5 replies to this topic

#1 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:11 AM

I'm curious as to what figures the GB made, that could get $400 a piece? And shipping isn't free? Crazy so far!

Edited by Sixthwizard, 26 April 2016 - 03:12 AM.

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:45 AM

TGB sold these before most people were casting their own figures so he charged what he wanted for a custom art piece. No one now ever charges anywhere near what he charged or what they go for now. Very cool figures, But it's one of those things that just is, if you want one it's expensive.

#3 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:27 PM

Just out of interest ...as I'm not up on current value of TGB's old customs or any really, how come they are so expensive?
An original Skull Grotess complete sold on here for $350 posted the other week how come these are $250?

Don't get me wrong they are insanely cool but they are only customs.

Ed

Edit I see this has been answered elsewhere ...I will go back to sleep now lol.

Edited by Edmasta, 27 April 2016 - 11:35 PM.

bbb3.jpg

#4 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

Just out of interest ...as I'm not up on current value of TGB's old customs or any really, how come they are so expensive?
An original Skull Grotess complete sold on here for $350 posted the other week how come these are $250?
Ed

He still has most of the mold for LBs including SG and he charges 75 unless it's something like Custom LB Mothra ,the God Beasts molds are long gone though sadly.i want a set of God Beasts but not for ridiculous prices.

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:34 PM

Merged the threads. Changed the title.

Thnx Jon, great job!

I´ve actually been complaining at one of your Councils for the fact the initial replies where removed and the topic was closed.

But it looks like there were more Councils involved and one removed the replies while the other one locked it so it was a bit weird although I understood that the absence of the pics at first and the request of a Gift payment made it a bit tricky. Anyways its solved now and I´m happy with that because there´s some valid things to discuss here with the recent reproduction hype going on in the BB area.

TGB sold these before most people were casting their own figures so he charged what he wanted for a custom art piece. No one now ever charges anywhere near what he charged or what they go for now. Very cool figures, But it's one of those things that just is, if you want one it's expensive.

I think these lines say all and nothing at the same time because its definitely true that TGB could literally ask the price he wanted due to the fact he created those and with created those I´m not only talking, simple reproduction like some people are creating now, he CREATED the Godbeasts from scratch and based upon the ones that were found in the Japanese booklet that showed their sketched. So this imho is an artistic creation that should be respected, and over the years the TGB have become legendary amongst many collectors, simply because this is one of the few fan-art related creations that touched the feeling of the original line creating physical figures from original Sketch ideas that were created by a designer of Takara back in the days. TGB actually gave us figures we´d otherwise never have had..... And that´s why he charged what he did and why the figures today are still priced the way they are, which also has to do with the fact the original molds are dead and only a limited number of these Godbeasts is out there.

But the interesting part of this reply is the last line: ¨it´s one of those things that just is, if you want one it´s expensive.¨ for me with the Reproduction discussion from the BB area in my mind this feels a bit like a conflict to me because for me this line would be one on one applicable to that discussion where some of the rarer figs of the BB line like the Stone Cobra or a Clear Carp seem to be ok to reproduce without any marking or whatsoever while no one would ever dare to touch TGB´s figs creating reproductions of those. They´d better not without TGB agreeing on that but this is clearly showing the exact core of the problem because TGB creations are respected because of him being an artist and creating these in such a way they became legendary, that´s awesome but why do some of the new BB collectors don´t understand that this should also go for the original line!?!?! Yes if you do want an original Clear figure or a Stone Cobra it is expensive because it is one of those things that just is............... And if you do feel the urge to reproduce them or a buy a reproduction please mark it because the TGB Beasts clearly shows that the amount of figs available does something with the collectors value and NO this is not the $ value but the way in which those figures are respected and welcomed within the community creating the fact they´ve become legendary as such. This is the exact same reason why figs like Stone Cobra, Striped Carp or some of the higher LB have a special status amongst our community simply because of the fact they´re not that much around and it are those numbers that create that feeling making them legendary or mythical figures. All of this priceless feeling is spoiled, wasted and disrespected by the creation of Reproductions because the creators and supporters of these always back and defend themselves with the fact that the original ones are to expensive and these reproductions are a good and cheap replacement in order to get what they want. I can live with that but it STILL seems like its to much asked to ADD A MARKING TO REPRODUCTIONS in order to make them clearly noticeable as Reproduction since this is something the creators don´t seem to worry about resulting in the fact that in a couple of years from now the whole History we´ve always been protecting here will be rewritten with larger numbers of (fake or real?) rare BB figures around because in the end no one will be able to tell or care anymore because of all this. That´d be a big shame because we´ll not only loose the History of the BB with that but also the magic and legendary status some of these harder to find figures have for (purist) collectors out here. 

I'm curious as to what figures the GB made, that could get $400 a piece? And shipping isn't free? Crazy so far!

Ed

Think a big part of this has been answered with my response above on the legendary and earned status they original TGB have BUT when it comes to his Reproductions of clear versions of Skull Grotess, Cobra and others I do agree with most of the people out here that the prices he´s been asking are ridiculous because that´s the same thing going on as we´ve going on recently with the reproductions of various BB as in so called ¨American Made¨ and ¨Russian Custom¨ Beasts which are no more than a simple copy of the original figure. But unlike the prices those recent Repro´s TGB created those in a period where he somehow got away asking those prices. Insane imho simply because unlike the energy and artistic input he invested into creating the Godbeasts those are not representing any artistic value other than a simple and easy copy of the original fig for which all credits belong to the original line. Today asking the prices TGB has been asking for those reproduction creations doesn´t make any sense any longer because there´s people out there now creating the same look for only a fraction of the price so I´m afraid that those TGB creations have completely lost it now and that´s not a matter of a disappearing legendary/magical status but the simply outcome of the fact that those figures didn´t really add anything to the line other than creating some problems in those cases Clear Carps or Gators where created. So TGB´s reproductions Beasts are the perfect example of how creations like these simply die out and end up holding no value to the BB community other than the fact some of these are fun to have or look at because of their color combinations like the ones created today for $10-$20 each. It´s one of those things that just is but they shouldn´t be expensive because its just a trick and, which without a simple mark is no more than a serious harm for the original line while, the real value and respect should go to the original line.

I think most of the people and BB collectors out here will agree with me that TGB´s Gobeasts are one of the few creations that hold a bit of the BB magic within them, wish that kind of respect and magical feeling would still go and would be understood for the original line as well.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

Sorry about the ridiculous price.

This is the reason why I hid the posts initially. It's not good form to pop in and discuss people's prices on their threads.

If you're interested in Venom's items, feel free to send him a PM or post in here to work it out.

This is not a soap box to discuss reproductions, prices, etc. We have other sections of the forums to do that in.

Venom, let me know if you'd like me to clean up this thread for you. I'll be sure to section the valuable discussion points into other topics.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com