Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:35 AM

Attached File  dinomagic1.jpg   12.96K   24 downloads

I might have an extra if you have a Scelidosaurus to trade me for it. LMK

Hello,

Is this the one you're looking for? How do I go about getting your email or you mine?

Thanks,
DanAttached File  dinomagic1.jpg   12.96K   24 downloads

#77 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:54 AM

SWEET! That is the one I still need. :D Ill shoot you a PM and we can get this thing worked out.
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#78 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Anyone got an Ornitholestes? Last one I need for my set so I'll trade/pay well for it.
-Barry

#79 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

Finally completed the set! :lol: Here are pictures of them all for those who still trade them:
Cretaceous-Common
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Jurassic-Uncommon
Posted Image
Posted Image
Triassic-Rare
Posted Image
Bones-Ultra Rare
Posted Image
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#80 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:00 PM

So this thread caught my eye earlier today, and i happened to be at Wal-Mart tonight...i had gone to Deals because last time i was in there they had Pirates of the Caribbean Zizzlingers for $1 a pack. I didn't get any and when i went back tonight they were gone. Must've sold through like a hundred packs in two weeks. :(

Anyway! Wal-Mart had a bunch of Dino Magic stuff in their "clearance" aisle, and my wife was surprisingly on board with the idea of these, so i got some. Man, either clearance doesn't mean what it used to or these things were friggin' *expensive* new. The volcano set was $10, and they had six-packs of the eggs for just under $18. I got one six-pack, and i'll probably go back for more. Sadly i didn't get any bones, but the ones i got were all pretty decent. A bit bigger than i'd imagined too. I don't know if they're quite worth $3 a pop, but almost. Enough that i feel like i need more. :woot:

EDIT: I brought my list up to check, here's the ones i have:

Parasaurolophus
Spinosaurus
Styrachosaurus
Carnotaurus
Allosaurus
Coelophysis

So four commons, one uncommon, and a rare. Seems like a predictable mix. Wonder how random the six-packs are...?

Edited by Scumdogg, 11 December 2007 - 10:02 PM.

Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#81 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

You guys keep talking about these stupid dinos and showing pictures and stuff... its enought to make me... want to... start collecting them. :woot:

#82 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:14 PM

While i'm thinking about it and before i hit another store, does the volcano in any way make for a good display setup after it's been used? I'm sure it's more fun dissolving these things in a volcano than in a cereal bowl, but i think i'd really only want it if i could stand the dinos in it for display purposes.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#83 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

I didn't buy a volcano setup but I do know that it comes with one of the glow-in-the-dark bones dinos guananteed. Geez, our Walmarts (3 of them) near me never even carried this line and don't have a clearance section or aisle, what a gyp!
-Barry

#84 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:38 PM

You could always position them around the volcano, but it wouldnt work really well for a display. Like Barry said the only good side is that you can get a 100% guarantee that you will get a GIND dino.

My Walmart never had them either, only Targets. I havent seen any around in a while though, but I dont shop at Target that much either.
Posted Image

#85 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

I checked another Wal-Mart today and they had a few single eggs sitting around at $3.98 each. They were in boxes along with another line called Mermaid Surprise or some such business. Same basic deal, but it's a dissolving clamshell with a mermaid inside. There's even a playset like the volcano one, but it's just a bigger clamshell i think. Thought very briefly about getting one, but they were exceptionally girly looking even for mermaid toys. My wife didn't even want one. :D

I did get another Dino Magic toy though, a Triceratops this time. I think he might be my favorite one so far.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#86 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:56 PM

I picked up one of these tonight while x-mas shopping and was pleasantly surprised at how cool these little guys really are. I found a few at K-Mart. 3.99 is a little steep though I have to say. I got a blue bird looking one. He's pretty cool although he wont stand up. Now I'm gonna have to start collecting these as well. Thanks guys... :devil:

#87 cactusj00

cactusj00

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:19 AM

lhssenior

i am from Rochester too. Kinda stupid i am posting about this but it is kinda strange we are both on this thread.

#88 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

I picked up one of these tonight while x-mas shopping and was pleasantly surprised at how cool these little guys really are. I found a few at K-Mart. 3.99 is a little steep though I have to say. I got a blue bird looking one. He's pretty cool although he wont stand up. Now I'm gonna have to start collecting these as well. Thanks guys... :devil:

I find that it helps it you put one of his wings down to make a third leg.

Glad to hear you are addicted to these stupid little guys too. :D
Posted Image

#89 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 25 December 2007 - 03:32 AM

Dang...now I want some of these.

I love that Bones Triceratops!!!

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#90 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:32 PM

Two Dino Magic presents today! A six pack of eggs and the Volcano set. I guess that alleviates my concerns over whether or not to buy it. :D I haven't fizzed the eggs yet because i've been busy playing games, but i'm excited to. Incidentally, i also got a couple "Dig a Dino" eggs made by "TOYI". The dinos on the package don't look as nice as the Dino Magic ones, but chiseling them out of their sandy tombs looks entertaining.

I'm gonna need a bigger dinosaur shelf. I just got here and already need new shelves for so many things that were taking up relatively little space before. Thanks a lot guys. :notme:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#91 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

I got an Ultra rare in my first egg =D. These are pretty neat.

#92 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

I got an Ultra rare in my first egg =D. These are pretty neat.

Man, i still haven't gotten any bones. :D Well, except the guaranteed one that came in the volcano. Even then, i got Brontosaurus. The lamest of them all. Do all the bone dinos glow in the dark, or just the volcano ones?

I fizzled all six of my eggs today. Couldn't resist. The volcano makes it more fun. :D Out of the whole six-pack, i only got one that i already had, so that's pretty sweet. Only need 11 more for the set. :notme:

Incidentally, my extras are Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, and Styrachosaurus. All commons, but they're up for trade if anyone wants 'em.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#93 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

So i picked up another Volcano playset today hoping to get a second glow in the dark skeleton. I got another Brontosaurus. That's not the only one that comes with the volcano, is it?

At any rate, i now have an extra glowing Bronto if anyone wants it, as well as a spare volcano in the box. I need any of the other three skeletons, Scelidosaurus, Stegosaurus, Ornitholestes, Thecodont, and Longisquama to complete my set.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#94 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

So i picked up another Volcano playset today hoping to get a second glow in the dark skeleton. I got another Brontosaurus. That's not the only one that comes with the volcano, is it?

At any rate, i now have an extra glowing Bronto if anyone wants it, as well as a spare volcano in the box. I need any of the other three skeletons, Scelidosaurus, Stegosaurus, Ornitholestes, Thecodont, and Longisquama to complete my set.

The volcano can come with any of the 4 skeleton dinos, I guess it was just poor luck to get two of the same. Good luck finishing your set, I may have a Stego for you, I'll need to check my doubles when I get home.
-Barry

#95 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

Anyone looking to trade for a Postosuchus?

I have two extra and will trade for any (especially the GITD) dino except for:
Spinosaurus
Archaeopteryx

Yeah, after 5 eggs, I've only gotten 3 different dinos...

I'm starting to think that my interest is going to wane if I keep getting doubles like this.

#96 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Ok, I'm on vacation with my girlfriend at her parents' place in Virginia and I finally came across the 6-packs here at Walmart so I picked up a couple. Hopefully I'll get the last dino for my set but either way I'll have a ton of extras when I'm done for those still trying to finish up sets or at least add to them! :D
-Barry

#97 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:48 PM

It was nice to see that K-Mart had restocked their supply of Dino Magic for the holidays (and still have two pegs overflowing with them), but nicer to see that in part through my one random purchase, people are getting hooked on them even now. :) I guess at the very least Dino Magic didn't fail spectacularly the way Fistful of Power did. Thanks so much for the pics of every figure, CCVegita. It's so pointless to rely on the card art for them and only leads to disappointment.

Popping in here randomly and seeing this thread got me to pick up an egg after such a long time. Ended up with Archaeopteryx, a great figure. No problems standing it up either, just have to make sure it's leaning forward. I think I'm going to end up getting even more of them later as they make a great after-work splurge. Never saw the six-packs at Wal-Mart, shame I missed them.

Anyone with some good extras want to sell em, I could be interested. I'd even consider liquidating most of my BBs and LBs (not that I have many) in trade to get the ones I really want.

#98 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

How random... I just fizzed an egg and the dino came out fully assembled... :) looks like someone had a lil fun on the production line!
-Barry

#99 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

How random... I just fizzed an egg and the dino came out fully assembled... :huh: looks like someone had a lil fun on the production line!
-Barry

I wish mine came like that. Having to dig in the water for the little arms sucks =P.

#100 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

My extras are now listed in the 'Got Toys' section of the forum for anyone looking to inexpensively start or add to their collection!

Will trade HUGE for an Ornitholestes if anyone's got one.
-Barry

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com