Goalie M.U.S.C.L.E. on eBay on the move

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

Happily stuck in the past

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 24 August 2002 - 07:46 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1761157770&rd=1

Hmmm..... The Goalie is up to $31.00 with 5 days left on the auction.
Any guesses as to how high it's going to go? He's more scarce than Satan Cross.

#2 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 24 August 2002 - 09:04 PM

Why so much if this guy is not even a muscle?

#3 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

• Legends
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Keshi, Minifigs, Baseball Cards, Travel, Disc Golf, Bigfoot, Pizza, Beer

Posted 24 August 2002 - 09:12 PM

My old buddy (Sam the Q) had an neon Orange Goalie M.U.S.C.L.E. in his possesion. It was not rubbery, and was the EXACT same type of plastic used for colored M.U.S.C.L.E.'s. Since M.U.S.C.L.E.'s were made in Japan, and manufactured by Bandai, it makes you wonder if they got their signals crossed from time to time with Mattel, and odd sculpts were thrown into the mix. This would explain the Satan Cross figs getting here. The only thing is... I've never seen another Goalie cast from the same plastic yet. Maybe one will turn up someday. But you're right... this fig on eBay is in fact Kinnikuman and not a M.U.S.C.L.E.

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 09:16 PM

I think he'll end over $50 bucks. I've seen other Kinnikuman (namely the S.C. from the Final Battle Series) go for almost $80. The goalie will rank up there on the general want list, simply because of the folklore that is attached to him. He was once thought of to be a M.U.S.C.L.E., and now we know he isn't but he still remains popular.

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 09:18 PM

It's at $36 right now, and the high bidder is Johnny Holt. He's got deep pockets. So I expect him, arforbes and maybe Soulash to bid this pretty high at the end. Hell it may even top $60.

#6 MUSCLETOYS

MUSCLETOYS

• Legends
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 09:35 PM

Boy... if someone took a trip to japan, and brought back a ton of vintage Kinkeshi, (kinnikuman figs) they'd make a killing over here. I mean.. you'd lose your shorts if you tried to take a trip for the express purpose of importing toys, but if someone went for business or something and then had a day or two to shop, then it could possibly be very profitable.

#7 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 01:33 PM

wow, that is already so dam pricey! crazy.

but i have to say that since it is arforbes birthday, he might have the edge. i could see someone (myself included) spending a lot of money and then calling it a brithday present to themselves.
but deep pockets are deep pockets.

but secretly, i think kingstylus will come in with 2 seconds remaining and snipe it! :wub:

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 01:42 PM

but secretly, i think kingstylus will come in with 2 seconds remaining and snipe it! :wub:

Nah, I'll be patient and get the whole ramenman set from Japan eventually for 3900 yen. Patience has its virtues.

By the way, I've never seen him in flesh before. This one is the first. Kewl!

#9 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 03:07 PM

Boy... if someone took a trip to japan, and brought back a ton of vintage Kinkeshi, (kinnikuman figs) they'd make a killing over here.  I mean.. you'd lose your shorts if you tried to take a trip for the express purpose of importing toys, but if someone went for business or something and then had a day or two to shop, then it could possibly be very profitable.

I am going September 15th... I am buying 2 extra duffle bags just for toys. Im going to get all the stuff I want first and then sell the extras that I come up with... expect some good stuff guys, you will all be the first to know what I get. I actually owe oozuman some goodies, he gave me a MUSCLE shirt awhile back
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#10 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 25 August 2002 - 05:05 PM

well i was wondering about whether it was flesh or not, the picture makes it look like it is, but it doesnt say in the description what color it is. From that old website that described the goalie, it said that he was an orange color similar to the color of a traffic cone. I know that sometimes different cameras can seriously mess with colors making magentas look like fleshies and light blue look like dark blue and stuff, so how do you know that this one actually is flesh?
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 08:14 PM

so how do you know that this one actually is flesh?

Because I have about 30 Kinnikumen that same color. It's also made of the Kinnikuman reissue plastic (early 90's), and not the original eraser rubber(early 80's). It's somewhere between bootleg rubber and MUSCLE plastic in texture and flexibility.

#12 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 09:12 PM

Hey guys,

I am seriously thinking of bidding on this auction to the end. But it's getting too damn pricey, so maybe I will let the other guy who keeps outbidding me have it. I just bid it up to $60 and still haven't surpassed the top bidder's bid! :wub:

Oh well, it's not a M.U.S.C.L.E. anyway!

:wub:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 09:30 PM

It's at $36 right now, and the high bidder is Johnny Holt. He's got deep pockets. So I expect him, arforbes and maybe Soulash to bid this pretty high at the end. Hell it may even top $60.

Hell, I must be psychic!

#14 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 10:31 AM

Where did this dude selling him get him?

#15 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 10:41 AM

$60+??? I hate to say this but the guy isn't even that cool. He's not a muscle, and even a chump like Blue Zord could kick his arse. Ok, maybe that is stretching it. So what kind of recognition, or praise would I get for owning such a piece? Whats the opinion of other muscle heads out there? Is this guy cool, and a nice addition to your rare collection? Or is he cheesy since he isn't the real deal? Just wondering? I do kind of want him, but crap that is pricey and still 5 days left to close.

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 11:39 AM

I wouldn't pay that much for him, but then again, I don't pay much for anything. I'm a cheapskate.

#17 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 01:11 PM

$60+???  I hate to say this but the guy isn't even that cool.  He's not a muscle, and even a chump like Blue Zord could kick his arse.

well i have to say that i think it is a cool looking figure. in terms of detail and his facial expression etc.
but as for $60-90 (my final guess) for this one guy, i don't think so. if it was a legitimate American Muscle, then maybe. for example, i could see that Black Hole Sunshine going for this type of price. but since he is just a single guy from a similar toy line, i wouldn't say he is worth it. BUT he is worth whatever people are willing to pay for him.

So what kind of recognition, or praise would I get for owning such a piece?  Whats the opinion of other muscle heads out there?  Is this guy cool, and a nice addition to your rare collection?  Or is he cheesy since he isn't the real deal?

but if you won this auction, i would say that it would definitly impress people. as in "Dam, he spent a lot of money!" it also might make others less likely to bid against you in future auctions since they could see how determined you are. i think this guy is cool, but i wouldn't consider him a part of my Muscle collection. But if i colleccted Kinnikuman I might feel differnetly. (I think he is related to that line somehow.....) and i know ill be impressed with the final price and whoever ends up with him.

Good luck........... :(

#18 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 03:01 PM

there's no denying i would not say no to owning this figure but i dont think because he was mistaken for a muscle that he should be revered more than any other kinnikuman. i dont understand how satan cross and the people who purchase him can be slated for paying so much. i mean what if someone did bring over a whole load of vintage kinnikuman? are we to be expected to pay upwards of $50 for each one? Hell no! i say we save our money and wait for the new line of Ultimate Muscles to come out! Hoorah!
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#19 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 03:45 PM

Damn, I just bid $75 and still have not exceeded the high bidder!!! WTF! B)

It's too high for me now, I think I'm out of this one. :(

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#20 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 12:29 AM

hahaha. this is great. :lol:

i cant believe it is going so high. apparently Doc Moore has the deep pockets.

i cant wait to see if they hold out........

#21 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 06:23 AM

I was going to snipe for this, I was actually testing this guy by upping the bid. I did not expect to be high bidder until later, I wanted to see how high he bid first without taking the lead.

#22 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 27 August 2002 - 06:34 AM

Up to 76 dollars and three days left. That is crazy.

wonder how high he would go after the release of the cartoon. Hmm.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#23 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 08:16 AM

Good luck with this auction doc moore j! It's way too high for me at $76 so I hope you win! :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#24 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 08:30 AM

Its way too high for me too ha ha, I just got caught in the moment.

#25 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 11:07 AM

Dag! $76.00! I really can't understand him going for that much, especially since he's just another Kinnikuman (okay, Ramenman) figure. If there was a strong chance that he was an authentic MUSCLE (like Blackhole Sunshine or Spinning Ashuraman), I could kind of understand it.

I personally would never spend that much on any MUSCLE, though. The highest I'd go for a single MUSCLE would be about $20 for Spinning Ashura or BH Sunshine... which means I'll probably never own either. B)

Which reminds me that a collectible is worth what somebody is willing to pay. And this is the first time I've ever seen the Goalie on Ebay, so maybe he's hard to come by.

But $76.00.... :lol:

-Nathan

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com