Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Unknown Figures: Old Super Sentai looking 3" Non-Articulating Figures

Best Answer TheCosmicBird , 08 March 2021 - 05:35 AM

I scoured a bunch of Sonic Rangers stuff and it led me to Super Robotic Rangers (which use the white diagonal ovals). These figures showed up in a couple pictures but definitely seem to be either a bootleg or a cheap release. Found a picture of the black, green, and red ones as well which sparked my memory lol I used to have them too but idk where they went.

Seems this is mostly solved. Thanks a lot!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheCosmicBird

TheCosmicBird

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, War Monsters, Fistful of Aliens, War Planets, Street Sharks, Gargoyles, Biker Mice from Mars, Monster Rancher

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:01 PM

Hi, I've had these figs since I was really young. Can't remember how I even got them, but I assume they were handed down from somebody. I've never been able to identify them, they are plastic but kind of hard rubbery, 3 inches tall, and have no articulation at all. They are pretty worn and some weird discoloration is happening, especially on the white figures right foot.

There is no company stamps or logo anywhere. All there is is a "made in China" stamp on their backs. The blue ones stamp is accompanied by the number 2. If the white one had a number, it is worn off.

Anyone know of or remember these guys? Please let me know!

Attached Files

#2 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 07 March 2021 - 07:35 PM

Daft Punk?

Thank you

#3 TheCosmicBird

TheCosmicBird

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, War Monsters, Fistful of Aliens, War Planets, Street Sharks, Gargoyles, Biker Mice from Mars, Monster Rancher

Posted 07 March 2021 - 07:41 PM

Lol that would be funny if it was possible. I'm older than Daft Punk and these things are older than me. 

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:06 PM

These are either Soma Sonic Ranger figures of some kind or another bootleg that ripped them off. One of their telltale signs is the use of those three ovals at a diagonal. Not sure if they got a C&D over the Sonic Ranger line using three white diamonds, but that's what they later switched to, hoping to somewhat evoke the MMPR chest patterns.

#5 TheCosmicBird

TheCosmicBird

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 05:35 AM   Best Answer

I scoured a bunch of Sonic Rangers stuff and it led me to Super Robotic Rangers (which use the white diagonal ovals). These figures showed up in a couple pictures but definitely seem to be either a bootleg or a cheap release. Found a picture of the black, green, and red ones as well which sparked my memory lol I used to have them too but idk where they went.

Seems this is mostly solved. Thanks a lot!

#6 CatRabbit

CatRabbit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 05:36 PM

The discoloration looks like something has reacted with copper in the metallic paint, so a form of probably poisonous verdigris? If you want to get him back a water-based 'antique gold' tempera or gauche from a picture-framers will be best.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com