#1 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

POPULAR

The first batch of M.U.S.C.L.E. I purchased included MuscleMan #1, and he was instantly my favorite. To me there's just no beating this sculpt, he's got the Superman pose going on, I love his outfit, I love that he's got a full cape on (not a big fan of the half cape look), he's as far as I can think from the top of my head the only Muscle figure that is wearing a championship belt, the dude is # freaking 1, he's just awesome! He was one of my first Muscle figures, he was my favorite so he was the first one I decided to try to paint, and in the end, I was pretty proud of how my paint job held up. I took inspiration from the cover of Kinnikuman Perfect Collection, I thought he looked sweet so I went with that. Any who.. when it comes to my collection all I'm really after is collecting my favorite sculpts and I now own my favorite sculpt in every color that was made for the Muscle line, pretty stoked on it. So big thanks to three dudes, Sixthwizard who was the first dude to approach me on here, was super nice and while talking with him he directed me to tarmogoyf, who was also super nice and at some point directed me to adiy009, who as well as the others was super nice and who ended up selling me the last piece I needed for my #1 sculpt collection, the purple #1. So thank you dudes, I appreciate everything, I'm stoked to have all the #1's in every color and it's all because of you! Also big thanks to the LRG site because with out it I would have met these three dudes.

Attached File  muscleman1.png   317.31K   38 downloads

#2 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

Nice!  Now for #2 Buffaloman......haha....

#3 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:09 PM

Nice!  Now for #2 Buffaloman......haha....

Haha! I've thought about collecting him too, but for now I gotta stick with my favorites, MuscleMan which I just completed, Sunshine in all varations, and The Claw, which I'm missing two with him, one I may never own, lmao!

#4 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

I think you'll be very hard pressed to get all the Sunshines as well...but good luck...all you can do is keep moving forward

#5 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

I think you'll be very hard pressed to get all the Sunshines as well...but good luck...all you can do is keep moving forward

Oh I know, I'm practically only missing Class A's and some B's at this point, it'll be awhile before I get there though, lol.

#6 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:47 PM

Looks good!  Glad you finished off your set of 001 figures.

#7 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

Looks good!  Glad you finished off your set of 001 figures.

Thanks man, appreciate the help!

#8 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

Really nice pic. I love how you have them assembled. Makes me appreciate Muscle Man 001 even more. Glad the group is working out for you man. 

#9 Pran

Pran

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Great pic and nice achievement!!

#10 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

Really nice pic. I love how you have them assembled. Makes me appreciate Muscle Man 001 even more. Glad the group is working out for you man. 

Thanks man, I've got a buddy I've been selling a lot of figures to for the past two and half months or so and each time he gets all the colors to one sculpt he does this, so I really just took the idea from him, haha.

Great pic and nice achievement!!

Thanks man! I'm pretty proud of it.

#11 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

Great job and great arrangement. I like the cool colors vs warm colors layout.

#12 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

Looks nice. Awesome paint job too.

#13 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

You need to start collecting #1 in keshi as well there are different colors

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#14 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:04 PM

Great job and great arrangement. I like the cool colors vs warm colors layout.

Thanks man! :)

Looks nice. Awesome paint job too.

Thanks! I'm going to be doing a give away for this one soon, gonna repaint it, this one I put a clear coat on it and I just don't like it.

You need to start collecting #1 in keshi as well there are different colors

Maybe one day! I'm not a huge fan of the keshi figures, just cant get into the material they are made of, but who knows, I may finish what I want to do with M.U.S.C.L.E. and just decide I'll give the keshi a try.

#15 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:02 AM

I have to say- that green is pack fresh looking! Might be stealing a little thunder from the dark purple.

#16 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:07 AM

I have to say- that green is pack fresh looking! Might be stealing a little thunder from the dark purple.

Haha, Idk if it's because I surrounded him by darker colors or what but he is def. the eye catcher in the group! I mean dark purple is an eye catcher just because he's considered rare but when it comes to colors the green is where it's at.

#17 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:13 AM

Thanks! I'm going to be doing a give away for this one soon, gonna repaint it, this one I put a clear coat on it and I just don't like it.

The best paint for MUSCLE (or any soft plastic) is Model Masters ACRYL (this is the brand).  You will not have to clear coat.  Do not use Testors enamel (or any enamel) as it basically will not ever dry. 

#18 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

The best paint for MUSCLE (or any soft plastic) is Model Masters ACRYL (this is the brand).  You will not have to clear coat.  Do not use Testors enamel (or any enamel) as it basically will not ever dry. 

I use just normal crafts acrylic paint, i love how it goes on and how it dries, I just figured clear coating it would be a good idea, well, the clear coat left it sticky as shit.

#19 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

I use just normal crafts acrylic paint, i love how it goes on and how it dries, I just figured clear coating it would be a good idea, well, the clear coat left it sticky as shit.

I bet your clear coat is enamel.  :(

Avoid enamel on any rubber or pliable plastic. 

Try ACRYL.  It is shiny, unlike normal craft acrylics --  and it won't rub or peel off (with a fingernail, for example).

Edited by steverotters, 30 August 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#20 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

I bet your clear coat is enamel.  :(

Avoid enamel on any rubber or pliable plastic. 

Try ACRYL.  It is shiny, unlike normal craft acrylics --  and it won't rub or peel off (with a fingernail, for example).

The stuff I have is Patricia Nimocks Clear Acrylic Sealer, needless to say, I wont be using it again.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com