60 replies to this topic

#1 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:43 AM

Well, to follow JonnyPacs example, I'll start another contest!!!

This time it'll consist of three parts wich have something to do with the basic reasons this forum is such a great and vivid place! ;)

PART ONE:

Update your profile with:

A recent photo of yourself
Where you're from (country/city)

PART TWO:

Create something that has something to do with BB/LB. This could be a sketch/drawing/painting/digital art/story art/cards/customs/repaints/website/pricelist, basically everything that is unique, and no creations you posted earlier! :D
Note that it's not the skill, it's the EFFORT and IDEA behind the creation that I'll judge! So everybody has a fair chance I think.

PART THREE:

Answer the following question:

If HASBRO/TAKARA were to release one extra BB/LB as a premium, what would you like it to be? Describe as clearly as possible (kind of species, color, armor, weapon, name and such, again, be creative!)

THE PRICE:

ALL THREE CUSTOM REPAINT DEMON BATTLEBEASTS I MADE

CHECK HERE FOR PICS!

I'll give you guys the time untill end of november so you'll have more than enough time to complete your creation with as much devotion, creativity and inspiration as you'll need it to win!

Hope you guys like this contest!

GOOD LUCK! B) :lol:

Edited by markderoos, 25 October 2005 - 07:04 AM.

#2 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:22 AM

Great Idea! Markerdoos!!!

I have the Photo Done for Step #1,

#2Posted Image

#3 I would want to see Sunburst Pirate Lion Reraleased, with a totally new look. Make him with the Traditional Blue armor, alittle taller with more articulation. Also make him look more like a lion. I think that would be the best.

Edited by WhiteLeo, 07 November 2005 - 09:04 PM.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#3 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:00 AM

ok i'll play!!!

i did the new photo (not the best option, but it's what i had available!)

i have a few customs @ home that i've been working on so i'll try to finish it up and post it tonight.

i would love to see 3 3/4 revamp of these guys especially sawtooth shark 7 killer carp.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#4 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:00 PM

Finnished my thing. Good luck everybody!!!!!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#5 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

Well,

I already did part #1. I will work on a custom for part #2, and I will answer part #3 later tonight or tommorrow night.

Eric

#6 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:32 PM

Okay, I'm in!

#1 New current Personal Picture

#2 New Art BB Photo posted here

#3 I'd like to see a Hasbro/Takara release an eight-foot tall premium wooden Battle Beast Series I Bear carved with a chainsaw! :woot:

#7 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:57 PM

:woot: Sweet-arse photo Johnny~!!!!! :D

#8 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:44 PM

yeah, updated profile stuff. do # 2, # 3 later
"Strongest of the scions created by the gods, they feared his power, and so kept him confined to the dark. So indomitable is his strength that all things are by him twisted and pressed into oblivion. He alone fashions the laws governing all things, and administers punishment in place of the gods. So is he dark eternal, and his authority is absolute."

#9 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:47 AM

sweet pic Will! Asian chics are soooooooo HOT!

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#10 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:26 AM

This is another EXCELLENT contest!!!

Thanks Mark for keeping the spirit flowin'!!!

Also, I like the push for CP photos!!! I likey!!!

TGB

#11 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:28 AM

Well,

I already did part #1. I will work on a custom for part #2, and I will answer part #3 later tonight or tommorrow night.

Eric

I think you misunderstood...

PART ONE:

Update your profile with:

A recent photo of yourself
Where you're from (country/city)

TGB

#12 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:26 AM

THNX Marty! :)

Are you gonna join in yourself? ;)

To all the contestors: It's really great that so many of you are taking a shot at it, really dig the effort ya'll are putting in this!!!

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

#13 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:13 AM

heres my #2 BB art, Crimson Cardinal. Only one I could find a decent head for.

Posted Image

# 3 is harder. went through price guide, tried to find animal they havent already done up yet. ive always like creepy crawly stuff as a kid. so i remembered this one thing i had as a pet a while back. and the rest is history...

Wikipedia sez:

The Axolotl (Ambystoma mexicanum) is an aquatic salamander native to Mexico.

In colour they range from albino or white (leucistic) to black, through greys, tans and browns.

The axolotl is carnivorous, consuming small prey such as worms, insects, and small fish in the wild.

Axolotls locate food by smell, and will "snap" at any potential meal, sucking the food into their stomachs with vacuum force. This is why other animals may not be housed with axolotls (excluding adults with adults) as anything smaller will invariably end up in their mouths - even siblings.

The feature of the salamander that attracts most attention is its healing ability: the axolotl does not heal by scarring and is capable of the regeneration of entire lost appendages in a period of months, and, in certain cases, more vital structures. Some have indeed been found restoring the less vital parts of their brains. They can also readily accept transplants from other individuals, including eyes and parts of the brain - restoring these alien organs to full functionality.

The name is from the Aztec Nahuatl language, from "atl" meaning water, and "xolotl" meaning dog. It also derives its name from the Aztec God of Death Xolotl, who - according to myth - assumed the amphibian's form in an effort to escape exile, and was killed while such.

SPECIES-Ambystoma mexicanum

COLOR- dark green with black spots (Purple Armor/red trim) albino white variant figure (Light green armor/orange trim)

WEAPON- huge axe like Pillaging Polar Bear's weapon

NAME- AXIAL AXOLOTL ( you find something to go with axolotl )

pretty cool after i learned more about it. It would be like some outcast battlebeast, chopping off arms and legs and sewing them onto itself or be like the dude offa Jeepers Creepers where he needs to eat other beasts organs to replace his own. a real freak....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Strongest of the scions created by the gods, they feared his power, and so kept him confined to the dark. So indomitable is his strength that all things are by him twisted and pressed into oblivion. He alone fashions the laws governing all things, and administers punishment in place of the gods. So is he dark eternal, and his authority is absolute."

#14 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:24 AM

Kick-arse info there Will! :) ;)

Not to be anal or anything, but when writing a species name, it's proper nomenclature to write either in italics, such as: Ambystoma mexicanum, or underlined, such as: Ambystoma mexicanum. With the most common being italics.

Again, I'm not trying to be anal or anything. It's just something that got beat into my head in school.
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#15 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:27 AM

i didnt expect that from you Art, thought youd be all about the Cardinal bro-- biology not my strong suit, but i major in female anatomy :)

#16 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:42 AM

i didnt expect that from you Art, thought youd be all about the Cardinal bro-- biology not my strong suit, but i major in female anatomy ;)

Yeah well, I got a B.A. in B.S. myself. :)

...And yes, the Cardinal lookin' pretty damn cool! :D

And I'd also like to point out that I'm earning my Masters in the female anatomy! :D

#17 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:55 AM

yeah, yeah...well i got a PHD in PLEASURE....

#18 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

Yeah... a Phd in pleasuring yourself! :) ;) :D

#19 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:23 PM

Hey dark_eternal, did you make that Crimson Cardinal? That is pretty sweet!!

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#20 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:56 PM

yeah, i dabble in photoshop. im still really a novice, trying to pick up stuff from computer literate guys here. wish it was that easy to make customs, just copy + paste

#21 Orca

Orca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:48 AM

Yeah... a Phd in pleasuring yourself! :lol:

Just because he hasn't recieved his Master's in pleasuring himself like you have there is no reason to jump all over him like Marty would....... :( .......Marty likes a man in a Uniform :D

J/K~!! :lol:

#22 Orca

Orca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:54 AM

...And yes, the Cardinal lookin' pretty damn cool! :D

-Sorry to Hijack the Thread.......

Belive it or not i'm finally painting up the Cardinal custom (again since i farked up the first paint job and had to redo the figure after i found the parts again. ) Look for it towards the end of the week with a few other re-paints. It would have been nice to show off the Cardinal before the playoff's but since they sorta tanked it doesn't really matter now........ :(

#23 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:19 PM

PART ONE:
'tis done! ;)

PART TWO:
'tis also done - Deathsaurus... http://forums.beastf...t=ST&f=6&t=1707

PART THREE:

I'd personally love to see a special edition vs. pack of White Leo and Alligatoron made in the 8" super-poseable 'Marvel Legends' style with a pair of the original figures thrown in as a bonus.

Edited by fourth_heir, 03 November 2005 - 10:20 AM.

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#24 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image

Your Cardinal ROCKS!!!

Especially w/ the bird flu being all the RAGE!!! ;) :D :D

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 02 November 2005 - 06:38 PM.

#25 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:39 PM

THNX Marty! ;)

Are you gonna join in yourself? :D

To all the contestors: It's really great that so many of you are taking a shot at it, really dig the effort ya'll are putting in this!!!

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Not this time...

I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too busy mold makin' and castin'.

AWESOME CONTEST though!!!

TGB

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com