65 replies to this topic

#26 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 09:01 AM

It is kind of sad that so much money is going into muscles now

Yeah, I agree. It's kind of losing its appeal for me, because the prices are SO incredibly restrictive to normal shmoes like me, and things seem to be consentrating primarily around what MUSCLEs are "worth" in a monetary sense. :(

On the plus side, I do think that this is a sign that MUSCLE awareness and its fanbase are increasing... which is definitely good! B)

-Nathan

#27 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 09:16 AM

I sent an email to eBay to check out that auction for shill bidding, but beneblanco looks legit (has he paid yet forbes). He's been buying a TON of muscle crap lately. But you never know.

On a side note, those 17 packs, that one had S.C. in them, I emailed the lady before the auction ended to see if she still had 17 packs or if she was one short. Well she responded yesterday finally, and didn't answer my ? but instead asked if I had any for sale and wanted pictures....HMMM. I wonder what for? Hahaha.

Yeah, beneblanco is legit, he sent the payment for that lot of 52 M.U.S.C.L.E.s with the Satancross in it via Paypal a day after the auction. I am on my way to mail his winnings today. So he is a real bidder.

On another note, that lady that sold the 17 4-Packs does really have trouble answering questions in email. I must have emailed her 10 times with questions in every email, and never got any answers. Frusterating! :(

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#28 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 09:18 AM

I am also glad you didin't have to pay that much money on the purple hand doc. But something very weird went on with this auction. :(

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#29 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 09 September 2002 - 09:37 AM

On a side note, those 17 packs, that one had S.C. in them, I emailed the lady before the auction ended to see if she still had 17 packs or if she was one short.

She told me she had a whole box full of them, not exactly sure why she made an auction of only 17 why not 15, or ten, and nice rounded number, whatever the reason she told me she had several to spare. You guy are right about her not responding very well, I do have about 10 messages from her saved between my asking her if she had one, and her agreeing to sell it to me. I can post them or some of their content if you guys want. I do not want to talk too bad about her I feel I got an ok deal, but also feel she should have just put him for auction once she realised people would pay for it. My check is in the mail already, I hope she comes through. As for the glittered hand, I would probably feel less pinheaded for paying 150 for it than the purple one. The next purple hand auction belongs to beligerant, I have decided this after this one, however if he gets outbid and I still have time to snipe the shmuck who outbids him, then it is mine. I hope I get a pruple and a magenta in my colroed ten packs arriving today, maybe two so I can trade one for a buttload of cool stuff knowing how bad beligerant wants one ha ha. Anyways I am not too pissed, that was just a preview and proof that there is indeed purple hands out there, consider this one a rooster tease.

#30 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 09 September 2002 - 09:57 AM

Alls well that ends well.

So which is bigger now the ulte rare htf blue zord or the purple hand. :-D

Guess I need to go home and look at my 10 packs and 4 packs.

we could always set up an auction to see if yapiel and beneblanco429
will bid that high again. just set a really high reserve.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#31 Albertinoz

Albertinoz

The Exogini Guy

• Legends
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 10:05 AM

Sorry Alberto, its not for trade.

^___^

Jay, can you send me (or post) a pic of ALL your glittered kinnikuman?

#32 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 10:09 AM

i must say this, cause i know a preson down my block thats been doing this , and i'm trying to stop him.

we've talked about scalpers before buying new toys.
well this guy is going with intellivision game and some other toy line (visionaries) he goes to all the auction sites tring to out bid all them
to make his collection big so he can sell the guys at double or triple
what he paid cause he's creating a shortage.

I wish i knew he ebay name , but when i asked he snickered
but i've seen his storage tubs of games boxes manuals and toys.

Do you think someone , saw the new kinnikuman coming and possibly using this cause he thinks it will become a new pokébum???
only my thoughts and theories.

sorry if i seem little too demonical on my thinking :(
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#33 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 10:52 AM

Do you think someone , saw the new kinnikuman coming and possibly using this cause he thinks it will become a new pokébum???

It's entirely possible that this could happen... although I seriously question the intelligence of anybody who would try. I mean, these toys and games were produced in the thousands... there's no way that one guy could buy enough to create a shortage. Even if someone does create a shortage, that person is making the BIG assumption that people will pay more than what he paid for the collectibles. In this case, with the purple Hand, NOONE will pay more than $150 for it. I seriously doubt that if it was put up for auction again it would get half that much.

On a side note, what kind of moron would create a shortage of Intellivision games, a system which VERY few people even care about? Don't get me wrong, I loved Intellivision... but if I was interested in the games, there's no way I would pay out my a$$ for the games if I can just get a emulator for free.

However stupid this guy is, the fact that he's buying all these games for resale is keeping them out of the hands of true collectors and jacking up their prices needlessly. So, be sure to tell that guy that I said to go and f'ck himself up the bung with those Intellivision games... all of them at once. Goddamm scalper... :(

-Nathan

#34 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 09 September 2002 - 03:25 PM

He could be betting on that in the next copule weeks that muscle will get a lot more attention from the cartoon and there will be more people looking for them and turn to ebay when there arent any figures out.

Lets see how long it takes for the first auction to to show up with ultimate muscle in the title and reffering to the cartton show in the description.

I just looked thru my 10 packs and found 2 neon orange hands.

Edited by Adamantiumwulf, 06 June 2008 - 05:02 AM.

"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#35 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 03:36 PM

true INTV has less demand then atari , but I love INTV and well i'm personally hurt by him. since he is a con artist.

and i tell him off constantly more so on halloween :(
he's a heavey religous dude too , so i make sure to have soem good ole devils fun on his front yard B)
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#36 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 04:00 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1762333509

take a look at this.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#37 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 10:26 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1762333509

take a look at this.

This auction of mine did go up pretty high at the end. For only 52 figures, that's awesome! I guess it was that Satancross, aye! :(

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#38 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 10:19 AM

You guys bring up some interesting points. I was thinking some similar things myself. I am not so sure that they are smart enough to research the toyline and try to make a shortage. I am not even sure they would connect the two between the cartoon and muscles. I have a quick theory of my own. This last auction kind of peaved me, I have spoken with Beneblanco a couple times, and I think he is a legit collector, he says he has thousands also. Its the guy that won the bid I am curious about. I will keep an eye on his auctions, and winnings. Anyways, my theory, and this may just be paranoya but I have noticed hundreds of guests on this board as of late. Among those, few people have joined recently, or the few that have joined rarely speak. Do you guys think that someone could post an auction consisting of rares we talk about or figures that we talk about then watch to see what we say about it? The purplr hand for example, I said I have a healthy bid, I said I have an anti snipers bid, for those selling the figure that may have been information that they did not need to know. Maybe thinking they saw I had an anti sniping bid thought I bid 1000 and that is why he tried to up the bid even more, unfortunately getting stuck surpassing my bid and winning it himself. Another example would be Loneman requsting a niku figure, now there is an auction with only one muscle in it, guess who it is??? "Niku" if you are still thinking of the answer. I know talking about cool auctions and such is an interesting part of this message board, but what if we are being watched and manipulated by the clever auctioneer? This is my plan, I will no longer talk of cool auctions that I am bidding on, or even hint on what my bid is. Just in case, and maybe you guys should do the same. Talk all you want about the auction, but don't say stuff like anti sniping bid, or healthy bid, or hand hand finger thumb ditty dumb. I may even go as far as saying that auction is effing gay who would bid on that dumb thing, then snipe it in the last few seconds. Just my thoughts. Ok, who else loves the ultra hard to find rare as hell light blue no fisted fury smiley??? :rolleyes: I do.

#39 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 10:35 AM

That's a good point Doc. I would utilize this board this way if I were in their shoes. So in all actuality, it may be true.

I do think you guys should stop talking about how much you have down on an auction, or your plans to snipe it.

The whole point of sniping is to get an auction at a lower price. You come in at the end and put in your highest bid, hoping that it's higher than the high bidders, and therefore getting the win with out fear of another bid knocking you off.

But.... if you know someone's going to snipe, then the high bidder will generally bid his full amount beforehand to avoid the snipe.

Just my 2 cents.

#40 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 10:38 AM

If this is true Doc, what you stated, if there are clever auctioneers watching this board, then you have indeed shot yourself in the foot by saying what you just posted above.

Oh well! It's just a theory, right?! :rolleyes:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#41 Hellacooljawa

Hellacooljawa

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 10:46 AM

Doc,

I was thinking the same thing. I would bet good money that someone has been reading the boards and screwing with things. It's just too easy for someone to find this board and find out what someone needs. That Niku auction is a damn good example. There is no reason someone would sell just that one figure and proclaim it as rare and hard to find, without reading up on the boards.

Yeah, it will suck if we have to start watching what we say in our posts. I agee we need to watch what we write, like about bid amounts and stuff.

If we see an auction that seems supicious, we need to alert the rest of the board to it. That way they know not to bid on it until the last few seconds to assure no one bumps up the price.

We just need to stick together and post anything that may seem fishy.

Hopefully, it is just one or two jerks and we won't have to worry about anything like this again.

#42 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 10:59 AM

That's a good point, Doc. Maybe you're right... perhaps we should keep track of the sellers and buyers of suspicious auctions (like that Niku one) to see if there's a pattern?

-Nathan

PS - Boy, I wish there was an auction for Sukaru (#33). I'd pay out the bung for one.

:rolleyes:

#43 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 10 September 2002 - 10:59 AM

Posting amounts of bids real or implied isnt a good idea.

Bidding on auctions is kinda like poker you keep your cards close to you so others cant see. Dont go telling people how much your bidding or how much you will pay for something.

There are some people that may visit the board for just that thing like Doc was talking about.

Keep your bids private. If you want to let others know about a lot that your looking at thats cool. Just refraine from getting to excited while typing. We got a good group here and no one wants to watch a member get taken to the cleaners.

We keep a preety good eye on the auctions on ebay so we can figure out users that seem to get to much money for a regular auction or someone who seems to just bump the price of things up but hardly ever wins.

#44 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 10 September 2002 - 11:02 AM

Beware the M.U.S.C.L.E. police are on the case now.

#45 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 11:47 AM

If this is true Doc, what you stated, if there are clever auctioneers watching this board, then you have indeed shot yourself in the foot by saying what you just posted above.

How so? They do not know which auctions I am interested in or sniping.

#46 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 11:48 AM

If you check the feedback of yapiel, you can see that there is only one auction listed. So, that makes TWO auctions, one of which for used auto parts in February 2002, and one for one of the most expensive MUSCLE auctions in history. Hm. Very strange indeed...

Everybody keep on your guard. If you see an auction with the purple Hand by either yapiel or the seller, let everyone know on this board immediately so we can report him/her/it to ebay.

-Nathan

#47 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 01:38 PM

How so? They do not know which auctions I am interested in or sniping.

Because now they know that we are watching out for them because they are reading what we post, right?

I was just playing though, it's all GOOD! Heehee! :rolleyes:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#48 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 01:43 PM

If you check the feedback of yapiel, you can see that there is only one auction listed. So, that makes TWO auctions, one of which for used auto parts in February 2002, and one for one of the most expensive MUSCLE auctions in history. Hm. Very strange indeed...

Everybody keep on your guard. If you see an auction with the purple Hand by either yapiel or the seller, let everyone know on this board immediately so we can report him/her/it to ebay.

-Nathan

I don't understand how this connects these two people though, the buyer yapiel and the seller. Maybe yapiel is just a once in a while bidder. Or he could be a shill bidder, who knows. But that feedback is positive and was left by a totally different seller in February.

Seems odd, but I don't really see a connection... :rolleyes:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#49 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 01:52 PM

I thinkt what Tortle was getting at Arforbes is that this guy is obviously a non collector of muscles. Look at my feedback and see a million muscle related items, same as most of us, look at his and nothing, so why would a beginner or non collector spend that much on 8 muscle men, and why would a non collector know that people want a purple claw?

#50 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 02:01 PM

I thinkt what Tortle was getting at Arforbes is that this guy is obviously a non collector of muscles. Look at my feedback and see a million muscle related items, same as most of us, look at his and nothing, so why would a beginner or non collector spend that much on 8 muscle men, and why would a non collector know that people want a purple claw?

Do you guys think that Yapiel is one of the people possibly watching the board? You are right about that though, Doc. I didn't think about that until now, why such the sudden huge money spend for just 8 M.U.S.C.L.E. Men? We may have found our eavesdropper! :rolleyes:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com