avoidable attacks, and performs feats WEAKER than those of other DBZ characters, she is somehow stronger. I'm sorry. I've listed facts, even taking every one of your examples and showing STRONGER stuff, but you're like this guy:

Edited by Ridureyu, 05 December 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#23 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

So you're using survival as an indicator of strength now?

You know who else does that?
NATURE.

#24 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

So I was out in the yard.....

#25 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Oh, I would find a Goku vs Superman or Kinnikuman vs Superman (which was the initial drive of the post, mind you)....
But in order to have that conversation, you first have to recognize that the universes that they exist in are different. The writers (or editors, in DC's case) have given their respective universes a set of laws to abide by. Marvel and DC have different laws, Kinnikuman and DBZ have different physics, and you can bet your ass that none of the four examples line up with each other. In order to have this debate, you have to be willing to lay some fairplay/ground rules. You clearly are not.
You would rather argue ad infinitum, to support a property that wasn't even suggested in the initial post.

Obviously different universes have their respective set of laws/physics/what have you. That still doesn't exempt them from being compared to one another. I'm just stating facts from one series that trump those of another series. Not hard to comprehend.

DBZ is not the most over-the-top. That is a fact. There are characters from other universes that would make short work of them.

@Ridureyu- You have yet to refute anything I've told you. Until then, I'm far from being convinced by your arguments. You don't even know how to discern filler from canon material, for one thing. Oh well.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com