#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

Here you go guys!

For those of you who have been asking.

It is here as a subforum of "Other Toys", but if it gets a lot of use, I'll move it to the main board.

#2 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:43 AM

Here you go guys!

For those of you who have been asking.

It is here as a subforum of "Other Toys", but if it gets a lot of use, I'll move it to the main board.

Thanks J!!! FINALLY! :) Here's a little report, based on constant eBay realizations and constant dealings in this side of the GPK hobby:

Series 2s are going back up in price after a sharp decease this Fall. Series 2s were ranging from *gasp* 100.00 to 225.00 EACH!! Now prices are back in the 200-300.00 range which is where it should stay. Let's hope the days for 400 to 500 for a Series 2 are over!

Series 1 rares suffered some since the summer, but continue to hold their low estimates that have remained steady SINCE 2007. Uk rares have been popping up all over the place so, prices on Garbage Gang Cheap Toys are on the decline, but only by 20% or so.

Full boxes have dropped some from 350-400 to 275-350. Prices for these reached an all time zenith this summer, with prices ranging 400-700 a BOX! I'm sure the new sales reflect a backlash of this summer's madness.

Series 1 commons price averages have dropped considerably from 5.00 to 3.50 each. But, Series 1 commons have kept their price range of 3-7 each.

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

Wow! Those are insane prices. Is that what they are going for on eGay these days?

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

Wow, I don't understand that at all. What's so special about these rotten little things?

Posted Image

#5 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

I guess you could say that about any of the things we collect.... I mean, what's so special about a MUSCLE figure that makes it worth $1000+?
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#6 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

I would guess durability, and the amount of kids that used the stickers as stickers, and not cards to be held and saved for sale 25 years later.
Posted Image

#7 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

I could not find any ebay auctions that match those prices.
Any links?

#8 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

cool, im glad GPK's finally get their own little section. And Rus's prices for the GPK's sound legit to me. But then again, to those willing to pay.

#9 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:13 AM

Any links?

A lot of them change hands in private sales, which makes price tracking for those of us on the periphery (like me ;)) difficult.

Here is a neon yellow Brainy Janey that went for $90 recently, which is about its money.

This red Series 2 Distorted Dot went for $104.50.

This orange Brett Sweat went for $36.00.

These three auctions each containing two commons and a neon yellow went for comparatively low prices, maybe because they weren't offered for sale worldwide: $42.52, $56.11 and $59.02, although this other similar auction from the same seller went for a more usual amount, $128.49.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#10 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:18 AM

Wow! Those are insane prices. Is that what they are going for on eGay these days?

Yep! On and off-feebay! Soupie was correct when he said alot of GPK have deep pockets. When a rare figure comes up on ebay, I can tell you the handful of collectors that will be bidding against on the auction, lol. It's really a small community compaired to MUSCLES! And Cheap Toy collecting is extremely competetive because these toys are SO rare.

#11 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:19 AM

It's really a small community compaired to MUSCLES!

I guess that means 2 or 3 crazy bidders for MUSCLE, and 1 or 2 crazy bidders for GPK. ;)

#12 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

Any links?

A lot of them change hands in private sales, which makes price tracking for those of us on the periphery (like me ;)) difficult.

Here is a neon yellow Brainy Janey that went for $90 recently, which is about its money.

This red Series 2 Distorted Dot went for $104.50.

This orange Brett Sweat went for $36.00.

These three auctions each containing two commons and a neon yellow went for comparatively low prices, maybe because they weren't offered for sale worldwide: $42.52, $56.11 and $59.02, although this other similar auction from the same seller went for a more usual amount, $128.49.

I won two of those(Dot and Brett from Jawa's Closet) and gpkdoug won the Neon Yellow Janey! And I won 3 of those 4 Neon Yellow lots, I let a friend of mine snag one of them. 128 for a NEON YELLOW ALICE?-forget about it-I had a bid of 250 on that auction! WTF?! That's a 225.00 TOY! Prices have exprienced some drops, but only on ebay. Examples of the current realized prices can be found on the forum I moderate.

Edited by rusvan, 07 January 2010 - 09:30 AM.

#13 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

Any links?

Sure, pm me ;) Are you a CT collector too?

#14 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

It's really a small community compaired to MUSCLES!

I guess that means 2 or 3 crazy bidders for MUSCLE, and 1 or 2 crazy bidders for GPK. ;)

Absolutely! Limited resourses meets compulsive collectors and spenders. But, isn't this what we all live for? The drama and the pain! :D

#15 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:32 AM

Nope. ;)

#16 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

I'm not going to deny that both 1st and 2nd series Cheap Toys regularly go for crazy $$$. I've pointed out expensive ebay sales in the past, and I myself have spent as much as $50 on 1st series figures. However, as with MUSCLEs and other some niche toys, I've never been comfortable when someone puts a firm dollar value on these pieces. With a niche line like GPK, as was said, it's very easy for one or two high rollers to really skew things by over paying for items for months at a time. If a collector is patient and savvy with trading, I think it is possible to build a Cheap Toy collecting without paying such high prices.

Contrast this with a toy line like GI Joe or Star Wars where it is much easier to arrive at firm dollar values per piece because the market is much larger and sales are more consistent.

Anyhow, just had to get on my soap box for a moment. I'm not trying to flame Rusvan or anything. Rus has been collecting Cheapies for a long time and does truly know his stuff. -_- I just don't want any perspective collectors to be scared away from Cheapies after reading his post. :D
Posted Image

#17 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

I'm not going to deny that both 1st and 2nd series Cheap Toys regularly go for crazy $$$. I've pointed out expensive ebay sales in the past, and I myself have spent as much as $50 on 1st series figures. However, as with MUSCLEs and other some niche toys, I've never been comfortable when someone puts a firm dollar value on these pieces. With a niche line like GPK, as was said, it's very easy for one or two high rollers to really skew things by over paying for items for months at a time. If a collector is patient and savvy with trading, I think it is possible to build a Cheap Toy collecting without paying such high prices.

Contrast this with a toy line like GI Joe or Star Wars where it is much easier to arrive at firm dollar values per piece because the market is much larger and sales are more consistent.

Anyhow, just had to get on my soap box for a moment. I'm not trying to flame Rusvan or anything. Rus has been collecting Cheapies for a long time and does truly know his stuff. :D I just don't want any perspective collectors to be scared away from Cheapies after reading his post. :(

Thanks Soupie! :( Yeah, I'm sorry if I scared anyone away!! It's just that I'm on the frontlines everyday. IT'S ALL I DO!!! Seriously, it's sad, lol. Those ranges are what these toys are bringing on average currently from my dealings, my friend's transactions, and the few eBay auctions. I should never use the term "market value" with Cheap Toys, but I do because it's something that everyone understands. You're right Soups, these things have never had a set value and never will.

But, there are MANY examples of collectors scoring rares for CHEAP! Soupie, you snagged a Neon Green Adam for 10 bucks last year, lol!! Dog, just posted some of my cheap scores: an Orange for 30, and a Series 2 Red for 100, and Neon Yellows in the 40 dollars range.

It's a great hobby, and you'll never fully appreciate them until you hold a neon. Long Live Cheap Toys!

#18 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

Nope. :(

Come on Veers, you should know more than anyone that collecting toys is all about the PAIN bro!

Let me throw out some random ideas for ya:

overspending, lies, lying to your wife, sleepiness, nervousness, stealing, cutting corners, cut-throat, pirates, rogue moderators, compulsion, forum bullys, noobs, bounced checks, debt, bid credit card numbers, sweating, pay offs, bidding wars, retracting, forum rivalaries, late night emails, losing, money orders, "gifts" that cost YOU money, closing auctions, shilling, one click bids, fees, shipping charges, crying, having your ebay item sell for NOTHING, wrong addresses, bad expensive coffee, returns, Canada customs delay, hiding credit card statements, over the limit fees, late charges, hidden fees, paypal cases, ADD/ADHD, ebay cases, packages lost in the mail, Fed Ex unreasonable fees, damged goods, wrong toy, fakes, customs, third parties, angry smileys, lol.

Man, maybe it's only about the PAIN! :( ...which leaves, DRAMA, which is what happens between PAIN and more PAIN in a compulsive collector's world.

#19 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

It's a great hobby, and you'll never fully appreciate them until you hold a neon.

That's what I say: If anybody were to hold a Neon Red cheapie in their hand, they'd instantly be a collector for life!
Posted Image

#20 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

I had a small handful of these things years ago. Can't say I wasn't impressed by them, but the thought of collecting them never crossed my mind. They just didn't do anything for me. And I will surely be more than happy to hook up the GPK collectors around here with any few I find in the future. Value not such a factor in the decision.

I'm planning on hitting fleamarkets in the morning, so hope I find some. All about building the Community around here for sure. Regardless of the subject.

Posted Image

#21 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:36 PM

I would guess durability, and the amount of kids that used the stickers as stickers, and not cards to be held and saved for sale 25 years later.

I was one of those kids that use GPK stickers as stickers. :( I had hundreds of cards, till one day I decided to stick them everywhere. Mostly on the fridge. I got this old picture with me and the frigde full of stickers. :(

#22 djniku19

djniku19

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

It's a great hobby, and you'll never fully appreciate them until you hold a neon.

That's what I say: If anybody were to hold a Neon Red cheapie in their hand, they'd instantly be a collector for life!

I totally agree with you two. There is just something about the neon red color that is incredible. Here is my almost complete set.

Attached Files

#23 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

I totally agree with you two. There is just something about the neon red color that is incredible. Here is my almost complete set.

I have the ones you need JC. I'll trade them to you tonight if you'd just email me a list of the ones you have for trade!! Btw, Don't worry, I won that Cinnamon Petey today so I'll get off your back about yours, lol. I'm interested in OTHERS that you have for trade. Hope to talk with you soon. ;)

#24 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:40 AM

Come on Veers, you should know more than anyone that collecting toys is all about the PAIN bro!

overspending, lies, lying to your wife, sleepiness, nervousness, stealing, cutting corners, cut-throat, pirates, rogue moderators, compulsion, forum bullys, noobs, bounced checks, debt, bid credit card numbers, sweating, pay offs, bidding wars, retracting, forum rivalaries, late night emails, losing, money orders, "gifts" that cost YOU money, closing auctions, shilling, one click bids, fees, shipping charges, crying, having your ebay item sell for NOTHING, wrong addresses, bad expensive coffee, returns, Canada customs delay, hiding credit card statements, over the limit fees, late charges, hidden fees, paypal cases, ADD/ADHD, ebay cases, packages lost in the mail, Fed Ex unreasonable fees, damged goods, wrong toy, fakes, customs, third parties, angry smileys, lol.

Man, maybe it's only about the PAIN! ;) ...which leaves, DRAMA, which is what happens between PAIN and more PAIN in a compulsive collector's world.

Nope. :D

I would never lie to my wife and I don't know the last time I over spent. And if I over spend, it certainly doesn't mean cutting corners or debt. As for all of the bolded stuff, it's not a part of collecting for me. Hell, most of that stuff sounds flat out unethical and not very much fun. If all of that stuff is a big part of collecting for you, then I would stop.

#25 rusvan

rusvan

toysRus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:47 AM

Man, maybe it's only about the PAIN! ;) ...which leaves, DRAMA, which is what happens between PAIN and more PAIN in a compulsive collector's world.

Nope. :D

I would never lie to my wife and I don't know the last time I over spent. And if I over spend, it certainly doesn't mean cutting corners or debt. As for all of the bolded stuff, it's not a part of collecting for me. Hell, most of that stuff sounds flat out unethical and not very much fun. If all of that stuff is a big part of collecting for you, then I would stop.

And this is why C, that you are a rolemodel for the WHOLE mini toy collecting community. :D I really need to stop lying to my wife, lol!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com