8 replies to this topic

#1 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

I think this figure or some like it where mentioned here before. Does it have a specific toy line or where they just cheap Heman knock offs?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

Man, i don't know what that thing is, but i know i want one.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#3 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

There were many 'specific' knockoff heman lines back in the day. I think this one belongs to one that has a bunch of others like a guy with a lion head, and one with a Triceratops head or something. I remember having a number of these when i was wittle. Sorry can't recall the name of the set. I bet someone here would know. Like TheGodBeast maybe.

Posted Image

#4 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

Sadly i was so young my memories of the He-Man days are all but wiped. I mean, i was a fan, but i got Castle Greyskull when i was like two. :) So sadly i wasn't able to go out and enjoy the range of apparently awesome He-Man knockoffs. These days i'd buy stuff like that in a heartbeat, but knockoff toys just aren't as good anymore.

This guy is awesome though, like Rattlor got something caught in his throat and then died.

The body mold looks to be an exact copy of the standard He-Man body, i wonder where they got that crazy head? How's the plastic/construction quality on the thing in general? I might seriously start hunting these things down. The Snake Men could use the help. :yes:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#5 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:07 PM

This is the figure Kobraa from the Galaxy Fighters line. They were MOTU knockoffs, and tend to be more valuable than an average MOTU figure. I wouldn't call them cheap as they held up play wise just as well as he-man figures. The only knock I have on them is when I display my collection of them they are very finicky to stand nicely since they have a plastic connector at the legs instead of the standard MOTU rubber band.

Oh and scummdogg, if you want more info on this line this thread will help you immensely: http://actionfigures...read=1124214672

Edited by phillinley, 06 February 2008 - 10:08 PM.

#6 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:05 PM

Oh and scummdogg, if you want more info on this line this thread will help you immensely: http://actionfigures...read=1124214672

Very informative, thanks! ;)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#7 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:07 PM

Cool! I was thinking Galaxy something, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the link Phil. ;) I really did the shields these guys have. I see the lion guy I was thinking of, but I wonder which set the Three Horned fella I use to have belonged to.

Posted Image

#8 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:00 AM

Cool! I was thinking Galaxy something, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the link Phil. ;) I really did the shields these guys have. I see the lion guy I was thinking of, but I wonder which set the Three Horned fella I use to have belonged to.

Triceratops head? sounds like a Warrior Beast. Was he yellow with red highlights? If so it was Guana, #7.
Posted Image

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

Yep! that's the man! I had about half of those guys, looking at the picture! I miss them. :lol:

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com