26 replies to this topic

#1 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:58 PM

I thought they were going to get to making new molds?

http://toynewsi.com/...68&itemid=16629
--Dave

#2 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

I thought they were going to get to making new molds?

http://toynewsi.com/...68&itemid=16629

This is the best recolor yet :D But it would be nice to see a new figure :D

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

That is bad ass.

#4 Jestermon

Jestermon

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

This one looks good, but my problem is they have all been hard to get or exclusives so far, very dissapointing.
Posted Image

#5 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

This one looks good, but my problem is they have all been hard to get or exclusives so far, very dissapointing.

When the new colors drop. They are all over ebay. That is where I have gotten my silver, black, and gold one from. No problem winning them at all because there were so many available for sale.

#6 mannakat

mannakat

Electro Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Creature junkie, werewolves, dinosaurs

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:09 AM

Pffft, forget those Mini-Mates, I want

THESE

at least, the Iguana, Octopus, and maybe the Gator. The Ape looks silly and the Rhino is a lil too chubby.

Edited by khaomera, 31 January 2011 - 02:09 AM.

#7 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:45 AM

Pffft, forget those Mini-Mates, I want

THESE

at least, the Iguana, Octopus, and maybe the Gator. The Ape looks silly and the Rhino is a lil too chubby.

Have these been released yet? If not do you know when they will be? I want the Iguana fo sho!!!!

#8 mannakat

mannakat

Electro Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Creature junkie, werewolves, dinosaurs

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

Have these been released yet? If not do you know when they will be? I want the Iguana fo sho!!!!

I haven't heard anything about them, rumor is they were just a concept but since it was also presented by the same company that did the mini's, I figured what the heck and sent an email to em asking about the mini's and the large scale figures.

With a little luck, maybe they will respond. *crosses fingers* Would sure be nice to have some info about them.

Edited by khaomera, 31 January 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#9 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

Battle Beasts fan, I may still be, but this mini-mates thing I'm caring about less and less. They've promised premier dates... TWICE... and no real show-up for it save for recolors of the Gator Guard figure.

Plus... with the larger ones being sans elemental rubsign/orb... it makes it seem LESS like Battle Beasts.

Still... if they do nothing with it, I can always draw up these Gator guys as additional grunts for my story idea. I NEED some non-battle beast anifolk who are soldiers, ya know. :spiteful: :D

#10 MindlessFocus

MindlessFocus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Glyos, and Other Little Rubber Guys. Oh, and Geocaching!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

Battle Beasts fan, I may still be, but this mini-mates thing I'm caring about less and less. They've promised premier dates... TWICE... and no real show-up for it save for recolors of the Gator Guard figure.

Plus... with the larger ones being sans elemental rubsign/orb... it makes it seem LESS like Battle Beasts.

Still... if they do nothing with it, I can always draw up these Gator guys as additional grunts for my story idea. I NEED some non-battle beast anifolk who are soldiers, ya know. :spiteful: :D

remember, they bought the name only. not the designs. Diamond can only release near Battle Beasts until they buy rights to the designs. they pissed off Takara when they bought they name out from under them so i doubt they will sell the designs.
[This space for rent. Enquire within.]

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

they pissed off Takara when they bought they name out from under them.

Where did you get this info? This is the first I have heard of it.

#12 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

Where did you get this info? This is the first I have heard of it.

I heard this a couple places, that Takara were thinking about doing reissues like the do with their Transformers line, and they were upset that they lost out on that opportunity once diamond select bought the battle beasts name, but I've never understood the problem. Takara never held the "rights" to battle beasts. They were beastformers in Japan and a tie in with Transformers, where as battle beasts by Hasbro were their own standalone line. Why would they be upset about something that has little to do with them. Couldn't they still do reissues under the name Beastformers? I think a lot of it may be hearsay.

Back to mini-mates Battle Beasts, Art Asylum just recently stated in an official QnA that they are looking to prepare a package of the line for Toys R Us and comic retailers soon. http://www.artasylum...02/ask-dst-119/

I am very excited. I love the gator, but I want to see more animals now. I want to see a lion and a bear and some type of sea animal.

#13 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

I heard this a couple places, that Takara were thinking about doing reissues like the do with their Transformers line, and they were upset that they lost out on that opportunity once diamond select bought the battle beasts name, but I've never understood the problem. Takara never held the "rights" to battle beasts. They were beastformers in Japan and a tie in with Transformers, where as battle beasts by Hasbro were their own standalone line. Why would they be upset about something that has little to do with them. Couldn't they still do reissues under the name Beastformers? I think a lot of it may be hearsay.

Thanks to the Transformers brand, especially lately, Takara has had a very close relationship with Hasbro, designing the toys they release in Asia and Hasbro sells to Western markets. Odds are, if we assume any of this hearsay is accurate, Takara would have been looking to collaborate with Hasbro for a Beastformers/Battle Beast revival. I assume in this case that they considered the idea after Hasbro had already sold the BB brand, leaving the line without the most obvious means of marketability or brand recognition in the West.

Again, this is assuming any such revival was ever discussed or even on the table as an option.

#14 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

The new Mini-Mates Battle Beasts line should be finished in say
75 years from now @ the rate their going,wow one a year.

Thanks,khaomera for the link to the
Comic-Con International 2010
New Sculpted Battle Beasts Action Figures
I liked the Rhino and the Croc.
I'm a big fan of the Gorilla,but that one is sick :ulp: ,
whats with a Battle Beast wanting to dress up like Elvis, <_<
ok,now that I think about it,it looks like Elvis too. :lol: :lol: .

Edited by TOPHER, 12 February 2011 - 08:14 AM.

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#15 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

Anyone get this color yet? I have one on the way that I got a great deal on. There's one more on eBay right now.

#16 Kingjaja

Kingjaja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

Anyone get this color yet? I have one on the way that I got a great deal on. There's one more on eBay right now.

I picked up the carrying case that comes with this color. planning on sticking my silver, gold, and black in it with this guy. Paid 20 bucks american

#17 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:37 AM

What are you guys finding these under? Searched battle beasts, mini mates gator and still nothing. I would like to get one too.

#18 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:06 AM

What are you guys finding these under? Searched battle beasts, mini mates gator and still nothing. I would like to get one too.

Do a search for Minimates Collector Case or Minimates Carrying Case. The red and black gator is a pack in bonus figure with the case, but most places are going to have it as the collector case. I got one, I got it from my local comic book store. They had one left on the shelf.

#19 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:42 AM

Can you buy these at Toys r us? Target? Wal-Mart?

#20 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:12 AM

Or we could just post the link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=300518012028

#21 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

I think you could get it from diamond select toys to. Kinda of stupid you have to get the whole case for one figure

Edited by Venom, 22 February 2011 - 07:46 PM.

Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#22 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

I think you could get from diamond select toys to. Kinda of stupid you have to get the whole case for one figure

I thought so too. I asked the seller to split it up and got the Beast for $12. Perfect price, if you ask me.

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

Got mine today. Pretty awesome!

#24 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

Did Diamond show any new Battle Beasts related item at Toy Fair this year? Coverage was kinda spotty on all the bigger sites, and I didn't see anything, but they may just have not covered it.
--Dave

#25 MindlessFocus

MindlessFocus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Glyos, and Other Little Rubber Guys. Oh, and Geocaching!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

Considering this is where it all started last year, I'm curious to know about this too.
[This space for rent. Enquire within.]

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com