#26 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

It is GREAT to see ya back bro!

Ok, so Aikola...does Matt have all the ones you have?

I am just trying to see who has the most of them so I only have to borrow from the least amount of collectors.

Thanks,
TGB

#27 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

Looks like I have 3 he doesnt:
Egg Crusher
Larvegg
and
Raw Eggster.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#28 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:22 PM

Egg Crusher
Larvegg
and
Raw Eggster.

Just realised, I have a Raw Eggster too but it's a softie! I'll go through all of mine again and see which are soft and which are hard - I think the hard ones will be better to take casts of as they seem more detailed. I'll post collection pics in the Bad Eggz thread...

Posted Image

#29 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

Egg Crusher
Larvegg
and
Raw Eggster.

Just realised, I have a Raw Eggster too but it's a softie! I'll go through all of mine again and see which are soft and which are hard - I think the hard ones will be better to take casts of as they seem more detailed. I'll post collection pics in the Bad Eggz thread...

Unless there is a REALLY big difference in soft vs. hard (as far as detail) either is fine. As you know Matt silicone won't harm the originals no matter what they are made of. I know you know this because you mold/cast too.

I just want to borrow as many as we can get to a complete set w/o having to borrow from too many collectors. Heck, I am not even sure I can afford the insurance to ship these back right now. So this might have to be a project on hold for now. I worry shipping these back, just like I did Sylvain/Lord's 6 original French Shields...Aren't these worth about $75+ ea?

I also would like to know how I should mold these in sets? I would probably mold 5 per set...so when I cast IF someone wanted a variety of colors which ones would look best in blue, green, red, etc... That is how I would like to group them.

LMK guys.

Thanks,
TGB

#30 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

when/if you do them i'd like them all in green if its possible. from the pictures i've seen of them, the green figures look awesome. would you be able to match the original green?

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#31 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

when/if you do them i'd like them all in green if its possible. from the pictures i've seen of them, the green figures look awesome. would you be able to match the original green?

Ya, I can match that color, no problem. B)

I am not sure there will be an actual full set to mold though. So if you get a custom mixed color, then if/when I mold the last couple that surface...I might not be able to match your set to the exact color. ;)

#32 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

We wouldn't to match the original colors exactly would we?
Posted Image

#33 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:03 AM

We wouldn't to match the original colors exactly would we?

No. I totally forgot that these were hard. I remember you posting to Jkaris that they are hard. I don't want anyone getting these mixed up w/ the real ones and I DON'T want my customs to hurt the value of the originals either. So are these as hard as urethane? Are they like Crazy Bones plastic?

TGB

#34 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

I also would like to know how I should mold these in sets? I would probably mold 5 per set...so when I cast IF someone wanted a variety of colors which ones would look best in blue, green, red, etc... That is how I would like to group them.

Fitz and I have been tinkering with the idea that there are about 3-4 BEB clans. There seem to be a few ogres, a few reptilians, a few crustaceans, a few aquatic, etc. That might be an interesting way to group them in molds.

Yes, the plastic is very hard. Much harder than MUSCLE, harder than Cheap Toys, but I would say a few notches below the hardness/brittleness of Gogos. It's a very nice plastic. I typically do not like hard-plastic figures at all, but these I like very much.

I wish there were an easy way for you to "brand" the bottom of your customs. An indented "TGB" would be neat.
Posted Image

#35 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

Really it shouldn't be too hard. A heated brand with TGB on it could easily be used to stamp Marty's trademark on the bottom of a figure. The hard part is really making the brand.....Then you would have to clean any residue off the brand....then you would probably have to remove any melted outflow from around the branded area.....Maybe too much trouble.

Posted Image

#36 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

screw matching up colors......I want a flesh set. :D e+
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#37 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

Ya, I can match that color, no problem. e+

I am not sure there will be an actual full set to mold though. So if you get a custom mixed color, then if/when I mold the last couple that surface...I might not be able to match your set to the exact color. :D

i'm not a huge stickler for a perfect color match. if it's similar to the original green and any future figs are close i don't mind. in fact, after closely looking over the pics on toypedia, there may be a few sculpts i'll need more than one color of. that light blue really makes these pop.

soupie: is the plastic like freakies?

#38 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

I think the harder figures have much more detail, It might be a better idea to only cast these the softies are still of good quality but some of the detail seems to be lost... out of interest which figures of yours are Hard matt?
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#39 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

soupie: is the plastic like freakies?

No, not that brittle either. I'm going to say they are similar to Galactic Hero figures. A notch or two firmer, but kinda close.

Between Aikola, Fitz, and myself, we can get TGB every sculpt except two. The two we need are:

04. Hard Boiler
13. Bategg

Two very cool sculpts.

:D
Posted Image

#40 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

dang... so no one on the board has those figures~?

#41 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

I think the harder figures have much more detail, It might be a better idea to only cast these the softies are still of good quality but some of the detail seems to be lost... out of interest which figures of yours are Hard matt?

most are hard, the ones I only have in the soft plastic are:

Yolkyuk (oily blue)
Poacher (blue gone hard)
Egg Face
Protein Plasm
Raw Eggster

Posted Image

#42 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

any updates on this possibility?

#43 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:14 AM

any updates on this possibility?

I am gonna pass, sorry. :lol:

Maybe Matt will bang them out. :)

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 12 May 2009 - 02:16 AM.

#44 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

:drinks:

#45 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:23 AM

I'm toying with idea to resurrect making sets of these guys. Love them but ony have hardegg gripper and zygoshark now and and put the idea on hold when TGB was going to make sets but now happy now to push forward on the original plan.

In terms of borrowing the originals it seems that most are within the UK (which avoids the worry/insurance/tax of sending the originals overseas), even better quite a few are in london too.

matthewf1tz, you seem to have the most within London, are you central? I work in Holborn area. I was thinking of getting around 10 moulds started in the first batch of which i have 2.

#46 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:14 AM

Just incase Mathewfitz doesn't have them all, I've got a couple I would be happy to lend to you. I live in Dorset but I would be happy to post them up to you :)

I have: Squegg and Eggipede both in Hard plastic :)

Nocturin
Posted Image

#47 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:06 PM

I'm toying with idea to resurrect making sets of these guys. Love them but ony have hardegg gripper and zygoshark now and and put the idea on hold when TGB was going to make sets but now happy now to push forward on the original plan.

In terms of borrowing the originals it seems that most are within the UK (which avoids the worry/insurance/tax of sending the originals overseas), even better quite a few are in london too.

matthewf1tz, you seem to have the most within London, are you central? I work in Holborn area. I was thinking of getting around 10 moulds started in the first batch of which i have 2.

There ya go!

BTW, if you ever have a plan to make customs of an old toy line...just lmk...I don't step on others' toes as long as I know they are planning it or doing it. I had no idea you were gonna do them. Can't wait to see your creations!

Good Luck!

TGB

#48 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

:)

#49 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

I'm not too far away from that at all :( Shoot me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call...

Posted Image

#50 csmhoff

csmhoff

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

TGB
No probs, yeah thought the same, and wasn't worth 2 of us producing them. These are going look kool.

May look great to have some painted too.

Malosavich
Thanks for offer, Will let you know once I know which additional ones I'lll need to borrow. Initially looks like half the set with mine and mainly matthewf1tz wicked collection.

Will post some pics once the first round gets complete.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com