#1 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

So I see an unopened pack on eBay for BIN, but can they be opened and re-sealed to look like factory sealed? I mean isn't it just a twist tie? and can you just see through the packs at what fig it is?

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

They are heat sealed, but I imagine that one could open them up carefully (small incision on the seal line) and then re-heat seal them. That or cut them just below the line and reseal them (which would make the bag shorter).

But yes, they are see semi-through and don't really need to be opened to tell what figure is inside.

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

yup Jon's right. I have had a few that opened really easy so they could have been resealed, but who has a heat sealer~? Possible, but not likely.

#4 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

The bags are semi transparent like JK said.
Assume that you won't get a rare figure or the bag has been searched.
It's rediculously easy to tell what fig and color is in the bag.
Anyone selling one of them surely knows what's in it,
don't fall for the "I have no idea what figure is in that bag" or "I'm not going to check" statements sellers post.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#5 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

Awesome thanks for the info guys. :thanks:

#6 jason76basin

jason76basin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

to alot of people selling sealed packs, they may not be familiar with what's rare or not just by peeking through the bag. for example salmon would be very hard to distinguish from the other 2 peach colored commons if your not used to the feel of rares. neon yellow and neon red are a no brainer though, but you can luck up and get electric blue, salmon, neon green, or possibly orange in sealed packs........unless the seller knows how to "feel" a rare through the bag, but most sellers have no clue on rare feel

Edited by jason76basin, 09 June 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#7 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

If it's this auction you're asking about, OP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Topps-GPK-Garbage-Pail-Kids-Cheap-Toy-UNOPENED-Bag-Pack-/230806047250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bd1cca12

to alot of people selling sealed packs, they may not be familiar with what's rare or not just by peeking through the bag. for example salmon would be very hard to distinguish from the other 2 peach colored commons if your not used to the feel of rares. neon yellow and neon red are a no brainer though, but you can luck up and get electric blue, salmon, neon green, or possibly orange in sealed packs........unless the seller knows how to "feel" a rare through the bag, but most sellers have no clue on rare feel

I would argue that this seller knows what is in the package.
He's sold too many to not have been asked all the questions that would clue him about the rare fig.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com