28 replies to this topic

#1 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

Saw these vaguely familiar figures on eBay. Not sure what they are... Madball something or other.

Item number: 150172420815

Item number: 150172420127

Posted Image Posted Image

Attached Files

Posted Image

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:22 PM

They are Weird Ball figures. They are a Hybrid of Muscles and Garbage Pail Kids. I had a handful of the little ones and a couple of the bigger ones like these. They are about 5" inches tall and pretty hefty. Very cool if your into that sort of thing. Never really liked em myself. They have collector cards and stuff too.

Posted Image

#3 Battle Beast

Battle Beast

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:41 PM

Ohhh! I had that karate figure! Got it one Christmas. They were made of rubber but man they were heavy. No idea what they were though

#4 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:07 AM

I had "Eat at Chans". Never knew that he was part of a series. Totally forgot about him.

Edited by kevinmayle, 17 October 2007 - 05:01 AM.

#5 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:21 AM

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of these...

Weird Ball

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:59 AM

That's why those sculpts looked familiar! It looks like they used the same sculpts for both the large figures and the small figures.
Posted Image

#7 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:35 AM

Yep. Same sculpts. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that each figure had a small and big counterpart. I don't think this series went past the 1st series. At least not over here anyway. I don't even think there are any fansites on them. They are high quality figures, and the little ones are super detailed! I can't remember exactly, but I think they are a tad smaller than muscles.

Posted Image

#8 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

Hey, only $1,600. Geez.
Link

Edited by kevinmayle, 20 October 2007 - 05:33 PM.

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, that guys pinheaded. You should see what he wants for his other toys.

http://toys.search.e...ssZsultanofsway

Posted Image

#10 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 20 October 2007 - 06:58 PM

This is a sick joke right?!!? <_<
Nice little find but not for that much. ;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

..Hmm..is this figure part of that assortment ?

Attached Files

Edited by Articulationnut, 24 October 2007 - 07:06 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

No, I think it was probably made by the same people, but it isn't a weirdball. I remember seeing some of these somewhere else, but I can't remember what they were called. I just saw a Batter at an antique mall not too long ago.

Posted Image

#13 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:47 PM

I had a BUNCH of the large ones (even one MOC), almost 2 full complete sets of little ones, and tons of the Weird Ball Wrestlers (purple & red)...but, I sold them all to members here.

I do still have a LARGE Weird Ball Wrestler loose...it is the main character w/ the skeletal face action figure...he has 5-6 point of articulation and is FOR SALE. I also have the painted GPKs and Spider still available and I am accepting serious offers on both.

TGB

Attached Files

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 07 November 2007 - 01:49 PM.

#14 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of these...

Weird Ball

Posted Image

Wow those are cool. Not a big fan of the big ones but the little ones are pretty cool.

#15 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

I had a BUNCH of the large ones (even one MOC), almost 2 full complete sets of little ones, and tons of the Weird Ball Wrestlers (purple & red)...but, I sold them all to members here.

I do still have a LARGE Weird Ball Wrestler loose...it is the main character w/ the skeletal face action figure...he has 5-6 point of articulation and is FOR SALE. I also have the painted GPKs and Spider still available and I am accepting serious offers on both.

TGB

HaHa!!! You got all of those figures except the spider from me! :lol: That big guy isn't a Weird Ball. He's just some knockoff Dollar Store Wrestler isn't he?

Posted Image

#16 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

TGB

HaHa!!! You got all of those figures except the spider from me! :lol: That big guy isn't a Weird Ball. He's just some knockoff Dollar Store Wrestler isn't he?

I am 99.9% sure he is a weird ball...just an action figure version. B)

Actually, no I think you are incorrect...I may have gotten a couple of GPKs off you (the painted ones), however, the spider, the weird ball figure and some if not all of Cheap Toys figures I have had for a LONG time. In fact, I have had sooooooo many Cheap Toys figures, that it is hard to keep track of what I have had and were I found/traded for them. ;)

Not to sound like a butt, but, why does it seem, every time I sell or offer up to sell some of my collection of toys, you post things like, "You got all of those figures from me!"??? So we did some trades...you got toys and I got toys. I don't post "Hey, you got that from me." e+

Sorry if I sound bent, but, this is like the 3rd time in the last few months you have posted this and it is getting just a little old now. :o

TGB

#17 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

Well, I'm not apologizing for it, and I'll probably do it next time too. e+ :lol:

URS <----Where the heck this come from? :o

Posted Image

#18 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:12 AM

I had a ... tons of the Weird Ball Wrestlers (purple & red) ...

TGB, do you mean Weird Ball or Mad Ball figures?

I've never seen the Weird Ball (picture above) in anything but Flesh. Do you have any pictures of them in purple and red?

And if you meant Mad Ball figures (see below) I've been looking for them in packaging. Have you ever seen Mad Ball figures in packaging? Do you know anything about how they were packaged? Thanks!

Posted Image

EDIT: Oh, I see, what I call "Mad Ball" you are calling "Weird Ball Wrestlers." So, have you ever seen any of the packaging for them? :o

Edited by Soupie, 08 November 2007 - 05:31 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:43 AM

I've seen them packaged. I can't exactly remember, but I believe they were packaged similar to how 28 packs of muscles were packaged. I could be wrong, but I swear I saw them packaged like that.

Posted Image

#20 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:40 AM

CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE

#21 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:00 AM

That Axe's 'Pitman' is funny,weird,disturbing,and crazy all in one! :o

#22 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:07 AM

CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE

Thanks for the links, but unfortunately, they didn't turn up any of the wrestlers, loose or packaged.

:o
Posted Image

#23 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

Man, I didn't even know there were any sites that remotely covered weirdball stuff. I've been looking forever. Looks like your 100% right Marty. I didn't know they made Weirdball Action Figures, but I found one in one of the links you posted. They are called WeirdBall G.R.U.N.T.s. I had always thought that skull guy was just some dollar store fig. :o Why don't toy companies take risks like that anymore? I'm sure they didn't make many weirball items back in the day. Cool.

I've been trying to find some pics of the wrestlers MIP Soups. I'm trying to remember where I saw them. Might have been on eBay. What copyright markings are on them? I used to have a bunch, but I slowly traded them over the years.

Posted Image

#24 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

I've been trying to find some pics of the wrestlers MIP Soups. I'm trying to remember where I saw them. Might have been on eBay. What copyright markings are on them? I used to have a bunch, but I slowly traded them over the years.

Thanks, mate.

Here's what they have on the back:

(c) 1986 TMAC

TTL H.K.

:o
Posted Image

#25 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:53 AM

Ah YEAH!!! TMAC!!! Now I remember thanks, I'll get to it for ya. :o

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com