#1 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:01 AM

Anybody else think the Slime Skull is really weird?
Just doesn’t seem to fit in the toy line at all.
The toilet does, but not the skull. Thematically it’s out of place, and the styling doesn’t have any resemblance to the rest of the brand.

There’s a blistered one on eBay now so I was checking out it’s packaging; no flavor text or any explanation.

My guess is that is wasn’t even designed for the Boglin line. I bet it was made for something else entirely that got dropped before launch, so the skulls already manufactured got reappropriated into the dwindling and almost dead mini boglin franchise.

You’d be surprised how often that kinda thing happens in the toy industry!

Anyway that’s just my theory, if anybody knows better I’m interested!

#2 Danbo

Danbo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:41 AM

I've seen the eBay lot, lots of good stuff up at the moment. Do we think the skull is genuinely still sealed? It comes with a yellow slime, I thought yellow and blue came with toilets and pink/Orange came with the skulls.

#3 chieftrog

chieftrog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

I also thought this danbo

#4 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:MINI BOGLIIIIINS

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

crazy price. i saw someone withdrew their bid. it's going to end at the current bid imo

it would've been cool if the skull resembled a boglin, I guess it kinda reminds me of the prehistoric tribe, but yeah I think it probably wasn't intended for the boglin line. the toilet is cool, a trash can or something would have been kinda cool I guess

I really wish there was more boglin playsets. the swamp is awesome, but would've been cooler if it was made from something more solid

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#5 chieftrog

chieftrog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

I didn't like the flimsy cheap swamp carry case. Only carried about 12 boglins. No use for me when I had 200 when I first started out lol

#6 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:54 AM

yeah, it should have been a proper playset, not just a carry case

i love the half price reduced stickers on these though, its a shame the slime one goes straight over the center of the bubble. as much as i think it adds to them, id probably remove that one

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#7 jonnus

jonnus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:31 PM

So I guess this puts an end to the myth that the skulls contained the pinks...

#8 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:20 AM

Why?  

#9 Danbo

Danbo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

Pinks did come with skulls I think there is a pic knocking about showing it but that listing shows yellows and presumably blues as well came in skulls.

#10 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:03 AM

I'm guessing some of you on here have seen the mini boglins slime skull on eBay uk?

£179 with 5 days to go, have people lost there minds?
Makes you wonder how much the pink or Orange slimes would go for now, I'm guessing through the roof prices as they must be even rarer?!

#11 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:12 AM

A loose boglin skull with no slime inside or even a figure accompanying it? 29 bids at nearly 180 quid?? Wow, that's certainly a WTF moment right there!!  :shok:

Dread to think what a MINT & sealed version would go for. Will have to remortgage the house to buy one of those! lol  :p

#12 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:17 AM

I know right, sealed one with pink slime would be outragous!
There's definitely some serious collectors out there willing to part with theyre hard earned cash for these rare pieces.

Are you a boglins collecter too then Andy?

#13 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:40 AM

So glad I don't have any real desire to get this, the toilet or the carry case! 

#14 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 11:35 AM

The last sealed one on ebay was in January and it sold for £173, it was with a yellow slime boglin. It may have gone for more but a bid was retracted close to the end and may have put some collectors off due to the chance of the seller shill bidding, it did me.

#15 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:33 PM

This ones gone way over the norm then. Some collectors out there must really want this.

#16 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:40 PM

There hasn't been enough sold to constitute a norm yet, not that there's a rule of how many have to sell before a norm is set, but this will only be the 3rd to sell on eBay in at least 5 years when I started collecting seriously if memory serves me right (I regularly check sold listings too for anything I may have missed)

The first I saw was sealed with a pink slime but it was a low buy now price, not auction, and as mentioned - the price of the last sealed one was somewhere over £200 before a bid was retracted and it ended at £173, which means the winning bidder was willing to spend that much on it but then didn't have to after the other bid was retracted, as well as other collectors being scared off by the practise, myself included.

And after all, that bid retraction could have been legitimate for all I know.

#17 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:57 PM

There hasn't been enough sold to constitute a norm yet, not that there's a rule of how many have to sell before a norm is set, but this will only be the 3rd to sell on eBay in at least 5 years when I started collecting seriously if memory serves me right (I regularly check sold listings too for anything I may have missed)

The first I saw was sealed with a pink slime but it was a low buy now price, not auction, and as mentioned - the price of the last sealed one was somewhere over £200 before a bid was retracted and it ended at £173, which means the winning bidder was willing to spend that much on it but then didn't have to after the other bid was retracted, as well as other collectors being scared off by the practise, myself included.

And after all, that bid retraction could have been legitimate for all I know.

I was using the term 'norm' losely but I hear you mate, your right in what you say.
3 times in 5 years, rarer than I thought to be fare.

It would be interesting to do a list of what people have found to be the rarest/uncommon mini boglins but I know you said before your not a big mini boglins collector yourself?

#18 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 11:52 PM

Yeah that's right, I collect all the boglin releases from 1987 - 1994 aside from minis, with the exception of anything slime related, so the slime boglins, toilets, skull, etc I'll go for.

I've found the rarest tribe/set is the slimes, rarer yet is the orange and pink versions of them of course, but then there are the more common minis that come in very rare colour variations, I don't have much knowledge of those.

What have you seen least often?

#19 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

You must have a pretty cool collection?

How much would you say a normal loose slime toilet is worth on it's own?

Apart from the slimes that you mention & gold Kelloggs I've found the pink & neon red chiefs to be almost non existent (at least in UK).

#20 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:39 AM

£190 it went for in the end, it shows that Boglins collecting is strong out there. At least for the rarer stuff prices seem to be soaring.

#21 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:39 AM

Yeah that's right, I collect all the boglin releases from 1987 - 1994 aside from minis, with the exception of anything slime related, so the slime boglins, toilets, skull, etc I'll go for.

I've found the rarest tribe/set is the slimes, rarer yet is the orange and pink versions of them of course, but then there are the more common minis that come in very rare colour variations, I don't have much knowledge of those.

What have you seen least often?

i think there are other mini boglins equally as rare as pink/orange slimes. there's a few 1 of 1s out there. pink splash is obviously the most common of the rare slimes, i dunno how many have been found, but i guess like 4 or 5? it's probably a case of them being in countries that dont have ebay I guess, like the scandanavian neons. they will probably show up eventually. 

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#22 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:25 PM

Hey mate, that's what I was thinking too about the countries like Sweden & Scandanavia that don't have ebay i believe but I hope those different neons do make they're way over like you say but it's been 25 years now & it's strange that they haven't made theyre way already but maybe the demand hasn't been enough to see them turn up in numbers yet.

#23 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:33 PM

Hey mate, that's what I was thinking too about the countries like Sweden & Scandanavia that don't have ebay i believe but I hope those different neons do make they're way over like you say but it's been 25 years now & it's strange that they haven't made theyre way already but maybe the demand hasn't been enough to see them turn up in numbers yet.

yeah, tradera has a lot of the "rare" neons show up, so they obviously arent rare over there, it's just they have no way of selling them outside of tradera and facebook groups. maybe other countries without ebay have more stuff none of us have seen before

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#24 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:46 PM

I saw that Tadera but couldn't understand the language & couldn't find to translate to English but I saw it said no buyers outside Sweden for all the Mini Boglins listings so it was 3 strikes & out for me on that one!

#25 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:37 AM

haha, i have a friend in sweden who buys for me, but there's not much I need on there now, unless theres 3 or more that I need I usually just leave them for someone else

its always worth keeping an eye out, i just search boglins and you see some listed a couple times a month. if you see anything on there let me know, i'll ask my friend to bid on them.

theres at least one other guy on here that uses tradera, but they usually sell pretty cheap still

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com