#1 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 04 July 2002 - 03:45 PM

I thought it would be interesting to see how everyone displays their personal collections. Perhaps everyone could post a picture of a favorite part of their collection, or even the entire thing. Here is something I came across at Restoration Hardware. I thought it would be perfect to display my favorite figures. Check it out:
Sorry, this picture is no longer working, so I posted a new one below.
Posted Image

#2 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 04:19 PM

Well, when my collection is finished I was going to have a display case built by a friend. It will be solid oak with a glarse face and will also include turnstiles for each figure so you can view them front and back when the display is hung on the wall. I will also include a backlight of some sorts... It's going to be awhile because I don't know if I will ever stop collecting, but I will definitely have it built when I complete the full pink set. I want to make sure every figure is mint with no markings before I do it, so I am sure this will take me awhile... I will post a pic when it's complete :blush:
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#3 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 July 2002 - 12:44 AM

Got them in a glarse case so that my kids won't play with them! When I get some more $ I'll get an ever larger case for a bigger collection! WhoooHoooHaaaHaa :blush:

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 July 2002 - 07:45 AM

I thought about a glarse case to display them. I was going to, but I did this instead, Kinnikumuscle Wrestling, hehe!

#5 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 05 July 2002 - 08:44 PM

A glarse case would be cool someday but right now i have them stored in a box. When i want to glote over my collection i open it up and look at them. For the board though, i have been planning on organizing my collection for a picture that everyone can look at.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#6 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 12:17 AM

..must take Kinniku-group photo... ;)
..must take Kinniku-group... :rolleyes:
..must take Kinniku... :wacko:
..must take... :blink:
..must... :angry:
:excl:

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#7 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 08 July 2002 - 10:43 AM

The picture I posted above does not always show up, so I have posted it again here... sorry!

Attached Files

Posted Image

#8 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 15 July 2002 - 11:01 PM

I usually set all of my M.U.S.C.L.E. figures on a table in perfect alignment and then take a picture of them all! As soon as I get my digital camera charged again, I will post a pic of my prized collection of Fleshies and Coloreds! And RARES!!!!!!!! :D

arforbes B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#9 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 03:56 PM

I recently bought two rubbermaid clear holding containers for my M.U.S.C.L.E. storage needs. They are clear so you can see all the figures and they have tops with handles so they can be carried. And when you open them, they now smell like M.U.S.C.L.E.'s!!! :lol:

My coloreds are in one container and my fleshies in another. It worked out quite well actually. The figures fill up both containers perfectly!

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#10 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 05:40 PM

I keep cookie/candy tins for my MUSCLEs. Here's the current count for my 300+, and bout 50 Kinkeshi:

Gigantic cup (From gas station): FLesh

Small bucket (From kid's meal at restaraunt): Flesh

Big candy tin: Colour

Small candy tin: Colour

Medium candy tin: Kinkeshi

Oh- and my flesh-to-colour ratio is split about in half between 'em.

The larger Romando figures are ona shelf during the schoolyear, and wherever I can store them otherwise (Akumashogun, Ashuraman, Sunshine, and Brocken)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 07:24 PM

In the interest of clogging everybody's bandwidth, I thought I'd post an obscenely huge image...

Anyway, I display only a bookcase worth of toys at once, so here's an image of the display. I limit the display of toys in this manner for two reasons: 1) It keeps my apartment from becoming overrun with toys, which would be disturbing to visiting dames, and 2) it's fun changing the display and bringing out older toys every once in a while. Anyway, here's a description of the toys:

At the top are my favorite Star Wars figures. The highlights are the 21-back Hammerhead, 12" vintage boxed Chewie, and that cool Yoda puppet, which my grandmother used as a beer holder. (And for the really keen-sighted, the vinyl-caped Jawa in front of Jabba is not real.)

At the middle are some various toys such as boxed Slag, mint Rockadile with box, and, of course, a few of my favorite MUSCLEs! If you really want to strain your eyes, you can see my four different-colored Tortles towards the right.

And at the bottom are three Jumbo Machindeers: Gaiking, Draguun, and the new Gaiking Unifive reissue. (Side note: never aim a Shogun shooting fist towards your crotch. Let's just say that safety restrictions were implemented for a reason.) You can also see Jetfire and two different carded Chewies. (All of which you could aim towards your crotch with no problems.)

Anyway, these toys are pretty much my babies. Wait... I think Gaiking needs to be burped... Aw, did you eat too fast, my widdle man?

-Nathan

#12 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 07:29 PM

And here's the image... duh...

Attached Files

#13 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:09 PM

The highlights are the 21-back Hammerhead....

wow!

that is a great picture. really cool looking. but i did have a question. i don't know anything about Star Wars figures, but whenever i see them it almost always has a "10 back or 15 back etc." what does that mean anyway? does it describe the date the figure came out or its current condition or what?

but that is a cool looking shelf. how can the ladies resist?......... :lol:

#14 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:13 PM

How many figures were depicted on the back of the card. In other words, generally the less figures on the back of the card, the earlier release, as there were less figures in the line at time of release.

#15 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:16 PM

wow, cool.

that is actually pretty nifty. you learn something new everyday.

right on. thanks. :lol:

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 08:44 PM

Hey Nathan,

Whose the M.U.S.C.L.E. to the left of the orange tortle? He is neon green and seems to be holding a long staff. Is he a M.U.S.C.L.E. or Kinnikuman? I've never seen this guy before! :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 05:54 AM

Ah, sharp eye! Don't worry... it's not a super rare MUSCLE, it's definitely a Kinnikuman. It's a variation of Robin Mask. He's holding a staff/cane/scepter, and has some interesting details in his mask. I'll scan him in tonight so you can check him out.

And as for the 21-back Hammerhead question, Johnny's right. The first release only had 12 figures (actually, paintings of the figures) on the back of the card, thus giving it the name, 12-back. This Hammerhead was part of the second wave and it shows 21 figures on the back. I think the card backs went all the way up to 92 by the end of Power of the Force in 1985, but I might be wrong.

On a side note, some 20-back figures had an offer for the mail-in Boba Fett. Of course, the rocket-launching mechanism of the figure was removed, so Kenner put a sticker over a picture that explained the mechanism. If you remove that sticker, you can see the picture below. Ah... what might have been...

-Nathan

Attached Files

#18 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 10:11 AM

Cool, thanks for the info Nathan. I thought I remembered seeing that figure as a Kinnikuman on that Japanese Kinnikuman website, but I wasn't sure. From far away it kinda looks the same as a colored M.U.S.C.L.E.! ^_^

:p
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#19 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 14 August 2002 - 11:14 AM

I haven't actually done this yet, but I had the coolest idea how to display my guys. I wanted to build a huge round table with a glass top, underneith would be all my muscles, starting in the center and circling in an outward spiral. So they would always be out and in the open for me to look at them. Right now they are in a brown cardboard box, cool huh?

#20 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 01:37 PM

That's actually a great idea doc moore j. I have always liked the idea of displaying M.U.S.C.L.E.'s through a glass pane of some sort. And the table is a good idea. That way you can always see them all time time! :p

But for now the cardboard box is just PERFECT! Haha!!! ^_^

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#21 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 03:28 PM

If anyone's interested, here's a scan of that King Robin Mask figure I was talking about earlier.

-Nathan

Attached Files

#22 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 03:39 PM

That's Robin's father, holding the fire staff.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 06:15 PM

I had one of him, he was crystal blue. Jshurt has him now.

#24 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 07:13 PM

As soon as i get some decent pic's off to Darrin V (for his website)
from the ring i made that doubles as my carry box i'll post them for you all to see
it should not take long at all ( i hope )

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#25 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 09:14 PM

yeah ive seen mischa's case, it is pretty sweet....

that is really interesting about those star wars figures and the bobba figure. toys are so interesting...

as for doc moore's table idea, that is SO dam sweet. as my collection has been growing (i am half way there) ive been thinking about how best to display-store my Muscles. i kept thinking "shelf", but now realize that a coffee table type deal would be both functional and decorative. i was thinking more of a low rectangle type table. if the top was glass, then it should have a hinge on it for easy access to the collection. they should also be "grounded" somehow so they don't fall over every time the table is bumped. maybe some of that gum stuff people use on posters....
but what i hope to do is make a rectangle coffee table and have a solid opaque table top. but along the edge have glass trim going all around. so there is kind of a square glass tube running along the edge. (can you picture it?) all the Muscle would have their backs to the center of the table. each glass side would have either a hinge pulling it up or a sliding door for easy access.
the downside is that the entire collection can not be viewed all at once, but the upside is that any junk mail, magazines or tv remotes on top of the table would not obscure your Magnificent Muscle View.
i am semi-handy with tools, but it should be a long and fun project. ill hopefully start it after i get settled from my move in a month. of course, ill keep everyone posted.

but yeah, Doc Moore, that is a really great idea. ^_^

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com