#1 Snuff

Snuff

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:MIMP

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

So, I've seen in different topics on this forum a discussion about the rarity of the Series 1 Premiums or Promotionals, but none dedicated to this topic exclusively.

Is the rarity directly linked to their original source? (Board game, Nabisco Wheat Square Cereal, NJ Arcade, Cassette, ...) It seems so.

I've seen that Cyan Cyclops and also Pink Cyclops are on the rarity top, and they come from the NJ Arcade. It's the same with Orange T-Rex and Hydra, also Pink and Cyan Jotun Troll.

Also, I've found that Cockatrice, in Orange or Pink, is one of the most common promotional figures (Nabisco Cereal) together with Orange Hobgoblin that was in the cereals and the cassette. Oddly, it was also the source of Orange Werewolf, and I thin that one is pretty rare.

And what about the lower part of the table, starting with the Orange Ghoul? Do you guys find different rarities amongst them?

In general terms, what is your experience with the premium/promotional of Series 1.

#2 Dfrazzer

Dfrazzer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:10 PM

Pine Green and Orange Hydra are NJ Arcade too. Orange Ghoul and Phantom, Blue Mad Scientist ,Winged Panther, Mummy, Charon, Pink The Beast and Witch, Pine Green Spring-Heeled Jack, Invisible Man, Skeleton and Hunchback all came from various Kellogg's cereals in the Uk only. As for rarity of the UK premiums I'd say the rarest are Blue Wnged Panther, Mummy, Pink The Beast and Witch, maybe Pine Green Skeleton as it took me a year to find one.

Edited by Dfrazzer, 25 July 2018 - 10:28 PM.

#3 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:55 AM

I’m from the U.K. and have owned and sold all of the U.K. premiums at one point or another. In terms of what I found most difficult to find/sold for the most money it’s hands down pink The Beast, followed closely by pink Witch. Cyan Winged Panther I only ever owned one of. The easiest to find and ones I had multiples of were orange Ghoul and orange Phantom. Funnily enough Jud, the first premium I ever bought when I got back into collecting was a pine green Skeleton.

On a sidenote, prepare for the market to be flooded with cyan Winged Panthers and cyan Mummies, as well as a bunch of pine green U.K. premiums as a large lot of them sold the other day. From what the seller told me, I have reason to believe they’ll all be listed as soon as they’re received, possibly by a certain American seller who likes to ask a lot for what they’re selling.

#4 Snuff

Snuff

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

Somebody just paid 101€ (around 117$) for a Pine Green T-Rex... funny that from the same guy who was selling a lot of promos individually, the Pink Cyclops "only" achieved 40.5€ (around 47$)

#5 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

On a sidenote, prepare for the market to be flooded with cyan Winged Panthers and cyan Mummies, as well as a bunch of pine green U.K. premiums as a large lot of them sold the other day. From what the seller told me, I have reason to believe they’ll all be listed as soon as they’re received, possibly by a certain American seller who likes to ask a lot for what they’re selling.

$100 premiums from our favorite gouger!

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#6 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:19 AM

I was the bidder on the cyclops, if it's the one that was for sale in France. I also won the orange t rex. Haven't bid on any figures for a good year or so because I was down to needing only 4 s1 figures, a handful of skeleton dinosaurs and so on, so I went a bit nuts. But I was surprised how high the pine t rex went, especially a few years back there were a fair amount of them around. 

My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#7 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:03 PM

I was the bidder on the cyclops, if it's the one that was for sale in France. I also won the orange t rex. Haven't bid on any figures for a good year or so because I was down to needing only 4 s1 figures, a handful of skeleton dinosaurs and so on, so I went a bit nuts. But I was surprised how high the pine t rex went, especially a few years back there were a fair amount of them around.

I agree, the pine T-Rex was a real shocker. I was watching all of that seller’s figures, in particular the pink Cyclops. My bid didn’t register for some reason, but I’ve just managed to buy one through a private sale anyways. Same with a GITD Cerberus. The French seller’s sold for £17 plus shipping; I managed to buy one through my Facebook group for £10 posted and already have it in hand now.

Edited by bigburty, 02 August 2018 - 01:04 PM.

#8 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:45 PM

Nice one, I got the two I won from the French seller today ans they are in perfect condition which is good..everytime I've got a figure I've needed in the last godknows how long its been damaged or something amiss. 

Didn't think cerberus fetched that much in glow in the dark, I sold some in the past for half that on ebay :D

My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#9 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:57 PM

Nice one, I got the two I won from the French seller today ans they are in perfect condition which is good..everytime I've got a figure I've needed in the last godknows how long its been damaged or something amiss. 

Didn't think cerberus fetched that much in glow in the dark, I sold some in the past for half that on ebay :D

Some of the series 1, 2 and 3 stuff seems to be selling well on eBay currently as must be new collectors around. My FB Page has had a lot of new blood recently too, so things are picking up. That’s another reason I’m trying to just deal privately, to avoid competing with new collectors. I haven’t bought any MIMP in a long while though before the pink Cyclops and GITD Cerberus.

#10 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

Keep in mind that "New Jersey Arcade Premium" is really just an anecdotal name. Some of these figures have popped up in various places across Europe and even a lot in Mexico (No, I'm not talking about similar Sonrics). New Jersey Arcade is just a reference of where we knew they were originally discovered; as well as the State where the bulk of them seem to be coming. My opinion is that the arcade simply bought them as overstock items for cheap prizes and there was no actual exclusivity deal with Matchbox. That would be pretty crazy of Matchbox to partner with some cheesy boardwalk arcade. 

Edited by PaulEWog116, 11 August 2018 - 09:55 AM.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#11 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:52 AM

Somebody just paid 101€ (around 117$) for a Pine Green T-Rex... funny that from the same guy who was selling a lot of promos individually, the Pink Cyclops "only" achieved 40.5€ (around 47$)

Pine T-Rex is considerably rarer than most people appreciate. There was a time when he was popping up a lot; but those times have been gone for years now. I'm sure there are more out there, but he has been very scarce for the past three years at least. 

I would also echo that pink Beast and Witch take the prize for rarity in the UK premiums. None of the others are too hard to find imo.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com