• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Peikko

Peikko

Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:horror movies, comics, The Shadow (comics & old time radio), My Little Pony, Sonic the Hedgehog, Monster High, insects (esp beetles and cockroaches), clowns, The Phantom of the Opera, giraffes, trolls

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hey all! I thought I'd start posting up some of my art. Here are my recent watercolor commissions, and my submission for the DKE Toys 99 Deaths of Jar Jar show that was at DCon this year. Watercolors are 3.5" x 4.75", and Jar Jar getting vivisected is 8.5" x 11".  

Attached File  VirvaPeikkoNosferatuWatercolor.jpg   468.96K   12 downloads Attached File  FrankenMinion.jpg   398.6K   17 downloads Attached File  MetalunaMutant.jpg   453.89K   18 downloadsAttached File  VirvaPeikkoCryptkeeperCommission.jpg   770.33K   25 downloads Attached File  CritterCommissionFinalVirvaPeikkoSigned.jpg   854.57K   36 downloads

Attached File  JarJarVivisectionResized.jpg   564.62K   34 downloads

Facebook: Art Page | Facebook: Personal Profile | Twitter | Instagram | Storenvy Shop

#2 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Great stuff.

I am still amazed at how little you charge for commission work and i could not be happier with my Critter art.

#3 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Great stuff!

I could look at pics of Jar-Jar being killed all day!

That critter eating E.T. is really cool!

#4 Peikko

Peikko

Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:horror movies, comics, The Shadow (comics & old time radio), My Little Pony, Sonic the Hedgehog, Monster High, insects (esp beetles and cockroaches), clowns, The Phantom of the Opera, giraffes, trolls

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'm super happy you like it PlasticSoul. I genuinely had a blast making it, and as a result I even got to watch Critters for the first time. 

Thanks, Rubberhammer! When you get a moment, you should check out the rest of the show here. DKE Toys posted everyone's entries on their flickr stream, and there are so many amazing pieces in it. 

--

Edit: I forgot to add that I have five $15 watercolor commissions available on my storenvy site right now if anyone is interested. 

Edited by Peikko, 26 November 2013 - 05:08 PM.

Facebook: Art Page | Facebook: Personal Profile | Twitter | Instagram | Storenvy Shop

#5 Peikko

Peikko

Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm getting ready for Amazing Arizona Comic Con in January and have been doing up some digital art for prints. The first is an 11"x17" print of the backer card I did for the Rainbow Blast Jabrony with KiLL!, complete with a figure silhouette, and the second is also an 11"x17" print based off a sketch card I did a while back: the MandOck, or a Mandark x Doc Ock mashup. 

Attached File  jabronybyVirvaPeikkoxKiLL!.png   259.26K   17 downloads Attached File  Mandock Facebook.png   229.55K   19 downloads 

If you happen to be in Arizona at the convention, come by and say hello! 

#6 Peikko

Peikko

Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

AAC update #2: I'll be sharing a table with KiLL! at artist ally table E39. Later today I'll be picking up the prints mentioned above - I'm trying to find super cheap poster tubes to order, so it'll be about another 1-2 weeks before I can post them up for online orders. I'll have them on hand at the convention.

I just activated these Wookie stickers on my storenvy shop, and this Friday I'll activate the listings for the One Last Day Comix 9th Art Anthology - which I have a 1-page comic featuring Gladys in - and for the Gladys figure. Due to the content of some of the other comics, I can't emphasize enough that the comic is for mature (18+) readers. The Gladys figure is a black-and-white "comic book edition" one that I've had available at conventions towards the end of last year, but never online until now. I'll get pictures of her out of packaging before I card the next ones.

Attached File  WookieStickerPack_original.jpg   107.33K   13 downloads Attached File  The_20ninth_20art_20cover_original_original.jpg   182.15K   19 downloads Attached File  GladysResized_400w.jpg   58.47K   20 downloads

Tonight I finished putting together a collection of pieces from various sketch books into a small, 16 page black-and-white booklet. I'm hoping to get it all printed and assembled later today. It includes some character designs, doodles, full-blown/finished pages, and some notes about the art. When it's all done, I'll put it up on my storenvy for $3. Here's the cover: 

Attached File  PeikkosSketchesBookOne.jpg   145.78K   15 downloads

tldr; Stuff! Things! Storenvy, soon! Convention madness, ahhh!

#7 Peikko

Peikko

Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

I was looking through everyone's awesome personal collections pictures and got inspired by seeing so many neat Battle Beasts. I've never seen one in person and I honestly don't know much about them at all, but I thought they looked really cool and wanted to draw two... well, battling. So here's a Battle Beasts inspired sketch card (2.5" x 3.5"): 

Attached File  BattleBeastsSketchCardPeikko.png   628.41K   25 downloads

It's up on my storenvy if anyone is interested! Charing $15 for it this time around because it took forever. 

#8 Peikko

Peikko

Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Here's a Bob's Burgers x Hamburglar x Archer crossover commission sketch card I finished coloring yesterday evening. 

Attached File  BobHamburglarSketchCardPeikko.png   512.95K   12 downloads

#9 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

The rabbit is dope and that crosser is so ridiculous but it makes sense at the same time. Cool stuff!

#10 Peikko

Peikko

Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Thank you, Plastic Soul! I had a lot of fun with both of those cards. 

Speaking of cards... new one up for $15! Zombie Pheyden - and for giggles I took a picture of the toy with the card. 

Attached File  ZombiePheydenVirvaPeikkoSketchCard.jpg   338.21K   13 downloadsAttached File  ZombiePheydenSketchCardVirvaPeikkoArtShot.jpg   499.97K   15 downloads

#11 Peikko

Peikko

Weirdo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

I've been doing some unofficial 11" x 17" gig posters with KiLL! lately, so here are pics of the ones we've posted up around downtown Phoenix in the last few months: 

Attached File  1966795_593860590705540_1965820735_n.png   219.26K   4 downloads Attached File  Off!.png   134.07K   5 downloads Attached File  RiffRaffNeonIcon.png   347.46K   10 downloads

Here's an awful Deadpool sketch card I made on a whim: 

Attached File  10155020_607290746029191_531295934265016593_n.jpg   67.35K   11 downloads

A Crawdad Kid copper magnet layered with patinas I made a while back: 

Attached File  10245272_610164862408446_3387687380613141640_n.jpg   40.33K   17 downloads

Annnndd... KiLL! and I made a 4 page, 4" x 5" comic book for Free Comic Book Day. We've already given away over 150 copies, and we wanted to extend the offer to all of our out of state and international friends. I have them up on storenvy for free - all I am asking is for $1.25 shipping US, or $1.75 shipping for international. Each one comes signed and sketched by me. :)

Attached File  Geobactar'sLunch.jpg   351.27K   13 downloads

#12 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:08 AM

Wow! Your work is awesome. I love the Jar-jar in the first post... its weirdly cool. Not the most traditional picture but i dig it!
Like the posters too

Keep up the good work! :D

#13 arjybarjy

arjybarjy

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Designer toys of all shapes and sizes. Gashapon.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:37 AM

Your art is really cool! I just checked out your storeny store and I love the sold out Bruce Lee custom!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com