• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrJosephKennedy

MrJosephKennedy

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Beast Saga, Battle Beasts / Beastformers, MP Transformers, Diaclone, G.I. Joe, M.U.S.C.L.E Men, gatcha & claw games, Gundam, Macross, Metal Slug, Mega Man

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:41 AM

Collecting Diaclone and MP Third Party since 2010 lead me to Takara Land book; an amazing read. That lead me to Beast Saga and now I almost have a full collection. I love the sculpts and the game. The deck & dice building has a lot depth and strategy.

Who’s stilling collecting and playing the game in 2021? I’m still holding out for a fan or third party company to make the unreleased figures.

https://beastformers...t-couldve-been/

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:36 AM

Guess most of the early collectors, like myself, who´ve been looking out for the Beast Saga line as soon as it was released, there´s not much left to collect because most of us probably have had to luck to purchase most pieces straight away. It´s now already becoming a bit harder to find some of them and it´ll become even harder over time.

But similar to the Battle Beasts line this 21st century remake which a lot of collectors had been looking out for for decades sadly enough wasn´t living up to the expectations of most BB collectors simply because they´re designed in the same spirit but the quality/design difference is huge. They simply don´t make and design toys anymore like they did back in the 80´s. That´s something that the Beast Saga line made very clear. It still is an interesting line and TAKARA did have serious plans with it considering the amount of money and effort they´d put into promoting it but it wasn´t enough.

The What could have been post showed some of the awesome prototypes that were shared in the Takara Land Book it would have been awesome if they´d have been produced but also those wouldn´t have made any difference to the outcome...

For some reason the Battle Beasts and the Beast Saga just weren´t lucky enough to survive, a line like Pokemon shows how different things could´ve gone as well because in the end and in a certain way Battle Beasts can be considered the ancestors of Pokemon having Fire, Wood and Water.

We´ll just have to enjoy, cherish and preserve the pieces they did release and hope for a surprise in the future.

Enjoy the Beasts!  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 MrJosephKennedy

MrJosephKennedy

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Beast Saga, Battle Beasts / Beastformers, MP Transformers, Diaclone, G.I. Joe, M.U.S.C.L.E Men, gatcha & claw games, Gundam, Macross, Metal Slug, Mega Man

Posted 05 February 2021 - 05:38 PM

Thanks, man!

I think it's possible to bring some of this back. As 3D printing becomes more mainstream, you'll see hobbyists take up collections like this.

I work in games and all game devs love table top games. Aside from Beasts themselves, the different game mechanics you can achieve with the dice is promising. And it was cool to see Takara Tomy expand the rules and add new dice as the line aged. That means this game can evolve. For me, adding to this game would be amazing. I'm hoping new game devs hop in and expand the game mechanics as well.

We'll see. More to come for sure.. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com