• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 05:26 PM

Well, the eBay auction that we all wondered about came in today, all the way from the land of SARS.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
(Click Me!)

The figure is really odd, for a few reasons. First, and most noticeable, the left upper arm is a yellowish clear plastic, while the left forearm is the same, but almost a milky yellow color in appearance. The right upper arm is an opaque milky color. The head is fully painted, as are the Japanese version (the US version is molded in flesh colored plastic, and only the hair, eyes and Band-Aid are painted).

But....that is where the similarity to his Japanese counterpart ends. Similar to the US version, from top to bottom:

His joints are gray as in the US version, not blue like the Japanese figure.

His torso is painted the same as the US version, without the added shading of the Japanese version.

His feet lack the gray treads as in the Japan toy, but are the same color as the rest of the shoe, like the US version.

Also, the trademarks on the bottom of his feet match the US toy.

There are two things that are unique to this figure though, they are:

Posted ImageHis shoulder joints are molded in gray plastic.

On the US versions, these are molded in the flesh plastic, and in the Japanese version this is a clear plastic, painted flesh.

His knee pads. The oval on his knee pads almost seem to dip in on this figure, whereas on both the US and Japanese version, they are more rounded. They are also a slightly lighter shade of gray than the US version.

For the $17 I paid for this guy, including shipping from Hong Kong, I am very, very happy!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com