8 replies to this topic

#1 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 09:19 PM

i just picked up the latest 4 guys from he-man, but i have never seen a ram man. is he even shipping anymore? plus i never saw a mekaneck. has anyone ever seen these in their stores? i would hate to hit up ebay as the only way to obtain them
www.rawkthreads.com

#2 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 11:25 PM

Don't buy them from Ebay. I got both and have seen several in Sioux City IA, Lincoln NE, Kansas City MO, and all the small towns inbetween. They have been at TRU, Walmart, Kohls, KB, Target, etc... Ram Man was easy to find, however, I have only seen one in the last month. Mek-a-nek I haven't seen in almost 2 months (a little less). Be paitent. Unless you can find them for little $ over retail.
THEGODBEAST :D

#3 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 07:16 AM

Speaking of Mek-a-neck, you should check out Nathan's hilarious review of this figure.

#4 Liokaiserbf

Liokaiserbf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 07:51 AM

You may want to check out bigbadtoystore.com first before hitting ebay, and I have seen Ramman once but since looked like the old toy (no legs just the spring action look) didn't care for him. If they gave him real legs for once woulda been buying but again really didn't have the money and I think I spotted him when I was christmas shopping, Around October or so.

Mek-a-nek on the other hand, haven't seen him and I hope to find a Psi-clone I have the original but I really liked his look for the new series.

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 09:09 AM

I found Ram Man during the first wave he was released. But last wave they released a ton of him. Mekanek I just found recently (the only one I've seen) so I'm not sure on his status, but I would assume they will mass release him shortly.

#6 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 09:20 AM

I've seen Ram Man around a bit... he's not plentiful, but if you do some searching in obscure places, you'll probably find him. I've only seen Mekaneck once... fortunately. God, that figure sucks.

Anyway, on a related note, I'm not too pleased with the case assortments Mattel is choosing with the MOTU line. There seems to be waaay too many He-mans and Skeletors around, and way too little of pretty much all the other figures. I believe some of the secondary figures are only packed one per case, while He-man/Skeletor repaints are packed three or four per case. I hope Mattel fixes this with future assortments. They rationalize it by saying that it's what the kids want, but I'm sure that kids want more than just endless He-man and Skeletor repaints.

-Nathan

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 09:52 AM

Tell me about it. The case pack ratios SUCK BIG TIME!!! Oh yeah, and so does Mek-a-neck! He sucks cuz you still have to twist his body to make his head raise, which makes him look stupid. Why did they not just put a small leaver on his back that you push up to make his head raise? That would allow you to have him head on and his head raised, not rooster-eyed, twisted, like a Richard Simmons sweatin' to the oldies pose!

THEGODBEAST ;)

#8 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 10:48 AM

i read sumthin on www.he-man.org awhile back when they talked with a guy from mattel and he mentioned about sumthin with the short packing. i forget what i was though, so it kinda mkes this post pretty worthless... im gonna go now
www.rawkthreads.com

#9 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 01:43 PM

I've only ever seen three Ram Man's, and I own one of them.....

NEVER seen a Mekky......

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com