• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Randommaddness

Randommaddness

Titleless One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Quicker to list the things i don't collect.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

Ive only been collecting muscles for 6 months, what doubles i get i pass on down to my nephews.

I was going thru some guys i got when i noticed a difference with MapMan.

DSC04746_zpsz5eslnft.jpg

the new one has a plug in the top of his head, can it be pulled out?

#2 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

Try and pull it out

#3 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

Try and pull it out

This coupled with your new profile pic...............

#4 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

LMAO!

#5 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

This coupled with your new profile pic...............

hahahaha......

that is an odd Mapman.  Seems like April fools on Halloween kind of stuff.  haha...  Like a Map o' Lantern.

You should cut his eyes out and put a small LED in the head.

Edited by Sixthwizard, 02 November 2015 - 02:32 PM.

#6 Randommaddness

Randommaddness

Titleless One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:45 PM

Tried to pull it out, but the bottom of the plug is conical and seems to be attached inside his head at the tip.

I dont want to tear it out, so im just going to leave as is. Ive looked at shit load of mapman on ebay and none have had that plug, it does kinda make him look like a Jack o' Lantern.

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:09 PM

I did something similar with the back of a pencil with the eraser missing. Used the metal to make my own BHS. Maybe someone did the same, or something similar.

#8 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:40 AM

I did something similar with the back of a pencil with the eraser missing. Used the metal to make my own BHS. Maybe someone did the same, or something similar.

Nice!

#9 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:58 AM

Yeah I'm totally gonna have to do that now

#10 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:58 AM

I can't believe that worked! Or did you just use that as a reference for the circle and cut it out with something else? Unless you were using a Keshi figure instead of a Muscle? That would work better I would think. Clever idea, regardless. 

Also, as far as the mapman goes, does it actually have any give, or real movement when you pull on it? I find the idea of this figure very interesting. If it is a factory error, that has to be the most strangely unique one I have ever heard of!

#11 Randommaddness

Randommaddness

Titleless One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

Yes there is movment, it does move from side to side, i can get my nails under it and looks down in several centimeters evenly in all directions.

The hole is perfectly circular and the walls going down into the head are fully smooth, no cutting striations at all.

When looking down inside it really seems that the tip of whats inside is attached inside somehow.

Ive given it a few gentle tugs, but have no desire to destroy it in my curiosity.

Edited by Randommaddness, 05 November 2015 - 01:43 PM.

#12 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

Definitely not a variant, but a factory error or someone else' doing

#13 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

If you really want to examine it, try this. 

Bring a pot of water to a boil.  Turn it off. Put some fabric in the bottom.  Drop the figure in for a minute. The fabric is so there is no chance of the figure melting a bit against the metal. 

Or, just put the figure in a ceramic mug and dump the near-boiling water on top of it.

You will be surprised how pliable a MUSCLE becomes.  You should be able to play around with that head part and get it to detach or figure out what's up. 

Test with a junk MUSCLE first if you want.

This is also the way to fix warps or create your own warps.

#14 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

If you really want to examine it, try this. 

Bring a pot of water to a boil.  Turn it off. Put some fabric in the bottom.  Drop the figure in for a minute. The fabric is so there is no chance of the figure melting a bit against the metal. 

Or, just put the figure in a ceramic mug and dump the near-boiling water on top of it.

You will be surprised how pliable a MUSCLE becomes.  You should be able to play around with that head part and get it to detach or figure out what's up. 

Test with a junk MUSCLE first if you want.

This is also the way to fix warps or create your own warps.

to add to this....to fix warps run under really cold water to set the shape!! i love this method...saved 100s of figures!

#15 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

to add to this....to fix warps run under really cold water to set the shape!! i love this method...saved 100s of figures!

yep, forgot that part. 

To make weird warps:  When they are pliable, you can ball them up or make odd shapes.  Use rubber bands to hold them in place.  Run under cold water. I tend to leave the rubber bands on for a few hours.... After you have removed the rubber bands, in a day or so after that they will have moved back slightly toward their original positioning, but they never fully return.  Unless you boil them again.  

Edited by steverotters, 05 November 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#16 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:35 AM

It's attached by itself. Sounds like someone tried to cut it and just didn't get the last little cut holding the rubber together. That's why it has some give to it.

I wouldn't give this figure much thought, man. It's just someone's trial and error figure.

When I first started collecting, I though I had found all kinds of one-offs, errors, etc..... None of them were. Hell- the first 151 I ever had, I remember thinking the "LOD" on its head was unique and only mine had it on there. Hahaha....

You will find this out sooner or later- none of your figures are unique as one-offs or errors.....

Don't let this cut your excitement though, you maaaaay find one someday.... After all, a green BamBamJi was found, mans there's only one!

I would just pull the damn piece off and see what the deal is......I bet you'll find it rips off because it is still one piece.

Edited by Sixthwizard, 06 November 2015 - 12:37 AM.

#17 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:39 AM

Could be some treasure inside....haha...a super deformed micro bootleg mapman!

#18 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:56 AM

yeah I dont see this being a variant at all, The original Japanese one is all one piece and the US muscles were cast from the same molds. Someone was just messing around with this one. 

#19 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:18 AM

Just what Eric said. Case closed.

#20 mailman

mailman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

It could be a special rare muscle that was made that way by the factory.

#21 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

Whatever you do, don't mix it in with your other muscles. Then it will become just a muscle......which it is.....

Edited by Sixthwizard, 07 November 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#22 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:33 AM

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. It actually looks like a cap or plug to me. Like the diameter of the "plug" is greater than that of the hole. Is this the case? It is somewhat difficult to tell by the picture. If it is I'm not sure how or why this would be carried out by anyone post production. Is there anyway you could take more/closer pictures of it? I would like to see some. 

#23 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:14 AM

Has nobody read this from the top?

I'm not sure how or why this would be carried out by anyone post production.

To make a "custom figure" of course!

Mapman has a cape. That's close to a cap!

The cut does look perfect, though. Like a machinist did it.

#24 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:21 AM

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. It actually looks like a cap or plug to me. Like the diameter of the "plug" is greater than that of the hole. Is this the case? It is somewhat difficult to tell by the picture. If it is I'm not sure how or why this would be carried out by anyone post production. Is there anyway you could take more/closer pictures of it? I would like to see some.

Weren't muscle casted from the same molds as kinkeshi? Mapman kinkeshi didn't have the cap. You don't see why someone would do this post production? lol. Have you seen some of the 100,000 painted, cut, kit bashed monstrosities that people have created with post production figures. It's nothing more than a messed up figure.

#25 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:54 AM

"rrrrrroadhouse"

-Peter Griffin

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com