66 replies to this topic

#26 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:59 AM

May 15 isnt to bad. I gotta head to the mall that day anyways, so ill just make a stop off at SunCoast to pick it up. June 9th is also good, cuase that is less then a month release from this one (but V.1 was late by a month already).

Posted Image

#27 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:46 PM

Well, May 15 has come and gone. Has anyone seen the manga anywhere? I sure haven't found it anywhere.

#28 blocken4ages

blocken4ages

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:General of the Militant Muscle Team

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:42 PM

I have not seen the manga anywhere I am no longer going to soil this great series by calling it a manga its now called a "Superzine"! Kinnikuman has been spit on enough by so-called anime lovers. I say from now on we demand our own place at the table of Japanese pop-culture, oh and I hate being made to look like a dork because I love UM, but the guy at the counter hates the FOXBOX. :lol:
All over the place.

#29 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:01 PM

I had someone check for me today while they were out, and the said the person at the counter said; that they werent even expecting to get volume 1, but had plans on getting volume 2 on June 9th. Ive checked myself at both SunCoast and Walden Books, and neither of them had the manga as well.

Posted Image

#30 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:28 AM

So it's dead... (I thought it was may 25th...) Words cannot describe my absolute anger about this.

This is the reason I found it hard to get into anime... The one I really like (besides Lupin of course) gets the royal eff job, and we get PokeDigiBladeyCrappymon upside the wazzoo...

I definately will NOT buy any Viz products from now on. They can choke on their crappy tweenage garbage....
Posted Image

#31 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:10 PM

Really, what the eff do we have to do to get UM back into our culture? The show was excellent, the toys were awesome, now they can't even give the manga a chance. What gives? The second DVD wasn't even released yet and that was supposed to be out months ago. B)
Posted Image

#32 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:50 AM

So it's dead... (I thought it was may 25th...) Words cannot describe my absolute anger about this.

It isn't dead until Viz takes the manga off its online store. So far, Viz still has Vol. 1 and 2 for sale on its online store. I'm not giving up at this point.

#33 blocken4ages

blocken4ages

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:46 PM

You know I waited forever for Viz to release the dbz number 8 book it was like 4 months. By the time the Dbz 8 book came out I was no longer intrested, so yes Viz likes to fool around, and pick thier noses while we wait :D
All over the place.

#34 blocken4ages

blocken4ages

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 06:23 PM

I just went to three stores 1 comic store and 2 book stores, and got nowhere. B)
All over the place.

#35 nemo 80

nemo 80

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests: Books, science, scifi, anime, manga, poltics

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:46 PM

When i tried to order it from walden books even the people there admitted it was strange that it still was not in.

I just don't under stand how anyone dislike Kinnikuman. i mean it's funny how is a french but-man not funny, its got action. it celebrates the power of friendship and the virtues of determindation (please excuse my rotten spelling)
let's examine the morals of ultamate muscle

I believe that under the bizarre character and over the top behavior the messages are these:even when your frightened you can still be brave. if you believe i your self you can do things you never deamed. the only thing greater then beleif in your self are belief in your cause and the support of you friend/family. Never give up because no matter the odds there is always a way to win. Nothing worthwhile is easy wining takes effort and often sacrfice.

The ture story is that of a young man who is neither smart nor brave but finds the strength to face seemingly unbeatable foes in the knowledge he doing what is right and in the support of his friend

The wacky character, hardhitting action, and lowbrow humor just make more fun

#36 blocken4ages

blocken4ages

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 07:40 PM

That is so true.
All over the place.

#37 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:50 AM

I sent an e-mail to the support department of the Viz Online Store about any news of the UM manga being cancelled. This is the response I got:

Your request #2838 was updated by support13:

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to the Viz online Store.

Unfortunately, we do not have any new release dates for future
volumes of that title.  While we are the official online store of
Viz Communications, we are a separate retail operation.  We
basically work off the information they give us. You might want
to check the official Viz new releases page, found here:

http://www.viz.com/news/newreleases

In the meantime, you might try searching at www.google.com or
looking for a fan site to see if they have any information on new
releases.

I'm sorry we weren't able to help you more at this time. Thank
you for your patience, and we look forward to helping you with
your future Viz.studiostore.com orders!

Pierre
Customer Support
Viz.studiostore.com

#38 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 04:11 PM

You're welcome to pre-order Ultimate Muscle through me if you want, though I don't know when it will ship.
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

#39 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 04:32 PM

If its bi-monthly, the second one should be seen in their new release section two months later. Considering its in the march 04 and I checked up to the june 04 (the last one on their site) I doubt they are continuing with it. Then again, I could be wrong because when you hit new releases, it goes to strait to feb...

Edited by max powerz, 07 June 2004 - 04:36 PM.

I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#40 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:44 PM

the second manga was supposed to have been released yesterday. I took the chance and had hope of acutally seeing one of them at the few stores that i went to, and came up empty handed.....again. :(

Looks like the only new muscle thing we will be getting is the new playstation 2 game.

Posted Image

#41 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:04 AM

By the way, somewhere said that it is cancelled now!!! Either way, I can't even buy it, since they don't come in UK! Can you return the translated scans on Toriyama World? PLEASE???? :cry: :) B) :D

#42 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:37 AM

I haven't seen anything stating that the manga has officially been cancelled. However, if Viz is abandoning the rights to the UM manga then we need to start pestering Toriyama's World to start scanning and translating the UM manga.

#43 Protoman

Protoman

Transformers Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, Kinnikuman, 80s/90s toys, video games

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:05 PM

My anime/manga specialty store said they have ordered Volumes up to 3 with Previews Magazine and the orders have been processed so...... it means they do exist, either that or Previews will drop the bomb and give them credit on the last second...

#44 pfisteria

pfisteria

Sol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:06 AM

I was browsing through Amazon.com and saw that they had the first manga listed as coming out August 30, 2004 (though Amazon.com release dates can be off by a month or so). :wacko:
"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

#45 Magnus

Magnus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:59 PM

Hey guys, I've also had my share of disappointed trips to the bookstore these last few months. I picked up a Previews catalog last week and it has UM Vol. 1 and 2 resolicited for shipping in September, so that August 30 date may be accurate. Sure it's a long time, but at least we know it's not cancelled (knock on wood).

#46 pfisteria

pfisteria

Sol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:42 AM

I don't know if this is accurate, but the Viz online store lists vol. 1 as in stock.

http://store.viz.com...SCLE/s.ed8laI6p
"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

#47 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:50 AM

Well, it appears that what I thought all along was the case. Viz has a terrible reputation for missing release dates. That and changing distributors hurt their release schedule. At any rate, it appears that Ultimate Muscle is definately part of the Shonen Jump line up. Check out the Shonen Jump home page here and you will see that they have added to the scrolling list of titles on the right side of the page. You can check out the Ultimate Muscle page on Shonen Jump.com right here. Needless to say, I am very psyched. With the manga coming out, I won't really miss the cartoon that much.

#48 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:44 PM

Well took it long enough.

#49 Ramses

Ramses

Walking the path of heaven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:24 AM

not to brag or anything...but anyone who was at AX got a plesant suprise...

it was on sale on site before it's mass release by the end of this month.

I wont say anymore :lol:

#50 wpt1031

wpt1031

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:33 PM

Well according to VIZ at Anime Expo 2004 the reason for Ultimate Muscle being delayed because they wanted to make sure it was in fact unedited.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com