• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#51 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

Kickback,

Sorry about the arms, I'm just starting to use that material, so the fits aren't 100% correct just yet (thus the beta pricing). I'd suggest sanding the arm pegs on the sandstones that you have, and superglue apparently works really well on that material, so the Triceratops may be salvagable if you join the bits back. 

What's odd is that two people who have gotten the sandstone ones have commented on the T-Rex's arms, but the other said they were loose. I'm wondering if there's some variability, print-by-print in that material.

So they fit correctly on the Plastic ones?

No Worries.That's what i was thinking about doing with them,Using a nail file.The Plastic ones fit pretty well,just really snug.I dig those mini's!

#52 stoffhimel

stoffhimel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

sounds like a production tolerance range problem. It may not be correctable, since shapeways does not disclose what the + or - tolerance range is.

#53 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

I decided to take some well deserved better pics.These are just too cool.

Triceratops

Attached File  DSCF2252.JPG   26.31K   33 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2253.JPG   28.67K   31 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2254.JPG   36.8K   34 downloads

Rex

Attached File  DSCF2260.JPG   79.25K   36 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2261.JPG   79.75K   28 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2263.JPG   82.36K   15 downloads

#54 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

Mini's

Attached File  DSCF2267.JPG   108.69K   23 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2268.JPG   101.31K   23 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2269.JPG   113.27K   12 downloads

#55 salazar4id

salazar4id

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Around for any RARE Laser Beasts.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

These are freaking awesome.

#56 salazar4id

salazar4id

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Around for any RARE Laser Beasts.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

These are freaking awesome.

#57 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:53 PM

Fixed up the  full colorstone!  :D I didn't even have to use glue.

Attached File  DSCF2281.JPG   63.42K   29 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2282.JPG   63.24K   25 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2283.JPG   63.21K   11 downloads

#58 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:37 AM

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo5_1280.jpg

I got my first test prints of my Combat Creatures,Titanic Triceratops in colored sandstone, Rampager Rex in Full Color Plastic, the combat creature minis in green polished plastic, and the still-awaiting-SuperFanArt approvals Beastformers Twilight Sparkle.

They’re shown with the Battle Beast Hippo in the first shot for scale.

What I’ve learned from these prints:

Full Color Sandstone’s tolerances are so divergent from the Strong and Flexible Plastics that I’m going to be putting up two files for each creature. The one done for Full Color Sandstone will not have arm articulation, it doesn’t work well even when the pegs are the right size. This means that until Shapeways offers Full Color Plastic for sale the full color versions will only be available as non-articulated figurines. 

Full Color plastic is really nice. The shoulder joints fit perfectly and the color is very pretty (better than what shows up in the pics.).

That said, full color sandstone is also spiffy. It has a nice heft and isn’t as fragile as feared, but it is meant mainly for display statuettes. I don’t see this as a big deal, since how many of us are smashing our desk toys together anyhow?

I’m going to be updating my models accordingly throughout the afternoon/evening. Check them out here.

Keep in mind that prices on strong-and-flexible plastic will be changing (mostly dropping) on the 7th. If you want something in sandstone or detail plastic, however, those aren’t changing and you can order immediately.

Also, a new creation!

tumblr_ncwwrsicC61qlxixqo4_1280.jpg

Fetid Fly!

I went more TMNT with this one, with dripping ooze, a garbagecan backpack (rusted out bottom revealing trash inside, etc). He, of course, reuses parts of Muty McFly.

#59 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

Trent, you are killing with these! Bravo!!

#60 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

I have to agree that the designs for these are fantastic (not gonna lie though, the Pony makes me cringe a little ;) ) The Fetid Fly is my favorite so far!

I'm still holding out for the possibility of rubber down the road, but very good work!

#61 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncw5jmbK8Q1qlxixqo5_1280.jpg

I got my first test prints of my Combat Creatures,Titanic Triceratops in colored sandstone, Rampager Rex in Full Color Plastic, the combat creature minis in green polished plastic, and the still-awaiting-SuperFanArt approvals Beastformers Twilight Sparkle.

They’re shown with the Battle Beast Hippo in the first shot for scale.

What I’ve learned from these prints:

Full Color Sandstone’s tolerances are so divergent from the Strong and Flexible Plastics that I’m going to be putting up two files for each creature. The one done for Full Color Sandstone will not have arm articulation, it doesn’t work well even when the pegs are the right size. This means that until Shapeways offers Full Color Plastic for sale the full color versions will only be available as non-articulated figurines. 

Full Color plastic is really nice. The shoulder joints fit perfectly and the color is very pretty (better than what shows up in the pics.).

That said, full color sandstone is also spiffy. It has a nice heft and isn’t as fragile as feared, but it is meant mainly for display statuettes. I don’t see this as a big deal, since how many of us are smashing our desk toys together anyhow?

I’m going to be updating my models accordingly throughout the afternoon/evening. Check them out here.

Keep in mind that prices on strong-and-flexible plastic will be changing (mostly dropping) on the 7th. If you want something in sandstone or detail plastic, however, those aren’t changing and you can order immediately.

Also, a new creation!

tumblr_ncwwrsicC61qlxixqo4_1280.jpg

Fetid Fly!

I went more TMNT with this one, with dripping ooze, a garbagecan backpack (rusted out bottom revealing trash inside, etc). He, of course, reuses parts of Muty McFly.

Did your arms fit?

#62 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

Did your arms fit?

They did for the T-rex in plastic, but didn't for the prints using sandstone, and the joints are mathematically identical. This is my big reason between setting up the sandstone prints as their own, non-jointed figurines.

#63 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:07 AM

Judging by the texture of the material, I'd guess that is the culprit. I think you might want to attempt to remove burrs from both the post and the hole. Carefully, maybe using a 220 grit to start. Maybe a sanding stick for the holes? Sand a little, test fit, repeat until you've got a fit.

Just a guess based on images, but I'd put money on that being the issue.

#64 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:45 AM

Judging by the texture of the material, I'd guess that is the culprit. I think you might want to attempt to remove burrs from both the post and the hole. Carefully, maybe using a 220 grit to start. Maybe a sanding stick for the holes? Sand a little, test fit, repeat until you've got a fit.

Just a guess based on images, but I'd put money on that being the issue.

It's possible that I might be able to sand it down sufficiently, I managed to get one of Twilight's arms working, but that took a lot of work and that's a lot more than I'm willing to put on potential customers. Hopefully Shapeways will open full color plastic for sale soon and it won't be a big deal. 

#65 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

It only took me 10-20 mins with a Knife and a nail file to do both Arm pegs on the triceratops.

Edited by 108KickBack, 05 October 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#66 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

I really like the way these things look, I'm just not sure if I want to go the mono coloured route on them yet.

I'm going to wait for a bit, most certainly, to see if Shapeways will come through on some full-colour plastic.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#67 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

Shapeways altered their pricing formulas on the "Strong and Flexible" plastics. While this has required the addition of sprues/runners on some models, the cost to produce most of my models has dropped, in some cases quite substantially. I've gone through and updated the prices accordingly.

In addition to the Combat Creatures, there are 5mm Transformers-compatible weapons, a pack of Jack-Kirby inspired Masters of the Universe compatible 4mm-grip weapons and some other fun surprises. Check it out!

#68 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

i can't wait for wave 2!

#69 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

Just ordered the combat creature minis in green polished plastic. So excited!

#70 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

The first wave 2 figure is done. I wanted to make sure I had a completely new genus represented before the Allosaurus and the Styracosaurus.

tumblr_nd8ypkemF41sktul3o1_1280.jpg

Gentlemen, I give you...

Stab-Happy Stegosaur!

#71 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

The first wave 2 figure is done. I wanted to make sure I had a completely new genus represented before the Allosaurus and the Styracosaurus.

tumblr_nd8ypkemF41sktul3o1_1280.jpg

Gentlemen, I give you...

Stab-Happy Stegosaur!

AWESOME! Lots of great detail and the paint app looks super retro!

#72 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

Looks like im going to have to invest in another acrylic display case.These are great ,Keep them coming!

#73 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

tumblr_nd9pctHNkI1qlxixqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd9pctHNkI1qlxixqo2_1280.jpg

Stalwart Styracosaur and Atomic Allosaur are both available in full color Sandstone. Still haven't heard back from Shapeways about the bug that keeping me from posting them in the plastics.

I have also created this:

tumblr_ndalu72EjW1sktul3o1_1280.jpg

Ninja Weapons Set M, Chain Weapons. One of the advantages 3d printing has is you can make interlocked designs, like chains, very easily, so if your Michelangelo, or anyone else, needs a set of 'chucks with working chains, i've got you covered. 

#74 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

Toysmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

Combat Creatures Mini-Figures Now For Sale

In addition to the 2" Battle Beast sized Combat Creatures, I offer approximately 1 1/2" versions in two-packs, and now a six pack. The figures come sprued to make the pricing as effective as possible under Shapeway's new price system. 

The sets are:

tumblr_ndepyc2qYu1qlxixqo5_1280.jpgtumblr_ndepyc2qYu1qlxixqo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndepyc2qYu1qlxixqo7_1280.jpgtumblr_ndepyc2qYu1qlxixqo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndepyc2qYu1qlxixqo4_1280.jpgtumblr_ndepyc2qYu1qlxixqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndepyc2qYu1qlxixqo1_1280.jpgtumblr_ndepyc2qYu1qlxixqo2_1280.jpg

You can choose from a wide variety of colors and each. Size-wise they're about the size of standard gaming miniatures or vending machine toys. 

Edited by TrentTroop, 13 October 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#75 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:22 AM

Just emailed by Shapeways that my order will be delayed up to 3 weeks. Bummer.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com