• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#26 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:15 PM

thanks for all the kind words. i'm trying to finish all my homework so i can be ready for the next contest. stupid defibrillator. i don't need to know how to use you. why must you be the bane of my existence.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#27 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

okay, i've got an entry of sorts for this competition. i didn't get a chance to draw it a couple of more times and get the kinks out of it. i've got school in july and have to start doing my damn homework, so i won't have time to finish this. wanted to refine his feet and left arm, just ran out of time.

so anyway, here it is, my chaotic chimera. he's been mutated by the science and magic that created him. his left arm is an enormous claw but his left wing is deformed. i made him a laser beast because i think they're cool and never had one growing up, so now i do have one.

don't feel good about entering an incomplete drawing but really wanted to enter a contest.

Now that is awsome!!! Nice job Dan! :D At first when it was loading I thought it was going to be Skull Grotess.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#28 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:38 AM

Wow, that’s really cool.

Where have all these artists come from recently? :)

#29 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:30 PM

thats pretty badass man, reminds me of something i would have drawin in my comic years... im definitely gonna have to bring my A-game now... beware ;) also, im glad to see you entering.

So what you're saying is...you haven't been bringing your A-game so far? :D

well yeah... come on, you think these piddly little drawings that ive been busting out are anything compared to my true ability, i think not. :)

:notme:

#30 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

So you can't color inside the lines Eric? :notme: Don't worry, I had a hard time when I was 3. :p

Posted Image

#31 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

okay, i've got an entry of sorts for this competition. i didn't get a chance to draw it a couple of more times and get the kinks out of it. i've got school in july and have to start doing my damn homework, so i won't have time to finish this. wanted to refine his feet and left arm, just ran out of time.

so anyway, here it is, my chaotic chimera. he's been mutated by the science and magic that created him. his left arm is an enormous claw but his left wing is deformed. i made him a laser beast because i think they're cool and never had one growing up, so now i do have one.

don't feel good about entering an incomplete drawing but really wanted to enter a contest.

You do know this is only the halfway point, since its a 2-month challenge. you still got 30, give or take...
Posted Image

#32 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

Man, i took so long to get on this and i'm still only the third entry? Come on people, this is an awesome category!

Anyway, sketched this over the weekend and colored it tonight. Some of it got cropped off because i used larger than normal paper this time, and my scanner bed wasn't quite big enough. But it's the best scan i could get. B)

Cthulhu as a Laser Beast...making Octillian Octopus look like a side order of calamari. :D

Posted Image
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#33 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:57 PM

Man, i took so long to get on this and i'm still only the third entry? Come on people, this is an awesome category!

Anyway, sketched this over the weekend and colored it tonight. Some of it got cropped off because i used larger than normal paper this time, and my scanner bed wasn't quite big enough. But it's the best scan i could get. B)

Cthulhu as a Laser Beast...making Octillian Octopus look like a side order of calamari. :D

Posted Image

thats well good, i love the way he looks lke he is asending out of the water to attack.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#34 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

i think i'm just going to have to write script that automatically votes for scumdogg in these contests. save me from having to click the mouse. :lol:

Edited by dankingery, 22 July 2008 - 04:31 PM.

#35 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

Anyway, sketched this over the weekend and colored it tonight. Some of it got cropped off because i used larger than normal paper this time, and my scanner bed wasn't quite big enough. But it's the best scan i could get. :)

Cthulhu as a Laser Beast...making Octillian Octopus look like a side order of calamari. :confused:

Posted Image

crap... i guess i'll have to draw something else... i knew i should of drawn my cthulhu BB sooner... oh well... might not have time to enter this one. =/

#36 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

they wouldn't be true battle beasts unless they battled for the title of true cthulhu battle beast. it'll be the cage match of the century.

#37 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:46 PM

crap... i guess i'll have to draw something else... i knew i should of drawn my cthulhu BB sooner... oh well... might not have time to enter this one. =/

Or you just need to stop reading my thoughts. ;) I sent a PM to theorgg letting him know i was doing a Cthulhu piece as soon as i started to work on sketches for this, i guess i'm just going to need to announce plans to everyone in advance now. :lol:

Also you've still got a few days. You can't just skip this one, it's awesome!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#38 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

here was my first sketch before i was gonna do an actual piece... if i dont get to finish one, i'll enter this.

Posted Image

#39 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

Zoinks! That's awesome. I think you and scumdogg need to draw an issue of "Fear Agent" That seriously is a bad ass piece. I love it!

#40 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:45 PM

that prelim is award winning. i'm hoping you still do the final draft. scumdogg is right, you can't skip this one brew. don't make me come over there and handcuff you to a table and force you to draw at gun point. :lol:

#41 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

not saying i dont wanna draw it, but i have other obligations, plus i was just forced moved back to my parents after being kicked out of my latest place and im trying to not get in the way with my tons of crap... plus there isnt much room to draw, since im not allowed to draw on the dinner table :M: haha

also i dont have a room anymore, just a hidabed. :lol:

#42 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

it'd break my heart if you didn't enter this one. i hope to at least see your sketch entered, if not a complete drawing.

#43 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

oh great... make me feel bad. =/ haha i'll enter... so how many days do i have~? 6... hmmm... we'll see.

#44 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:25 AM

i started something... you happy~?

#45 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:34 AM

excellent. i'll be happy when we've got 50 or more entries.

#46 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:56 AM

yeah, where is everyone~? nate~!? kevin~!?

Edited by Ericnilla, 26 July 2008 - 07:56 AM.

#47 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

I'm working on a second, non-Cthulhu entry now.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#48 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

ok... done. im just entering this one... the other was a preliminary precursor to this one.

my... Battle Beast Cthulhu...

Posted Image

#49 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

that is fantastic! balls, i don't know who to vote for now. i might just two-face this one and flip a coin.

#50 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

Yep, definitely doing an alternate entry now.

That armor is spectacular, Eric. :D

Wait a minute, does he even have an orb or rubsign? I smell a DQ. :lol:

Edited by Scumdogg, 26 July 2008 - 11:56 AM.

A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com