I love it! Must. Have. Now. (Please.)
Posted Image

#27 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Over on board member Adam16Bit's Battle Beast Blog, he's posted a full pic of the figure: http://battlebeasts....-prototype.html

#28 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

This is the pic I linked in my blog post. Saddly the page is not full again. If I'm lucky I would be able to post a full page pic tomorrow.

Edited by lord, 10 April 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#29 steelfrogSteve

steelfrogSteve

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Over on board member Adam16Bit's Battle Beast Blog, he's posted a full pic of the figure: http://battlebeasts....-prototype.html

Well I can go to sleep now with hope for the future.
"After the combat, the beasts unite as friends."

#30 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Those who were amazed by the pic of the lion will have to remain sitted. I can't post any pic yet but will do it as soon as I will be back at home. All I can say for now is that there is a lot more than the lion to discover. In fact the already seen pic is just about the half of the first side. Yes you read it well. There is another side to the known page which show a prototype of the Tiger!

Another fact. I was wrong when I guessed that the line could be made by Bandai. The copyright on both sides is clearly TOMY/TAKARA. It's the only word I could read as I still don't read japanese. But I'm sure there will be a member here to translate the pipcs I will post later.

#31 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Those who were amazed by the pic of the lion will have to remain sitted. I can't post any pic yet but will do it as soon as I will be back at home. All I can say for now is that there is a lot more than the lion to discover. In fact the already seen pic is just about the half of the first side. Yes you read it well. There is another side to the known page which show a prototype of the Tiger!

Another fact. I was wrong when I guessed that the line could be made by Bandai. The copyright on both sides is clearly TOMY/TAKARA. It's the only word I could read as I still don't read japanese. But I'm sure there will be a member here to translate the pipcs I will post later.

Awesome info, can't wait for more

#32 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Well...finally some idea where they are coming from. I have been searching Japanese sites all around trying to find concrete info about the creators of the line. So it's pretty cool to see it is in fact a Takara based line. Nice!
--Dave

#33 Preacher

Preacher

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Noob to BB questions....

So it looks like these are an "official" continuation/redeux of the original Battle Beast line....Correct?

I realize info is somewhat scarce at the moment, but does anyone know if these would be exclusive to Japan? Or is it possible they'll be available to buy in the states?
I can't stand Haiku.
It's not clever OR funny.
And requires no skill.

#34 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Noob to BB questions....

So it looks like these are an "official" continuation/redeux of the original Battle Beast line....Correct?

I realize info is somewhat scarce at the moment, but does anyone know if these would be exclusive to Japan? Or is it possible they'll be available to buy in the states?

Nothing is really known yet-- how big these are, how they will be sold, when they are due out in stores, how expensive they'll be-- but I can say with almost absolute certainty that Beast Saga will, somehow, be sold in the states via importers. No word yet on if Hasbro is going to bring it over due to their relationship with Takaratomy or anything. Diamond Select Toys will be doing their own Battle Beasts line of Minimates, which look neat, and another company is working on a small run of figures called "Rise of the Beasts." So there might be as many as 3 Battle Beasts-ish lines available to buy by the end of 2012, in addition to the classics.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#35 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

First prototype pic !

http://dragonautes20.../prototype.html

Wow wow and f*cking wow! THIS IS AWESOME!!!

#36 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

Lord, do you have all the issues to the manga? Is there a chance you can scan what you have?

#37 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

They're out on Ebay.fr (France) already..............why!??!

Moriku BAT
Raioga LION
Birusodo

And the rest is also there.
Am I the only one who thinks its insane to place Ebay buy it now listings for these figs that'll be released in Sept. '12 if everything will go as planned.
Don't see any logic in this........

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#38 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

They're out on Ebay.fr (France) already..............why!??!

Moriku BAT
Raioga LION
Birusodo

And the rest is also there.
Am I the only one who thinks its insane to place Ebay buy it now listings for these figs that'll be released in Sept. '12 if everything will go as planned.
Don't see any logic in this........

PRE-COMMANDE

I agree I would not purchase on Ebay for a Sept release.

#39 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Lord, do you have all the issues to the manga? Is there a chance you can scan what you have?

I have all parts to date. In fact I will get part 2 very soon thanks to TGB. This man is pure gold and will always try his best to help friends. Sadly I can't scan them as to do so I would have to destroy the book. They are not as US comics that can be scan very easily. They are more like big novel with hundreds of pages so you can't keep it completly open without damages. Sorry but I hope you understand.

#40 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

I have all parts to date. In fact I will get part 2 very soon thanks to TGB. This man is pure gold and will always try his best to help friends. Sadly I can't scan them as to do so I would have to destroy the book. They are not as US comics that can be scan very easily. They are more like big novel with hundreds of pages so you can't keep it completly open without damages. Sorry but I hope you understand.

Well we just have to wait for a "tankobon" of it instead, if that does ever happen. I would go out of my way to buy it then unbind it via hair dryer/heat gun and scan it all. I use to do that kind of stuff. The hard part is finding somone who'd be willing to translate it all. Although MangaHelper is pretty useful for that purpose.

Edited by FANtomCore, 22 April 2012 - 01:42 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#41 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

The paperback would be great so I would only have 1 book to destroy. About the translation we have a member here (WhiteLeo) that can be helpfull if he has time. He has already translated lot of documents for the community.

#42 soundwave810

soundwave810

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

For those of you who want to see more of the Beast Saga manga:

http://www.saikyojum...east/index.html

Click on the RED box under Lioga and it'll open up the 1st pg to the 1st chapter.
And remember, the Japaneses read from right to left, so click on the left to go to the next page.

#43 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Thank you!! Awesome!

#44 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

That's awesome. It lets you read through several pages. I am just finishing up Japanese III this semester, so I am going to do my best to sit through and try and translate it. Although I know that eventually, WhiteLeo will do a much better job of it.

#45 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

My goodness, that was awesome. Couldn't read it, but followed it pretty closely. Very interested in the last page with teh Tiger and the Panda.

#46 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

DUDES..................I saw a lot of beasts in that manga! am I going to need to order another box of 24??!! >_<

Do we have a list of how many will be in the first release?

#47 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

DUDES..................I saw a lot of beasts in that manga! am I going to need to order another box of 24??!! >_<

Do we have a list of how many will be in the first release?

Hmmm... I thought there were only 6 figures in the "random" set. Is there an indication otherwise? Figures not in pics released that way???

#48 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hmmm... I thought there were only 6 figures in the "random" set. Is there an indication otherwise? Figures not in pics released that way???

That's what I was wondering Jon, take a quick run through that manga. Looks like a grin reafer, crab etc.

#49 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

That's what I was wondering Jon, take a quick run through that manga. Looks like a grin reafer, crab etc.

My guess that these characters are designs for later waves.

#50 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

My guess that these characters are designs for later waves.

"This will include 24 random figures, possibly from those shown or others".

That's from the Big Bad Toy Store. The 24 blister pack box, the picture only displays 6 figures and one of them appears to be unpainted. I was going under the assumption that we have yet to see the entire line being released in September.

I think we may still have some beasts to see not in the pictures.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com