Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Living up to my name

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

https://www.ebay.com...OX/263430252540

https://www.ebay.com...X-/273035164373

I can't vouch for those sellers, but before seeing those I paid more to someone else, $30 with $12 shipping Argh!.  However, I'm very happy with what I got and they sent it quick, brand new sealed.

There's 12 full color boxes inside and in each one is a single figure or a double figure combo doing a move.

The random figures I ended up with were two of each.  Counting combos as 2 I got 16 figures (all 8 different) from the 12 boxes.   Got a flesh of each except a full color painted Kinnikuman Great (it's nice to have one that looks more noticeably different from Suguru Kinnikuman).   And then either a red or blue of each.  Maybe this reveals some of sort of pattern you're likely to have as the ordering inside the box as I opened them was very uniform: The two of each in the different colors being in side by side boxes with singles in the front and combos in the back.  The two that it's possible to get colored figures of were the front two rows.

These seem very premium quality and material seems closer to M.U.S.C.L.E. but still a bit softer and more flexible than it.

Great sculpts:

A bulky Brocken Jr (no armbands to worry about if you're looking to avoid those) doing Red Rain of Pain to the most beastly version of Mr. Khamen I've seen.

Certainly the most beastly version of Mammothman, though I can't decide which version of him I like best.

Robin Mask simply shirtless with helmet doing tower bridge to Kinnikuman are good quality but not so much detail to write home about.

A great Kinnikuman Soldier though I still like the M.U.S.C.L.E. (A) version a little more - possible to get full color version.

Prism-man - bulkier than original, actually my least favorite of these characters.   I just don't find him as interesting regardless of the quality.

A straight forward but good Kinnikuman Great version I was fortunate to get full color.

I think the Mammothman and Mr. Khamen in this set are its best figures after the possible full color two.

Some heads are proportioned larger than the original Kinnikuman/MUSCLE and others are closer to regular size.

The volumes actually called premium look to be a yet another step above this though I haven't seen them other than pictures.  I think people should be pleased with this box of figures especially if you get it around $30 with free shipping.

Edited by Crunkenstein, 29 January 2018 - 09:17 PM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

I showcased these in December: http://www.littlerub...opic=263117&hl=

Its probably better to buy these as sets of 20 from yahoojapan instead of the blind boxes of 12 since you might end up not getting a complete set (especially the color chase figures).

The respective parts are available in Gashapon machines or "blind" boxes and they are exactly the same as the Premium set sculpts (so they display well together) :)

#3 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Living up to my name

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

Ah, I guess I'm a bit of a novice at this stuff, though I should hold off a bit for now.  I have no idea how to go about Yahoo Japan Auctions or shopping.   Searching brings up a bunch of stuff I don't know what to trust.

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

Ah, I guess I'm a bit of a novice at this stuff, though I should hold off a bit for now.  I have no idea how to go about Yahoo Japan Auctions or shopping.   Searching brings up a bunch of stuff I don't know what to trust.

I am in the same boat too kinda (I am always learning new stuff about Kinkeshi; trying to acquire 30 something years of information in 3 years!), but in time you will get more informed and especially here (LRG) people will stir you in the right direction :)

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:44 PM

I copied and pasted this from a previous thread (concerning yahoojapan options):

I use Buyee only and I find it quite practical (I have been using it since 2015).

No bad experiences so far and I find it quite cheap (I have only tried one other proxy bidding service: From Japan and I thought that sucked).

Usually the commision fee they charge you is 500 yen + domestic shipping from seller to Buyee + Shipping from Buyee to you.

They offer up to 6 different types of shipping methods (I have done them all haha I find AIR SP & SAL the cheapest; if its something really heavy then Seamail is your best bet but it takes 60 days).

If you buy something that is more expensive then the commison is more.

After you buy something and it arrives at their warehouse they store it for 30 days for free (after that they charge you per day up to 60 days) and sometimes sellers pay the domestic shipping so you only end up paying the shipping from Japan to you.

Its definitely reliable and trustworthy (they also offer insurance but its not mandatory etc I always opted for no insurance when buying/shipping and have not had a problem with lost packages or anything like that in over 2 years)

But I base my experiences in Euros (the Euro is usually pretty strong and I get more bang for my buck with the exchange rate etc).

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

Just to have an idea on the prices of these boxes of 12 (in this case its a Part 1 & 2 boxes); I found some on sale at Mandarake:

Part 1 box for sale for 2,000 yen (circa $18.30): https://order.mandar...306108&ref=list

Part 2 box for sale for 1,800 yen (circa $16.47): https://order.mandar...307512&ref=list

Of course one has to take into account shipping but the prices are pretty standard for these blind boxes and probably cheaper. However you risk not having a full set of any respective color and getting repeats.

Edited by kayfabe1985, 31 January 2018 - 05:54 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com